We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What can I do next? Options

mushroomtip
#1 Posted : 2/23/2010 11:38:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I boiled in 23 grams citric acid
Basified with 250 grams lye.
Pulled with d-Limo
Salted out with Vinegar
and freebased with Sodium carb.

I never got a layer after freebasing. I tried to evap
but now I have a bunch of white goop, that I believe is
mostly sodium carb.
If i dissolve in alcohol, will the Sodium carbonate dissolve too,
or will it form a layer?

I wasn't prepared before taking on this extraction.
I've seen it done a few times, and was told how it was
done, but very vague instructions.

is there anything I can do to get my alkaloids out?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

killuminati420
#2 Posted : 2/24/2010 10:43:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dude...just simmer some bark in water acidified to PH 3or4 unil it evaporates down to a few shots, and strain/filter off the liquids into a collection cup...Add more acidified water with low PH to the bark and simmer down again to a couple shots and add to collection cup again...do that until you have about 500ml's of mimosa liquids in a qt.-sized jar...then add NaOH(50-75grams) until the PH is 13.5, let it cool ALL THE WAY to room temperature for about an hour or two, and add 150ml's of VM&P Naphtha to pull with...Stir together for about 24hours and pull with turkey baster and freeze precip so you can recycle the naphtha...I would do sodium carbonate cleanings to get rid of any chances of excess lye in the naphtha pulled with a turkey baster before freezing though...
EDIT:you dont have to use ridiculous amounts of NaOH, just add enough until the PH is 13.5...usually 50-100grams NaOH...unless doing BULK extractions....oh yeah and i heard not to add NaOH directly to mimosa solutions but to dilute it in some water first, then add that water to your solution
"Money Can't Buy Life" -Bob Marley

endlessness
#3 Posted : 2/24/2010 11:06:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mushroomtip wrote:

I never got a layer after freebasing. I tried to evap
but now I have a bunch of white goop, that I believe is
mostly sodium carb.
If i dissolve in alcohol, will the Sodium carbonate dissolve too,
or will it form a layer?

I wasn't prepared before taking on this extraction.
I've seen it done a few times, and was told how it was
done, but very vague instructions.

is there anything I can do to get my alkaloids out?

what do you mean 'I never got a layer? after you salt out you are supposed to evap the water and then freebase it, not add the the sodium carb to the vinegar....

you said you then evap, how? with heat? if so, and depending how much heat, maybe your alkaloids are gone

if it wasnt with heat, then what you have is probably sodium carbonate (which doesnt evaporate away) as well as the alkaloids.. you should evap as much as possible (without heat, or very little, under 50 degrees celcius), and then mix this with dry alcohol/IPA, and filter it.. your sodium carbonate should stay behind and the alkaloids should be picked up by the alcohol, which you can evap by itself (but might leave a gooey product which is hard to manage), or evap onto some herbs.. If you decide to evap onto herbs, weigh them before and then after its dry weigh it again and you know how much alkaloids you have... to know how much herbs to use in the first place, maybe suppose that you have 0,5% of original bark weight, and then use herbs in a 1:1 ratio.... and then later when you measure the final infused herbs weight you will know the exact ratio