We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
SWIMS first try at Noman's Tek. going well! had some questions Options

stevowitz
#1 Posted : 2/23/2010 7:31:29 AM

The Dude

ok so SWIM thought it was about time to see what this elf-spice was all about, SWIM did alot of looking around and researching on the site and decided to go with Noman's Tek! a few questions after this intro into his progress:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SWIMS First Try Notes~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SWIM Found a nice apple sauce jar with plastic seal.

he added 750ml water(from tap)

slowly stirred 50g of lye until the water was semi-clear

he added 50g of powdered MHRB

rapidly rolled around in jar then let sit for over an hour

he then took 50ml of VM&P naptha and set the glass container into hot water bath before adding to base(hoping for more extraction he hoped...?)

he let it seperate and pulled

he has continued that pulling process again(two times now) and collected all naptha pulls into a pyrex dish in his freezer.

already a couple hrs and 2 pulls in and results are being seen Smile

he added third naptha pull, and is letting sit for a while longer with more rolling/mixing every once and a while

~~~~~

Questions

How many times can SWIM pull with the naptha before he starts not getting anything?
Would it be possible for SWIM to add more Lye to get more out?

Thank you!
*We are now at a phase of human development where we have accumulated an enormous amount of knowledge through scientific research in the material world. This is very important knowledge, but it must be integrated. -Hoffman
*A young man who wishes to remain a sound Atheist cannot be too careful of his reading -C.S. Lewis
cephalopods are enlightened -benzyme
T R I P S I T

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

#2 Posted : 2/23/2010 10:03:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

stevowitz wrote:

How many times can SWIM pull with the naptha before he starts not getting anything?
Would it be possible for SWIM to add more Lye to get more out?

You can pull as many times as you have patience to. You will just see diminishing returns on yield and eventually it gets to the point where it isn't worth it. You will probably get a couple of mg of spice even on the 10th pull. Most teks seems to say do 3 pulls, then leave 1 in the jar for a few days before pulling, rolling the jar on occasion.

As long as you added enough lye in the first place (which I believe you did) then adding more will not enable further extraction so far as I know.
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

stevowitz
#3 Posted : 2/23/2010 2:41:59 PM

The Dude

Thank you 1664! SWIM just checked the freezer and saw a nice pile of spice!!! he will probably pour off the naptha into one of the other dishes and let those crystals air dry. Re-crystalization might also be done just for practice. this is only SWIMS first try and he is already very happy with the results!
*We are now at a phase of human development where we have accumulated an enormous amount of knowledge through scientific research in the material world. This is very important knowledge, but it must be integrated. -Hoffman
*A young man who wishes to remain a sound Atheist cannot be too careful of his reading -C.S. Lewis
T R I P S I T

ragabr
#4 Posted : 2/23/2010 3:54:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Congratulations! SWIM loves the feeling of seeing the crystals forming.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

stevowitz
#5 Posted : 2/23/2010 7:38:53 PM

The Dude

ragabr wrote:
Congratulations! SWIM loves the feeling of seeing the crystals forming.

SWIM agree's and he can't wait to extract the little over 100g MHRB he has left. is it a good idea for him to go ahead and extract everything? or just wait until he feels the need to travel again? SWIM is not sure how well elf-spice keeps over time.
T R I P S I T

DeMenTed
#6 Posted : 2/23/2010 7:45:55 PM

Barry

I'm very interested in what your final yield will be Smile

stevowitz
#7 Posted : 2/23/2010 9:18:46 PM

The Dude

He's not sure how to measure the yield. a lack of sensitive scales is the problem. any tips on how he can approximate his fluffy white goodness?
T R I P S I T

#8 Posted : 2/23/2010 9:26:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is only from what I have read on the Nexus, so I could be corrected here, but I believe your spice will keep longer in freebase form than in the bark - so extract it all. It is best kept in an airtight vial in the freezer. Only downside is you are storing a class A / schedule 1 rather than some bark.

re: dose, get some scales, seriously. It gives you so much more confidence knowing what you're dosing, if nothing else. You can get a 0.001g scale from ebay for 20USD that is (apparently) adequate.

happy travels.
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

Xt
#9 Posted : 2/23/2010 10:39:17 PM

It will store longer in the bark (the cell walls separate it from oxygen somewhat)
Fumerate will store longer then freebase.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

geeg30
#10 Posted : 2/23/2010 10:44:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I find it best to freeze precip for at least a day, helps to maximise precipitation.

Also remember to do couple of final pulls with d limo/dcm or such like to get the fabled jungle spice - no point in throwing away a lye/mimosa mix when there are still some goodies in there.
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

stevowitz
#11 Posted : 2/23/2010 10:54:13 PM

The Dude

1664: Thank you!
xtechre: I will keep that in mind
geeg30: SWIM did his freeze for 24 hrs so far, with about 30 mins of room temp half way through. big crystals stayed, he's hoping to find some nice bigguns later :]

T R I P S I T