We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pharalis, phalaris brachystachys Options

Lucid_Cognition
#1 Posted : 6/18/2023 3:02:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello forum. I am new Very happy, both to DMT and this forum. I hope that is enough of an excuse for my ignorance.

It's not very easy for me to obtain Mimosa Hostilis , i won't elaborate much but let's just say it's because i read someone in my country not having a good time after ordering them roots...

When it comes to Phalaris grasses, there's plenty of species of them and the more i dig the internet the more confused i become. Every aspect of the whole debate about Pharalis species brings varied opinions and no one seems to agree on anything, as there seems to be none good research about them , nothing to back up any claim. Is there at least someone that can elaborate how it went via their experience?

So to save myself some time i want to specifically ask someone experienced in extractions from these grasses. And has someone tried to grow these grasses after ordering seeds online? That way maybe it's possible to ensure that even if you need incredible amounts of them to get a satisfying amount of DMT, you can dedicate a couple of acres to get tones of them anyway?

So some of the questions no one has a definitive answer to i found were:

1. The NN DMT content in some Pharalis species is either non existent or would require significant amounts of material to extract enough DMT. Now some people said that phalaris brachystachys is promising, so it would be great to see if someone can confirm this
2. Some Pharalis species contain gramine and some other toxic chemicals that can even supposedly cause death (according to one user)

Additional question:
-Is extracting DMT from phalaris, if worth it at all, significantly more costly , less efficient or generally more difficult than from good old MHRB?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Sidisheikh.mehriz
#2 Posted : 6/19/2023 10:44:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The extraction is a very straight forward simple acid/base. Fresh leaves no defatting step needed if using chloroform or dichloromethane. Yeilds have been satisfactory for me with aquatica. Never extracted from it without receiving usable yeild.

I was just lucky to have found a consistent cultivar. phalaris is just as consistent as any other common tryptamines botanical source so long as you aquire the right strain.

It's the cheapest fastest and easiest access to tryptamines for me. Just work with a reliable strain.

dithyramb
#3 Posted : 6/19/2023 1:15:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've worked with 2 brachystachys strains from the local ecosystem. They are both potent and consistent. This species imo is the closest one can get to pure DMT, judging from my subjective experiences and the literature that states that DMT is the only alkaloid or tryptamine in many or most strains.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Lucid_Cognition
#4 Posted : 6/19/2023 8:09:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sidisheikh.mehriz wrote:
The extraction is a very straight forward simple acid/base. Fresh leaves no defatting step needed if using chloroform or dichloromethane. Yeilds have been satisfactory for me with aquatica. Never extracted from it without receiving usable yeild.

I was just lucky to have found a consistent cultivar. phalaris is just as consistent as any other common tryptamines botanical source so long as you aquire the right strain.

It's the cheapest fastest and easiest access to tryptamines for me. Just work with a reliable strain.

And what was the ratio you got? How much DMT per [grams of material of phalaris]

Sidisheikh.mehriz
#5 Posted : 6/20/2023 8:10:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Around 300mg of 5-meo-dmt from 250g fresh leaves. The DMT ratio seemed very low.