We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
1st time extracting bark and was disappointeded Options

illa
#1 Posted : 9/4/2023 4:08:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I just did Gordotech on some Brazilian Mimosa for the first time. Up until now, I have obtained spice and not made it, only for the reason that I did not know of this forum or the steps to extract.

I grew up on 5-MEo thinking it was the only DMT, that stuff stunk like DMT for days and is way different.

I have been working off a jar of N-NDMT I got a year ago, It smells maybe 1/10 as strong as the 5-MEO but same good moth ball smell.

The bark extract I just did, smells a little more pungent and maybe not as sweet or nearly as strong as I am used to. It is a white crystal whereas my old batch is yellow/orange small pellets to granular.

The bottom line is that I did not feel the spirit and closeness in my new extract and am totally bummed. The new stuff is good and would be fine if I had not already experienced these other forms, but now I am left wondering what I can do to achieve the strong smelling spice I am used to. Different bark? This Mimosa I did is more space oriented while my old stash is more spiritual.

I will experiment with enhanced leaf and changa next. I was wondering about extracting some aya vine and then re crystalizing the spice in the same solvent bath and letting it dry. One step before changa I would guess.

I was so worried there was something special about this stash I have been holding on to and now its almost gone. If anyone has any advice on how to make stinky spice I am wondering if it has to do with other properties being extracted for a full spectrum feel or maybe the base material I started with. The Gordotech is strong and good but flat compared to what I need at least with the Brazilian Mimosa. I Have Acacia on order along with Changa supplies we will see, but if anyone knows please tell me.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

pantostao
#2 Posted : 9/4/2023 11:02:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello there

I have a few thought about your post. The way I see it, there are three possible explanations to your issue:

1.- Real differences between batches:
- Source material: Mimosa alkaloid content is almost 100% DMT, while Acacia alkaloid content is mostly a mixture between DMT and NMT. Both can look pretty similar, but their effects are somewhat different.
- Extraction tek: You said your tek yielded white crystals, and your older batch were yellow grains. Different teks will give you different end product. The common knowledge in here is that both can be pure DMT, be it white, yellow or red-ish. But some people will swear that they prefer pure white crystals, while other people will say that they prefer a wider spectrum. It's a preference thing.
I have a friend that always does Gordotek and obtains almost pure white crystals, while I do Cyb's Max Ion tek and I obtain white crystals if I don't heat the soup, or yellow crystals if I do heat it. To me, they both feel the same, but others might disagree on this.

2.- Differences in mental condition / set & setting.
The same exact dose of the same exact batch will have different effects every time you take it, that's just how psychedelics work. I would bet this is the real reason your experiences are being different: Maybe you don't need to feel spiritual right now? Maybe you're not getting in with the same intentions? Maybe there are other distractions around? There are a million factors that could influence the experience, most of which aren't under your direct control.

3.- ROA. How are you using the spice? Different ROAs will have different effects. Spice smoking is not really consistent, unless you're using an e-mesh set up (and even then, it's not 100% consistent).
E-mesh > Dab rig > E-juice vaping > Changa/enhanced leaf > sandwich or lightbulb pipe
The difference in experiences between inhaling the same exact amount of DMT in one hit with the e-mesh method or in several hits with e-juice can be night and day.

If i had to guess, I believe option 2 is the one that makes the most impact. Maybe try the spice in a different location, maybe in a different time of the day. Maybe take a break, or, on the contrary, dive in head first. Maybe try using it with music if you haven't, with different music or without music at all.

If your goal is to get an spiritual experience, maybe try performing some sort of ritual before embarking in a journey. Light some candles or incense, maybe say a prayer or state your intentions, focus on your breathing... Whatever helps you get in the mood.

And always consider that spice is unpredictable. You'll get whatever is on the menu for you, so try to dismiss your expectations.

Safe travels,

illa
#3 Posted : 9/4/2023 2:43:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I guess my last question might be about what you achieve using different extract methods. Does purity equal a different trip? Do different extract methods give you different effects? As I was indicating I am feeling like whatever the component that makes spice smell more strongly is what I am after. I am convinced the stripped down white crytals are too singular in their properties and feel that whatever gives dmt the taste and smell I am used to is what has added the spirits and healing to my past experiences.

illa
#4 Posted : 9/4/2023 2:44:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

illa wrote:
pantostao wrote:
Hello there

I have a few thought about your post. The way I see it, there are three possible explanations to your issue:

