We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
greetings and salutations Options

n00b4life
#1 Posted : 9/6/2023 6:12:55 AM

inflammable means flammable??

I’m old. life long cannabis user. have grown, best experience ever is smoking yr own. saw jerry @ warfield more than once. was offered a blotter at a dead show (after sharing my joint) when a teenager. changed my life. experience with lsd, shrooms, mdma, but at least 10 years ago.

can’t say why but got fascinated with the spice recently. no real chemistry experience, but that’s def part of the attraction for me. I expect the process of extraction will become a big part of the fun for me. mhrb comes Friday.

my extraction goals are purity vs yield. the spice is for me, or maybe a few friends. Planning room temp stb. 750 ml h20, 100g naoh, 100g powdered mhrb, 150ml hepthane. Open to any feedback.

really I’m here for insight into self and the multiverse. and I’m a card carrying nerd with 0 knowledge of chemistry so it’s really fun.

oh yah. I’m a cannabis and nicotine vaping fiend. But even tho I try and try to quit I still combust shitty mass produced tobacco cigarettes. habits r hard to break.

I didn’t realize u could stop on questionnaire any time. too many cbts at work. I answer till it’s over. some of my responses are embarrassing I hit fatigue. anyone who sees those answers, please accept my apologies.
These are the writings of a fictional character, preserved on this forum as a collaborative art project.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

pantostao
#2 Posted : 9/6/2023 10:02:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello! Welcome on board.

You'll find plenty of information on how to proceed with your extraction in here. I've done several room temperature StB teks with similar measurements as yours.

I do have a couple pieces of advice:
1.- Increase your water volume if you can. 100g MHRB in 750ml water creates a thick soup that emulsifies easily. It will work, but It's gonna be easier to perform the extraction if you double your water volume.
2.- (Optional) You can add some table salt (NaCl) without iodine to your soup before starting the heptane pulls. It will help with emulsions, and also will make the water more polar, increasing the amount of DMT that will transfer to the NPS. Read Cyb's salt tek for more details.
3.- Even if you're doing most of the process at room temperature, I would advice to heat the soup and NPS for the pulls. DMT solubility in heptane at room temperature isn't that high, so It would be better to pull at high temperatures. Or use naphtha instead of heptane, because it works better at room temperature.
4.- Add a water wash step after the NPS pulls even if the tek you're following doesn't say so. It's super easy, and the end result is way cleaner. A Re-X step is not necesary after a good water wash.
5.- You don't need that much NaOH. Half of that will work. Probably even less than that.

Good luck with your extraction!

n00b4life
#3 Posted : 9/6/2023 1:31:09 PM

appreciate the comments. Will increase h20 and decrease naoh. Need to find an explanation of water wash. is it just combine solvent that has pulls with clean (I’m using distilled) water and then pull solvent from top of water?
These are the writings of a fictional character, preserved on this forum as a collaborative art project.

pantostao
#4 Posted : 9/6/2023 3:19:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

n00b4life wrote:
... water wash. is it just combine solvent that has pulls with clean (I’m using distilled) water and then pull solvent from top of water?

That's exactly it. The basics are: Take your pull and throw it in some clean water. Mix, let the layers separate and take the top layer again. I've tried adding a little bit of lye to the water to ensure that the pH was high enough again, but I don't think this is necessary.

If your solvent is hot and saturated, and your water is at room temperature, some of the DMT might precipitate into the water. To avoid that, just use hot water.

Distilled water is probably best, but I've used tap water in my last extraction and it was absolutely fine.

Pandora
#5 Posted : 9/6/2023 3:52:21 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

noob4life,

I resonated with this intro. I am the same with cannabis, had a similar LSD initiation and met my husband of 35 years at a Dead Show. I have been lucky to avoid nicotine. I found DMT 14 years ago after a 23 year quest and it changed everything for me. Actually, nothing changed but I got a radical change in perspective and eventually experienced radical change myself. For me personally, DMT is very powerful medicine.

I am no extraction expert but I am very excited for you. Remember you can and should do multiple solvent pulls to get all of the spice.

I have enjoyed your presence in chat. Your maturity in attitude, outlook and all of your research and planning are a breath of fresh air. I really do love our new members but so few do the legwork. Bravo sir!

A very warm welcome to you. I hope you will become a regular presence around here.

I am super excited for you/your weekend and what's to come
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

n00b4life
#6 Posted : 9/6/2023 8:05:05 PM

Thx for all replies.

I have decided that room temp ain’t great for heptane, based on a survey of info across the internets. Of course giving weight to this thread. So now I will do mostly cybs stb salt tek starting at step 4 for an stb, as is called out as valid by cyb in the tek. I will also use cyb’s amounts - 750ml h20, 50g mhrb, 35g nacl (srsly with cheap gram scales why a tek says “30-40g” choose a number!11), 50g naoh, 150ml heptane. will dissolve naoh and nacl individually and combine. Will heat soup in sous vide bath (yes soup in inner half gallon mason jar sous vide NOT in soup) to x degrees c (help what temp is ideal? I can control so may as well optimize) for pulls.

and pandora, who knows we have probably seen each other at some point, if not shared a joint. I attended many shows in 90s in cali.

now I’m paranoid my freezer ain’t up to the task. it’s not great, and there’s no temp control. Fridge has a temp control. Sigh. It makes ice at least?

Much love to fellow travelers. But I guess I can’t call myself that yet. But I feel I’m already on the journey, so….

Pandora
#7 Posted : 9/6/2023 9:48:09 PM

Got Naloxone?

Okay now I am SURE we must have run into each other because I did a lot of West Coast Dead shows in the late 80's (when Jerry came back from his coma) and early 90's. Either that or you probably met my husband, Very happy.

You freezer sounds fine. Here's what to do: When you are ready to freeze precipitate, make sure you have what you need from your freezer for a good long while.

Now place the well sealed extraction container in the very back of the freezer, where you feel the cold air coming in. Seal that door tight and DON'T PEEK (this is the hardest part LOL). Maintain That Seal. Walk away for 8+ hours. Personally I use 24.

Now, check your snowglobe and please share a pic. Love Twisted Evil Love

And of course, rapidly decant the contents through a #4 coffee filter. When the solvent dries, the tiny (or larger) crystals on the filter paper and left in the jar from the freezer is DMT. I usually scrape it all into a pyrex and let it air dry or dry under VERY LOW fan (you want your DMT to blow you away, you don't want to blow your DMT away) setting with the fan face set off to a slight angle, thus ensuring that the air crossing over and drying the crystals is a very gentle breeze. I periodically visit it and chop it. My thinking is the more I dry it and the more I can get the DMT into tiny powdered bits, the more likelihood of getting all of the solvent out of there (since I am a DMT vaper not a DMT crystal creator).
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

n00b4life
#8 Posted : 9/9/2023 4:46:47 PM

unsure if links are ok, but I had friend send me this, how’d they do?
https://imgbox.com/UFEGuZNc

Pandora
#9 Posted : 9/10/2023 4:37:30 AM

Got Naloxone?

Those are some beautiful crystals of spice, Very happy. Well done.

Hyperspace LOVES YOU