We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Are there any tips for being able to hold in vapor? Options

VirginLungs
#1 Posted : 6/9/2023 2:29:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

I have an NN-DMT vape pen, supposedly it's infused MCT oil. As my username might suggest, I have extremely sensitive lungs.

I have tried to vape three times now, and I can inhale for a few seconds, but the longer I inhale, the more it takes away from my holding my breath ability. Seems like I have a hard limit for how long any vape can be in my lungs. The longest I've been able to hold my breath is about 2 seconds.

This most recent time I had taken two small hits (couldn't hold my breath at all on either) and felt the strongest body effects yet. It was kind of scary, and a lot of sensation that came on all at once. Very quickly died down. Had some minor closed eye visuals.

Is there a way to reduce the harshness on my lungs? Like attaching some kind of tube to the mouthpiece, so the vapor is lower temp by the time it reaches my lungs?

Or any techniques for practicing holding the vapor in?

A few years ago I tried try herb vaping with a bubbler topped vape pen, and I could inhale and hold in pretty well, as long as the temp wasn't set too high. It was called the Khan for anyone interested in the reference.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 6/9/2023 3:12:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

The issue may be the MCT oil. Properly vaped DMT isn't harsh.You can separate the dmt and then infuse it in propylene glycol instead.

As for breathing and holding the breath, take a few deep and controlled breaths and be sure to breathe all the way out before inhaling from your device. Will help expand the lungs for a short-term period for the experience.

Having a meditation practice that focuses on breath in various ways as well as breath-work can help expand your lung capacity over time.

Best of luck Smile

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Loveall
#3 Posted : 6/9/2023 11:16:27 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Try inhaling fresh air behind the hit. Instead of,

- Hit the vape for 3 seconds, hold breath

Do this,

- Hit the vape for 3 seconds, keep on inhaling fresh air for a few more seconds, hold breath

Adding fresh air, clears the mouth and throat of vapor and dilutes the vapor in the lungs, making it a lot easier to hold your breath.

It is also possible to adjust DMT e-juice pH to neutral with an organic acid which makes the vape very smooth compared to caustic freebase.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Homo Trypens
#4 Posted : 6/9/2023 6:27:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

In addition to the great advice Voidmatrix and Loveall gave,

your idea of a tube is also not bad. There are commercially available long "drip tips" made of glass - both in straight and in curved variants. They're not terribly expensive, in the 5-10$ range, and they should fit most devices.

VirginLungs
#5 Posted : 6/10/2023 1:02:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks everyone, I think I'll start with the partial hit, full breath dilution thing...seems like the easiest to try first. Also, I checked the drip tips (new phrase for me) and all of them seemed to have a circular meeting point with the vape pen. Mine is a disposable pen, and somewhat rectangular in cross section

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 6/11/2023 2:44:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

VirginLungs wrote:
drip tips (new phrase for me) and all of them seemed to have a circular meeting point with the vape pen. Mine is a disposable pen, and somewhat rectangular in cross section

You could get a mod and this Divine Tribe V4 crucible and bail on your current set up. May be more effective for you.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Dasein
#7 Posted : 6/12/2023 12:20:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would definitely recommend getting divine tribe/crossing. I have a V5 and it works perfect! The vapor is not harsh at all.

But... There are people who are extremely sensitive to DMT vapor, specially people who have never smoked anything at all. I have "administered" DMT to around 40 people so far (as in holding the vape, pressing the button, they just have to inhale and then I set them off on there journey and sit in a corner and meditate) and I've come across 3 people who could not inhale at all. They tried multiple times and ended up coughing their lungs out and had irritation in their lungs and throat for almost about a week afterwards. Also, chain smokers, in my experience, also seem to have more difficulty. Their lung capacity is much smaller and the vapor irritates their lungs more. So all this is to say that while it is true that if you vaporize it right without burning it, the vapor is not harsh at all, but still there are some exceptions. Those people need to find alternative routes of administration.
این جهان با تو خوش است و آن جهان با تو خوش است
این جهان بی‌من مباش و آن جهان بی‌من مرو

ای عیان بی‌من مدان و ای زبان بی‌من مخوان
ای نظر بی‌من مبین و ای روان بی‌من مرو