1.- Real differences between batches:
- Source material: Mimosa alkaloid content is almost 100% DMT, while Acacia alkaloid content is mostly a mixture between DMT and NMT. Both can look pretty similar, but their effects are somewhat different.
- Extraction tek: You said your tek yielded white crystals, and your older batch were yellow grains. Different teks will give you different end product. The common knowledge in here is that both can be pure DMT, be it white, yellow or red-ish. But some people will swear that they prefer pure white crystals, while other people will say that they prefer a wider spectrum. It's a preference thing.
I have a friend that always does Gordotek and obtains almost pure white crystals, while I do Cyb's Max Ion tek and I obtain white crystals if I don't heat the soup, or yellow crystals if I do heat it. To me, they both feel the same, but others might disagree on this.

2.- Differences in mental condition / set & setting.
The same exact dose of the same exact batch will have different effects every time you take it, that's just how psychedelics work. I would bet this is the real reason your experiences are being different: Maybe you don't need to feel spiritual right now? Maybe you're not getting in with the same intentions? Maybe there are other distractions around? There are a million factors that could influence the experience, most of which aren't under your direct control.

3.- ROA. How are you using the spice? Different ROAs will have different effects. Spice smoking is not really consistent, unless you're using an e-mesh set up (and even then, it's not 100% consistent).
E-mesh > Dab rig > E-juice vaping > Changa/enhanced leaf > sandwich or lightbulb pipe
The difference in experiences between inhaling the same exact amount of DMT in one hit with the e-mesh method or in several hits with e-juice can be night and day.

If i had to guess, I believe option 2 is the one that makes the most impact. Maybe try the spice in a different location, maybe in a different time of the day. Maybe take a break, or, on the contrary, dive in head first. Maybe try using it with music if you haven't, with different music or without music at all.

If your goal is to get an spiritual experience, maybe try performing some sort of ritual before embarking in a journey. Light some candles or incense, maybe say a prayer or state your intentions, focus on your breathing... Whatever helps you get in the mood.

And always consider that spice is unpredictable. You'll get whatever is on the menu for you, so try to dismiss your expectations.

Safe travels,

Thank you so much for the response. Any insight is appreciated greatly.

I was so accustomed to the yellow mystery batch that I immediately sensed the difference when I hit my new batch. There are some spices that leave me with a sterile/space like trip and that to me is that GordoTech. My old batch was warmth and color as soon as I hit it, with many times languages being spoken to me and incredible worlds to be traveled in. Not to say Gordotech can't get you there, but these are immediate depictions after having tripped alot in the last while. I have come to, from these trips on the mystery batch, seeing aurora borealis-type visuals with extreme happiness and understanding.

The white crystals seemed sterile, is the best way to put it. I am very used to the way DMT smells from all my expereinec with the 5MEO which smells so strongly like DMT it will linger in a room for a day. I knew that with my white crystals not smelling strongly of that mothball smell something was missing. Whatever provides this mothball smell is what I am trying to get back to with my extraction technique. Not this stripped down version I now perceive the white crystals to be.

With my set and setting having been exactly the same for maybe 60+ trips on my old batch I was very well aware of the differences between my old stuff and the GOrdotech as soon as I hit the white crystal. Gorodtech was good in many ways but lacked something I have found in the spice that smells strongly like spice. 5MEO and my old N-NDMT spice smell strong and slightly sweeter than the faint smell I get off the White Crystal which to me is more pungent and reflective of how the bark smells when extracted. I am thinking it is the material that does this and am anxious to try the Acacia as I am feeling desperate to get back to what I knew to be so good.

My only question back might be have you come across any batches of spice ever that smell strongly? Like I said this white crystal seems stripped down in smell and feeling. I was so upset that I might have lost my great connection with this old batch, when I hit the Gordotech stuff I could not even enjoy my first trip, I was depressed and sad! My second hit was ok and definately more of what I was used to but when I say "sterile" I might mean there was a lack of warmth and color and I have grown to expect, that would immediately hit my brain with the old stuff. And a warm feeling to be honest. The Gordotech was like being in a hospital, sterile.

Thank you so much for your response the info is helpful and I will continue to search for what I have grown to love with all my heart.Maybe its the Acacia. Maybe Gordo + enriched leaf or changa might be good but I kind of feel unless I get my extract right I will never get back to where I want to be.

I woke up today like I lost a friend. I had been so looking forward to having the ability to make my own perfect spice and realized I am not there yet, as this Gordotech is not it, I know there is more to be had.

Sorry and any link to Cyb's Max Ion tek would be appreciated thank you again.