We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
sleep mask + dmt = VR headset Options

ilisuc
#1 Posted : 7/29/2023 11:18:18 PM

wishes she had chosen "nobodywillpickthis1" as her username

had a very cool experience...i realized that when you dmt trip while wearing a sleep mask, blocking all the light out, it doesn't matter if your eyes were open or closed...

i can't even begin to express how amazing it felt to see "hyperspace' / my dmt trip in front of me with my eyes open like a three dimensional projection. it genuinely felt like the sleep mask was a vr headset...though i'll be honest i've never used a vr headset.

anyway has anyone else ever tried this? im very curious
-wishes she had chosen "nobodywillpickthis1" as her username-

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Physics131
#2 Posted : 9/8/2023 4:19:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for your post.
After reading your post I got me a sleep mask as well.
I am really fighting to keep my eyes closed.
Dont know why.
I am excited about the experience.
Havent tried it yet tho.

bmxer7247
#3 Posted : 10/4/2023 5:26:20 PM

safe travels!

this is a great idea! will have to try it out soon Smile
safe travels!

chdedar
#4 Posted : 10/4/2023 9:00:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Why do you need the mask? Just close the eyes.Wut? Feeling something on the face is awful.

RowRowRowYourBoat
#5 Posted : 10/5/2023 3:18:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

chdedar wrote:
Why do you need the mask? Just close the eyes.Wut? Feeling something on the face is awful.

For me, sometimes it feels like it takes too much extra energy or thought to keep my eyes closed, or light coming through your eyelids or from the edges can influence things. The mask allows me to have a nice clean closed-eye experience without other sensory input or having to think about trying to keep my eyes closed.

If you have a well fitting mask that blocks out everything and also allows you to open your eyes it really can add another layer to the
experience too, VR-like, as ilisuc said. You can move your head and look around with your eyes and feels like you are looking around at things. Having your eyes closed make things feel a perhaps a bit more static and locked in and just doesn't have the same feel to me. I never really noticed the mask to be a negative, then again I've worn it for extended periods for plenty of mushrooms trips so I have gotten pretty used to it as well.

Getting the right mask for your face can be tough. I had the perfect one, then wore it out after years of using it during trips and couldn't get another, then I had to try several different ones until finding one that fit just right to be comfortable, block all light, and let me open my eyes.
Things have turned a deeper shade of blue

Why you should NOT take DMT

ilisuc
#6 Posted : 10/5/2023 2:21:04 PM

wishes she had chosen "nobodywillpickthis1" as her username

chdedar wrote:

i understand what you mean. i second what RowRowRowYourBoat said..if you can find a mask that doesn't even feel like it's there, that's ideal.

-wishes she had chosen "nobodywillpickthis1" as her username-