We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hi everyone there ! Options

navegandouniversos
#1 Posted : 7/30/2023 8:31:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone, it's a great pleasure to participate in this site, I have a technical question about solvents, for the recrystallization of dmt, I consider hexane a great solvent, but after a dream I had a few nights ago where someone gave me a vial with ether saying to try that the idea of doing it came to me, what I would do is once the crystal with me, dilute it in ether to again invite it to be born by cold precipitation, if someone had experience and could give me some guidance, I would appreciate it infinitely,, here the ether is a very difficult subject, so before pulling strings to achieve it I prefer to have human references too, thank you very much, it is an honor to see how care is taken of both the plants that contain such special mysteries, and the people user of them.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Pandora
#2 Posted : 7/31/2023 9:44:05 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

navegandouniversos,

Welcome to the Nexus.

I am no chemist but I must say I have never heard of ether being used to recrystallize. Having said that, ether is a non-polar solvent and non-polar solvents seem to be the key with DMT.

Ether is difficult and dangerous to work with.

I also don't know much about hexane. I do know that heptane pulls very clean DMT and is often used as a recrystallization agent.

Hopefully my reply will push your inquiry to the top and get it more attention/responses.

Again, welcome.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

navegandouniversos
#3 Posted : 8/3/2023 1:55:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pandora
thank you for your answers, I appreciate your willingness to help, thank you enormously, hmm, I can tell you that hexane is good, I have used it for the last 8 years, since it is something that I can get without problems, and after each use I can clean it by sweeping with carbon, or ashes, and it is transparent, beautiful and with space for a new job... Regarding ether, to tell you, I know that it is something dangerous to work, like many of the materials we use for our extractions, I consider that if for those things in life I had the opportunity to do so, I would be very careful with everything to the resrepescto, the truth that I love to live and work and study plants is one of the reasons that encourages me to be careful, If it were to happen, of course I will share it, it is emosionante to be part of the Nexus community.
Greetings and thanks again