We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Minimum effective dose of Syrian rue? Options

AwesomeUsername
#1 Posted : 8/15/2023 1:53:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

I am interested in brewing ayahuasca again.

Looking back I might have been dosing improperly in the past.

Upon one occasion I took the rest of my mimosa (lots of it), and rest of the rue (quite little) and cooked it all together.

To my surprise it actually worked, quite well.

Neusea was mild to non existing.

Which brings me to my question...

What would be the minimum amount of rue to activate DMT?

I don't want any psychoactive effects from it, just the MAOI effects.

My trips back then were quite clean, almost like shrooms but more serious and deeper in nature. I enjoyed it quite much.

I have read that a single gram could do the job. Is it true?

Considering I'm skinny (70kg), could that be sufficient?

My plan would be to start slow, and increase the dose of mimosa till I find my sweet spot.

Do I need to powderize the seeds or can I cook them whole?

For starters I wanted to cook 1 gram of rue, 5 grams of mimosa, drink the rue, wait 10 minutes, drink the mimosa and hope for the best.

Another idea was to cook them in closed tea bags to minimize tannins leaching in the water, and possibly avoid the nausea completely.

I still didn't source the materials but when I do, I want to do everything right.

Any thoughts, tips?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Sidisheikh.mehriz
#2 Posted : 8/15/2023 7:27:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

From my limited experience rue dosage is totally dependent on personal metabolism and weight. You will find the sweet spot with trial and error.

Cooking the two components together will result in better synergy but you'll probably have to redose during your voyage.

I personally don't grind the seeds I just cook them for longer periods around one to two hours.

The more often you use rue the less you will need and the less nausea you'll get from it.

For removing tannins you can use egg whites or just plain milk. Tannins will precipitate out of solution. I used milk successfully, I didn't have to boil the milk with he tea just added it to the tea while it was still hot and lots of precipitation formed clearing up the tea. Tea became less astringent (no longer causing that harsh rough texture on my tongue and throat.

brokedownpalace10
#3 Posted : 8/15/2023 9:18:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I always read that it took approx 3 grams of Rue for MAOI effects with minimal psychoactive effects. Personally, I feel 3 grams, but it's not a lot.

Jees
#4 Posted : 8/15/2023 12:50:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If we take 5% activity/yield in account, 1 gr seeds would provide for 50mg alkaloids.
I would double that for a bare minimum for maoi activity to speak of.
Rather aim for 150mg alkaloids, say 2.5 to 3 gr seeds.

It's not that 1 gr does nothing, only that the max peak level will be way lower and time window will be much shorter. Waste of bark thus.

abecedarian
#5 Posted : 8/15/2023 2:06:54 PM

∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ęRhe✟ori© ABe©eDarian $✞ȉllĨn✞hę©®@✟ę

1g can be felt but won't efficiently let dmt be active enough.

3-5g I say. 3g to make it easier on yourself if it gives you bodyload you don't like, full 5g to be efficient with letting the dmt be active. 4g to compromise. By the time it's 7 or 8g you're starting to poison yourself.
I'm a man from a place with hands and a face. Part of the heart of the human race. It illuminates. ∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ę®ȉ©

Jees
#6 Posted : 8/15/2023 5:49:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
If we take 5% activity/yield in account, 1 gr seeds would provide for 50mg alkaloids.
I would double that for a bare minimum for maoi activity to speak of.
Rather aim for 150mg alkaloids, say 2.5 to 3 gr seeds.

It's not that 1 gr does nothing, only that the max peak level will be way lower and time window will be much shorter. Waste of bark thus.

PS: was talking grinded seeds, unroasted.

ShamensStamen
#7 Posted : 8/15/2023 7:54:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The last few months i've been dosing 1 to 1.2 grams of light roast Rue seed powder encapsulated twice a day/12 hours apart, for a total of 2 to 2.4 grams a day, and surprisingly even at that low of a dosage the Harmala reverse tolerance is building up, slowly/weakly compared to higher dosages of Harmalas which builds up the reverse tolerance faster and more strongly, but none the less, i can tell it's getting stronger because the CYP1A2 inhibition by Harmine potentiates my Tizanidine (sleep med) and the CYP inhibition window moves around/lengthens out as the dosage/duration of the Harmalas increases, ime. Which, idk if the 2 to 2.4 grams of Rue total in a day is contributing to reverse tolerance, or if 1 to 1.2 grams is enough, but i have a feeling 1 to 1.2 grams is enough but it could well be because of the 2 to 2.4 grams total a day.

And so like a few days or so ago i switched from the light roast to raw Rue, and the way i see it, since i've been taking the light roast for the most part, which has Harmine but no Harmaline (due to roasting breaking down Harmaline but sparing Harmine), the Harmine reverse tolerance was already built up a good bit, so when i switched to the raw Rue, the Harmine dosage was still the same since i was still getting the same amount, and so now it's like above the Harmaline, similarly to mixing light roast and raw Rue's together to raise Harmine level so that it becomes more dominant instead of Harmaline, in Rue.

And so a few days ago i started back taking some Mimosa again, just 2 grams, a low dose, but still quite strong, at least Adrenergically speaking, and the Mimosa has lasted me the full 4 to 5 hours, so it seems MAO-A inhibition is full enough to ensure full oral activation of the DMT. I also of course take my Mimosa 30 minutes after the Rue, both are in capsules at this point, which is nice. I've also learned that 2 to 3 Simethicone can help with my gut especially with the Mimosa, so far, idk if that'll hold up with higher doses of Mimosa though lol.

So yeah, i'd recommend if you can, to take Harmalas regularly for a bit, it'll let the Harmala dosage get stronger over a few weeks or so, and you can start off with a small dosage of Harmalas and let it get stronger, or you can start out with a usual dosage of 3 to 3.5 grams of Rue which is a moderate dosage, and take that same dosage until it gets strong enough that you can back the Rue dosage down a wee bit and continue on, eventually you will only need a little bit of Rue for full MAO-A inhibition. Also the side-effects go away with regular consumption and then you don't have to deal with the psychoactive parts of the Harmalas or the nausea/vomiting.

Also lower doses of Harmalas with DMT makes things feel more DMT-like, whereas higher doses of Harmalas with DMT makes things feel more Aya-like.