We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Need an advice about my DMT trip Options

nowayboi
#1 Posted : 9/10/2023 7:55:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi. I had a breakthrough dose as I wanted the full experience my first time. Upon exhaling my friend made the room pitch black and I begin to feel my body start vibrating. I don’t recall exactly what I saw, it was a lot of geometric shapes and colours flying past me, and it felt like I was in a huge room. When I was in this room seeing everything it felt so familiar, it felt like I had been here before. I was questioning if this was my first DMT trip and was trying so hard to comprehend why I would do DMT a second time (which was very confronting while tripping somewhere so far from reality). I then had this feeling like I wasn’t meant to be back here yet, almost like it was too soon. This feeling came from both myself and what felt like a presence that I couldn’t see, only feel.

Has anyone had a similar experiences to this or understand why this may be?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

AwesomeUsername
#2 Posted : 9/10/2023 9:29:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like a bit of overthinking the whole thing, but don't get me wrong you should be careful with DMT.

Best thing you can do is to be in a good mood when you do it. You don't have to make it pitch black, and you don't have to break through every single time, unless of course you want to.

Leave yourself some space for test and trial.

I told myself as well when I tried it the first time "never again", but the curiosity to explore came much sooner to expected.

Every trip is a bit different, and you can try so many variations.

Consider changa, ayahuasca, different dosages maybe smoking dmt on the peak of an lsd trip, there is so much you can do.

At the end of the day, you have to know if this experience brings you anything or not.

DMT is not for everyone, or even psychedelics generally might not be for everyone, but if you don't try you will never know.

A single experience is too limited to be able to say that it's no right for you. Perhaps wait a while before you try again?

Pandora
#3 Posted : 9/10/2023 11:37:29 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

nowayboi,

Sounds very DMT to me. From the vibrations to the geometry to the deja vu, to the why am I doing this/never again moment, the feeling of presence and/or entity contact, the sense the strong feelings at the end which manifested for you as not supposed to be there yet. Everything you have written shines strongly of the DMT experience.

If someone had described your experience to me without naming this forum I would immediately have guessed, "Did he smoke or drink something with DMT in it?"

What was your vaping method? Did you measure your dose? Did you vape all of it very quickly?

Regardless I would give you advice I have given to many and taken many times myself - maybe take a little time off for integration. Do some journaling, thinking, meditating. Lean into the mundane tasks of work, school, excercise, chores, obligations, food, etc. If possible, maybe try to get out to nature. Even hiking a short, nice trail.

Take some time to integrate, maybe explore the Forum and read some experience reports. Some folks do DMT once or a few times then put the pipe down and there is nothing wrong with that. Some find it is a real ally to them. Having personally made a lot of mistakes with DMT, my long term conclusion is that the key to making it work is the integration periods.

Regardless, thanks for sharing and I hope you find what you are looking for.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

TheEternalNovice
#4 Posted : 9/11/2023 4:03:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The feeling of familiarity is a very common phenomena. For me it's often like "Oh yeah, of course, how did I forget this place?!"