We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Greetings fellow earthlings, and others Options

Never Forget
#1 Posted : 7/31/2023 6:13:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone. Thanks for building such a wonderful community. I have been a long time lurker, and learned so so much from this forum.

A quick background without giving too much away:

18-35 male, long interested in psychedelics and psychoactives in general due to early adoption of the internet and subsequent discovery of erowid. As a teen I devoured everything on that website, and was (happily) the one holding the torch of knowledge among my curious and adventurous friend group.. I knew the doses, the duration, techniques to work through bad (and good) experiences. I knew it all!

...then, years later, after years of reading, I extracted some DMT and smoked it in pipe on my bed...

I know nothing!

My first experience stays with me, as I'm sure is the case for most of you. I was sitting on the edge of my bed, with a little sandwich of weed and spice ready to go. I hit it, exhaled. Hit it again, exhaled. Oh shit. I hear Terence's nerdy little voice (I can say this as I sound the same).. "Take the third hit!!".. I hit it again, exhaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

The content of this experience has long been forgotten, but the tail end will stay with me forever: I am awash in a psychedelic ocean, and I can hear a tone, a guttural "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" which is slowly bringing me back to reality.
"What is this noise?"
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH" like a didgeridoo or a throat singer...
"I'm coming back WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH"...
as I re-enter my body and this reality, I realise it was me making the noise all along! I was sitting in the same spot on my bed, gurgling this baritone gibberish until I stopped. I laughed. Laughed and laughed and laughed. "It's impossible! It cannot be!"

After that experience I had a few misfires while figuring out the best way to ingest it. These actually frustrated me quite a bit, and I can remember the feeling of disappointment, "cockblocked from hyperspace". I eventually worked through my 1g-ish of extracted material, with only the first breakthrough experience to really go back to, but that served as wonderful anchor memory that helped me through some dark times.

Unfortunately, dark times would plague me for a few years after that. Life happened, things got bad. I stopped using psychedelics, which was a pretty good decision looking back on it, and began abusing cannabis. This spiraled for a few years before I made a drastic life change, moved back to my home country and started anew. My mental health is great now, thankfully, and I greet each day (or try to) with happiness. Things are good!

Since then, I've been blessed to share many experiences with my father. He and I have always been very close, and his independent interest in DMT meant we were about to get a lot closer. We lived together for a time. I explained all I knew about extraction, and we went for it. Since then he and I have shared about 5 or 6 experiences together. It's a beautiful thing. He had his own demons, as we all do, but I am so proud of him for his outlook on life. I hope I can be as happy as he is when I'm his age. My username actually comes from a recent experience we had. Spontaneous speech has been a key part of all my experiences, and the last time I was babbling "Life is a gift. Love [Father's name]. Love [Girlfriend's name]. Love yourself. Love your body. Never forget that life is a gift. Never forget something something." The last line still has me in stitches of laughter.

Personally, I am a plant science student. That is my area of interest. I am trying to infiltrate academia and research why DMT is so prevalent in plants, and what is its function. These are my main motivations. I'm a bit older than most students, and probably a bit too corrupted by the mystery to be a real scientist, but I'm gonna give it a whirl. If I can spend my time in this reality studying the most fascinating compound, and possibly get paid for it, I would be pretty happy and feel like I was getting away with something. Learning how to make better food and medicine is a nice backup motivation.

I'm going to stop typing now. I have many more past experiences to share, and hope to have more in the future, but for now I will say thanks for reading if you made it this far. Love to you all.

Never forget that life is a gift.
Never forget something something...

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Pandora
#2 Posted : 7/31/2023 9:01:09 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Never Forget,

Welcome to the Nexus.

Thank you so much for this well thought out and very profound introduction.

How exciting that your father is on board. Please invite him to join the Forum. I know of at least one other father son duo from about a decade ago who were on here.

I look forward to seeing you around and invite you to drop into the Chat.

Again, welcome to the Nexus.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Never Forget
#3 Posted : 7/31/2023 9:52:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey Pandora, thanks for taking the time out to read and reply!

I'll say it to my Dad, he has absolutely been on here before but I don't believe he has ever posted or even if he's registered. If you see happen to see this, Dad, hello! It's me, your son. Smile

He is inspirational. He jumped headfirst into this world, while I was still dipping my toes. I feel like he gets to the core of these experiences a lot better than I do, and takes a lot more "back" than I do. Every time I see him (we live a pretty far distance apart) he is more and more zen and stoic. He's on his way to Buddha-ifying himself. He's also got a lot of spare time and a lot of free space, so he's always extracting or growing something, or got some little project going on. I'll try to get him on here anyway, or at least I'll share a message on his behalf the next time I'm with him. We have plans for a visit in a few weeks so I'll try get a report from him and post it here. Big grin

I will certainly pop into the chat some time, thank you for the invitation. I'm currently filling out the questionnaire, and having so much fun doing so. My love to whoever designed the questions, because there's been a handful where I sat there and actually thought for a good while. It's like a little mini self-examination. I feel the questionnaire could be great mental preparation for journeying if you take it very seriously.

Thanks again for your response, and your contributions to the forum. <3

Pandora
#4 Posted : 8/1/2023 12:48:41 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hey There,

That is great news. My husband, Nemo Amicus, used to be a member long ago but has had a decline in health and vision and is no longer a user or a participant here.

The more I hear about you and your father the more impressed I am.

Right on about the Questionnaire. Keep posting like this and get those answers in and you should be promoted in no time. Very happy
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU