We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Resources detailing DMT effects/toxicity (studies) Options

ACTG
#1 Posted : 2/24/2010 8:04:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have gotten into various arguments with friends of mine over the effects of DMT. They claim that not enough research has been done to verify without a doubt that DMT is in fact safe in terms of neurotoxicity etc. they use this and i am stumped because this is true. very little research to my knowledge has been done regarding the long term effects of DMT use. I have found one article that discusses psilocybin effects on humans. but nothing directly to do with DMT. I think the nexus should have a thread which links resources of such things to build a knowledge base and spread information about the safety of this sacred chemical.
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." -Edwin Hubble

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 2/24/2010 8:15:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

there's a lot of research on oral dmt use showing its safety, but not really about vaporized dmt.. Here's a thread you might be interested in:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=1441

Smile

quiksilver98
#3 Posted : 3/11/2010 8:38:54 AM

Mike Tripporty

Well if DMT were neuro-toxic then serotnin would also be a neuro-toxin. Also you should consider that DMT is proven to be in our blood stream at trace levels and is believed to play a role in dreaming, meditation, NDE and birth. All the evidence Rick Strassman puts forth without a doubt proves that DMT play a vital role in our brain, it has jsut yet to be bonified.

The brain also has a barrier called the blood-brain barrier (BBB) that filters out toxic substance and thought some toxins fight there way through DMT doesnt. The brain actually goes out of its way to transport DMT across the barrier, it actively transports it. Amino acids, unlike dmt, have to fight to cross the barrier but the brain takes special liking to DMT (Rick Strassman M.D.). With the way the brain treats DMT with the MAO, Strassman specualtes that it is like brainfood for the brain because of how quickly it uses it up.

The pineal gland; The Pineal Gland is a gland directly in the center of the brain but is not actually in the brain and is under high guard. Previous scientists believe that the gland is jsut responsible for melatonin production but it would seem rather foolish to guard a gland that produces melatonin which such high security. The only way the pineal is subjected to stress is when a person is going through extreme high levels of stress that release certain chemicals (i forget the namea right now, im about to fall asleep) that can activate the pineal. The pineal gland also mysteriously has all the building blocks to create DMT. One of the most convincing piece of evidence is that the most abundant traces of DMT were found in the cerebral cortex, caudate putamen, and amygdaloid nuclei which is directly above the pineal gland which contains all the emotional pathways and serotonin, dopamine and trace-amine receptors.

You can check out "DMT: The Spirit Molecule" book or watch the movie on youtube. Very happy
- - - SWIM is a friend that lives in a place where DMT is legal. I will not disclose his indentity for security purposes- - -

killuminati420
#4 Posted : 3/19/2010 4:56:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I still never have read that book,...yet im so interested

I started looking into DMT because of its presence in our bodies and plants...And hyperspace of course
"Money Can't Buy Life" -Bob Marley

a1pha
#5 Posted : 3/19/2010 5:16:15 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

See attached. Specifically, it covers toxicity of ayahuasca -- but you can see for yourself the results.

Quote:
DMT is capable of inducing aversive psychological reactions or transient psychotic episodes that resolve spontaneously in a few hours. There was no evidence that ayahuasca has substantial or persistent abuse potential. Long-term psychological benefits have been documented when ayahuasca is used in a well-established social context.

Quote:
Conclusion A decoction of DMT and harmala alkaloids used in religious ceremonies has a safety margin comparable to codeine, mescaline or methadone. The dependence potential of oral DMT and the risk of sustained psychological disturbance are minimal.

--
K
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley