We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
some questions for my chemical teachers :) Options

navegandouniversos
#1 Posted : 8/29/2023 9:02:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi friends!!

First of all always thanking for so much shared in this space, I am dedicating a lot of time to read and study the great advances and techniques that have been developed over the years.

I have a query that goes to the case, since I did not find guidance on my doubt about it, and it is about some subjects that I can get where I live, since practically everything I need to work with extractions is controlled by the police and licenses are necessary difficult to get for me that I am not a registered chemist. For example, acetone and mek, are controlled, but someone from a laboratory can sell a mixture of 50-50%, the same happens with DCM, and chloroform, but, you can sell me a mixture 60-40, and so on with a list of subjects.

My query here is putualmente on these matters mentioned, if you think you may have some degree of complication when working with cebil seeds. (acetone-mek), and with HBWR seeds (dcm-tcm).. I hope you understand the question, I'm trying to be as graphic as possible, And there will probably be more questions with the passage of time since, apparently everything can come out of the laboratory mixed, until that supplier who sells under the table, as everywhere else appears.

Thank you very much for your time in reading and I hope there may be some guidance to help here

Peace Love and Good Living for you

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

modern
#2 Posted : 8/29/2023 10:28:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Check the boiling points and if they are wide enough spread you can distill them by monitoring the temperature and collecting different vials. You will need to set up a distillation apparatus but if you know exactly what the mixture is you can get 'pure' solvents.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 8/29/2023 11:36:46 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Both mixtures - the acetone/MEK and the DCM/TCM should be seperable into their components through the careful use of distillation via a fractionation column.

Comparative BP's are 56C/80C and 42C/65C respectively (IIRC).These differences in BP (23-24C) are large enough for the process to be relatively straightforward given the right equipment and the ability to use it safely and competently.

This will not necessarily apply to all mixtures, the mixture of ethanol and water being the best know example of this in forming what is known as an azeotropic mixture. The resolution of azeotropes would require an additional leyel of knowledge and ability. Fortunately in these two instances it is not needed; they would even yield fairly well to simple distillation, although chloroform is typically stabilised with ethanol which is a potential minor complication.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

navegandouniversos
#4 Posted : 8/30/2023 2:30:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I thank you very much for the answers.

Well, is it something not recommended for these mentioned examples to work with the mixed compounds? mainly, I am wanting to clean an oily and very perfumed MDMA, and I thought I could do it with the mixture of mek and acetone 50-50, and then, also work with some cebil seeds that are arriving from Salta Argentina these days with someone who comes from visits.

Do you think it is worth working with the mixture before distilling it and separating the compounds?

Work with DCM TCM will be in the coming weeks.

For now my focus is on the Acetone MEK blend

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 8/30/2023 2:48:39 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Yes you can test the cleanup efficacy of the acetone MEK, best to do an initial test with a smaller amount of your dirty material. If that goes OK you can then clean more of it. This is not something I've personally tried, but knowing the properties of those two solvents they should clean up oily MDMA just fine.

Not sure about the cebil though - again, you'd have to start by experimenting on smaller amounts of material to see how it goes.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

navegandouniversos
#6 Posted : 8/30/2023 10:49:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, of course! This will be Very happy

After doing those small tests I will share results here.

Thank you very much for your time and knowledge, it is of great value

Hugs!

famine
#7 Posted : 8/30/2023 11:38:11 AM

Entheogen Enthusiast

Chemical expert

navegandouniversos wrote:
I thank you very much for the answers.

Well, is it something not recommended for these mentioned examples to work with the mixed compounds? mainly, I am wanting to clean an oily and very perfumed MDMA, and I thought I could do it with the mixture of mek and acetone 50-50, and then, also work with some cebil seeds that are arriving from Salta Argentina these days with someone who comes from visits.

Do you think it is worth working with the mixture before distilling it and separating the compounds?

Work with DCM TCM will be in the coming weeks.

For now my focus is on the Acetone MEK blend

Try wash with ace/mek then re-crystallize in IpOH.

navegandouniversos
#8 Posted : 8/31/2023 3:52:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hi famine

thanks for your answer my friend,
i will make it, and, when that was done,
i´ll share the different results here

hugs!