We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Bryan Johnson reversing aging Options

fink
#1 Posted : 6/24/2023 8:11:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

https://youtu.be/NdZHo3xuZvw

Anyone paying attention to this guy? What do you feel about his ethos and vision for his own personal health? I find it fascinating in some ways, worrying in other ways. Certainly I will be paying some attention to the development of this lifeform.
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#2 Posted : 6/24/2023 10:45:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Isn't this the guy that routinely injects his sons blood into himself to look young? Modern day vampires are just as evil as the ancient variety. No thanks. I earned every wrinkle on my face and every gray hair and I'm keeping them. Actually I'm adding more each year...
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

dragonrider
#3 Posted : 6/24/2023 11:50:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Many well known anti-aging chemicals come with a price. And not just financially. There are definately some supplements that seem to be safe. But many of them are not well-tested, and some are even known to increase the risk of cancer.

I also think there is not much known yet about stacking a lot of anti-aging supplements, but i'm guessing that combining a lot of carcinogens may increase the risk even more.

Here are some anti-aging agents that are known to increase the risk of cancer:

Nicotinamide mononucleotide, nicotinamide-adenine dinucleotide, acetylcysteine, glutathione, folic acid, sialic acid, high doses of vitamine A, high doses of vitamine e in the form of alpha-tocopherol, pregnenolone, DHEA, chrondoitin, supplemented copper, supplemented selenium...

And things like sarms or vitamine b12 injections are likely to increase the risk of cancer, but just haven't been tested enough yet.

fink
#4 Posted : 6/25/2023 12:20:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
Isn't this the guy that routinely injects his sons blood into himself to look young? Modern day vampires are just as evil as the ancient variety. No thanks. I earned every wrinkle on my face and every gray hair and I'm keeping them. Actually I'm adding more each year...

I completely agree, that is some of what I mentioned as worrying.

Dragonrider, No doubt about the chemicals. Although this guy is slightly more interesting because he spent a vast fortune on research into the exact requirements of every part of the human body. His main line message is about getting regular and regimented sleep as well as denying the brain the decisions about what the body needs. He claims instead to allow each organ to dictate what the body needs and only ingest that.

I'm sure he also uses other products and the blood thing that Mitakuye mentioned is troublesome. His life would be appalling for me.

But there is more than meets the eye here, a bit of time listening to his words is interesting. The mindset on biology and human life is certainly very rare.

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 6/25/2023 4:50:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

It seems the best "anti-aging" strategy would be more preventative measures rather than retroactive ones, ie, regular and proper exercise, diet, supplementation, and water intake. As well as proper rest, stress management, and mental health adjustments.

I personally also adopt some of the McKenna observation, and mainly eat the same things regularly, doing my best to make sure that it's balanced.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

justB612
#6 Posted : 6/25/2023 8:03:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

On one hand im kinda loving what the guy does because we need more frontiers to understand how human health and longevity works...

His focus is truly a mix of chemicals, as he eats 100 supplements, but most of them are low dose vitamins minderals or quite safe substances, because he is constantly on a 20% calorie deficit diet so he will require additional supplementation...

On another hand, 2 million a year. You spend that to get a 45 year old persons 35 year old heart age one biological year in 2 chronological years? You could probably spend that money, to make thousands of people younger like helping addiction and such.... It's early in the morning but am hoping yall get the meaning here... It's money well spent in some ways, but definitely could help slow down aging on a bigger scale for more people.

As in all things I have tried to learn as much as possible from the situation and have gained a great greaaat respect for sleep through following this guy.

He does a lot of things, and occasionally compromises some. Skipping some workout for a day? Maybe change the diet becuse of something? But he never, ever negotiates with sleep.

Goes to show how important high quality sleep is for us, and I've been not paying enough attention to that, so made some changes for the better Smile

Cheers
A second chance? Huh... I thought I was on my fifth.

dithyramb
#7 Posted : 6/25/2023 8:07:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

While being devoted to an ideal is appreciable, the case seems as an unhealthy obsession and putting too much faith in AI. AI is supposed to be an embodied form of the latest data science and rationality and rational people are expected to give up their own agency to it (Bryan Johnson repeatedly says he gave up his own mind and surrendered himself to AI which "can take much better care of his health than he can" ). But just one rational step ahead of that stance is that reality is much more complex than AI can accurately model and only measuring a certain selection of individual markers is not the way to measure ultimate health or well being. Classic ideology of reductionism and treating the individual as an isolated, insulated biological machine. Still, kudos to him for his discipline. A better inspiration for health and longevity for me is Wim Hof.

I have my own formula for health, well being and longevity:

Proper nutrition with mostly wild harvested powerfoods such as nettle, and also a lot of sprouts

Daily Intermittent fasting and regular 24 or 48 hour fasts

Proper sleep not just in quantity but also in synch with the natural rythms of the earth and the body.

Regular barefoot grounding

Regular Breathwork

Regular cold water exposure

Regular exercise

Regular meditation and prayer

Regular communal sacred plant medicine ceremonies 😉

Being embedded in a long term communal social sphere

Good relations with all people, plants, animals

Being rooted in a certain land

Daily immersion in natural world

Having a lifelong partner

Regular loving sex as a conscious sacred ritual

Last but not least, this is an ideal not to be followed without flexibility: Allowing life.

Quite an ideal. Perhaps not even half of it is totally feasible for anybody... This pursuit nowadays labelled as "anti aging" is an elite endeavor after all. At least it's a list of a lot of key factors to be aware of.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

fink
#8 Posted : 6/25/2023 4:42:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So we all pretty much agree on the easiest one, getting good sleep. I've always had a confrontational relationship with sleep for some reason. I will try to put some work into that list dithy.

The guy Bryan looks like an elf from lord of the rings. I wouldn't enjoy looking like that. Rugged is a characteristic I embrace gratefully!

Voidmatrix
#9 Posted : 6/25/2023 6:10:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

And the elixir of life is water Laughing lots and lots of it.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

dragonrider
#10 Posted : 6/25/2023 8:01:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fink wrote:

The guy Bryan looks like an elf from lord of the rings.

Yes, but not the sexy ones, like legolas or tauriel.

fink
#11 Posted : 6/25/2023 11:16:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Laughing

No, more of a psychopathic dark elf who murders you while being incredibly polite

Palmer Eldritch
#12 Posted : 6/26/2023 4:13:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Would love to see a randomized controlled study with a large sample size showing replicate results across a generalizable population.

But I'm guessing this guy isn't willing to spend that kind of money to prove this works. Just another narcissist focused on improving his own life while pretending his "data" benefit society.
All posts are written from the perspective of Palmer Eldritch, the subject of Philip K Dick's 1965 novel, The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite phi revolving around infinite parallels, Fractals of infinite reality, Each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel! Tell me the true nature of my reality!"

"You gotta chill, man!"