We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
The irrational feeling of playing a key role Options

fink
#41 Posted : 6/11/2023 7:21:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey CosmicLion. Is it not so that the path of discipline you describe just acts as a reinforcement to the ego that desires to implement it's own flavour of change?

'Look how well I'm living. My ideas are more relevant.'

Does not matter if it's a homeless junkie or a yoga master. No one is special or more relevant than another. It's just easier to convince people to listen to you if you're awesome.
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

CosmicLion
#42 Posted : 6/11/2023 7:25:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fink wrote:
Hey CosmicLion. Is it not so that the path of discipline you describe just acts as a reinforcement to the ego that desires to implement change?

'Look how well I'm living. My ideas are more relevant.'

Does not matter if it's a homeless junkie or a yoga master. No one is special or more relevant than another. It's just easier to convince people to listen to you if you're awesome.

Sure, that can be a huge aspect of it for some individuals, if their goal is to convince others that their ideas are 'valid'...

But that's not what I meant by any of that. I wasn't talking about ways to get clout to be believed. I was implying that one must actually have the fundamental skillsets of putting ideas into action, to, well, put ideas into action. It's not about what others think of what you do, it's about the person themselves actually being able to do more then have an idea.
-Eternally Romping the Astral Savannahlands-

fink
#43 Posted : 6/11/2023 7:34:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ahh, that makes a lot of sense. The idea of swimming across the ocean means nothing without the basic training in not drowning?

Voidmatrix
#44 Posted : 6/11/2023 7:42:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Something I've said for a while: Everyone wants to be special. And in a way, by being the only one of "them" there is, everyone is special. But being special is a novel thing, so if everyone is special, being special is no longer novel, and so, no one is special.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

clearlyone
#45 Posted : 6/11/2023 7:43:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Tomtegubbe wrote:
Related to this is the question that what is the proper ratio of striving vs accepting. When is the right time to act and how much effort you should put into your deeds compared to waiting for the circumstances to be right. In Daoism there is the concept of Wu wei the effortless action. I'm fascinated by the idea but have very superficial understanding of it.

The idea that I could be more and should be more can be debilitating. Still having dreams can lead to change.

Any thoughts appreciated.

I think that finding such a ratio is a moving target. If change is constant, than such a ratio will change, predicated on other changes. I think it's about finding a manner of deep fundamental awareness that allows us to be aware of when to strive and when to accept.

One love

If we see through the deep rooted belief and feeling that we are material individuals - sharing the fate of a body - and see that in our experience (the only reasonable test of reality IMO) that:

0) you are that which is aware of your experience
1) all bodies and the world appear in awareness (awareness doesn’t appear in a world of matter)
2) that the knowing of all things is all there is to those “things” (outside matter is never found - only experiences of knowing that we label matter)
3) the essential nature of awareness is our nature, our self, and it is shared with all beings and all things -it is never coming, going or changing; never threatened

… the play of life unfolds effortlessly (it always does anyway). There are hard times. There is helping work that gets done. But the former investment in the outcome - to improve ‘me’ or save ‘the world’ - doesn’t really register anymore. Your particular expression naturally leads to an appropriate balance, that ratio, on its own.

I think that’s the true meaning of the advice “seek first the kingdom of heaven”

Peace
"Blinded by their own sight, hearing, feeling, and knowing, they don't perceive the radiance of the source. If they could eliminate all conceptual thinking, this source would appear, like the sun rising through the empty sky and illuminating the whole universe." - Huang Po

CosmicLion
#46 Posted : 6/11/2023 7:47:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fink wrote:
The idea of swimming across the ocean means nothing without the basic training in not drowning?

Yea, totally.

Kind of like Bird having people say "i didnt know you were THAT guy"

Related to my original reply... I mean psychedelics are vastly popular, for at least the last 60 years, maybe now more then ever.

Having these thoughts that Bird describes are VERY common among users. It's one of the gifts of psychedelics... Not only being shown how the world could be perfect, but how WE can perfect ourselves. Showing us the full spectrum of possibilities, from how to play our small part, all the way to being 'the one' that changes everything. A lot of people experience this while tripping.

There's a big difference between seeing the possibility of it all, and actually following the path to make those things happen though.

Hence his friends comments... Yes, everyone has these insights and feelings, but you can come down from your drug and think "I had these ideas, I am the chosen one that will change the world" or you can come down and think "Wow, that's incredible, I see the potential in how anyone, even me, could achieve greatness and positive influence. Now what can I do every day to work towards that and make it happen?"

If you have no established habits of ever doing anything, sticking to anything, having discipline, or working towards goals, how are you suddenly going to be the great messiah leader? By just preaching the "ideas" you had tripping that, coincidentally, most everyone also has tripping?

I think that touches on some of the big LSD producers, DMT people, etc on how they put that into action. They didn't see themselves as the messiah, but they saw the POWER the substances have to inspire individuals to want to make changes in their lives and work towards that glorious vision we all have of a better earth. As such they put in the work, discipline, risk and skillsets to create and deliver these substances to the masses to catalyze some change.

But yea, anyone with $10 can get the near EXACT same insights, visions, and self-important feelings... The psychedelics show how you have the POTENTIAL of being, that potential for greatness is in everyone... It's those who can actually navigate it into tangible action that become the true leaders and positive-change catalysts
-Eternally Romping the Astral Savannahlands-

Tomtegubbe
#47 Posted : 6/11/2023 9:46:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I thoroughly enjoy this thread. Psychedelics indeed excel at giving you big ideas but often leave you quite alone afterwards. I have lots of fantasies of doing something big or radical, but none of those ideas have yet convinced me to act. Instead I have done lots of small things to put my own life into order and there's still way to go to point where I'd like to be.

I'm having this fear of settling for a conventional premade life dictated by the society and economics and burying my higher spiritual aspirations that haven't quite taken their form yet.

When taking ayahuasca there is strong urge to do something significant with my life. I recognize that there is strong egocentrism involved, that is not necessarily evil, but it creates suffering with the feeling of lack it carries. Also there is the feeling of power and craving for it.

Maybe my position at the moment is that psychedelics can be a great source of inspiration and empowerment but you need skill, humility and persistance. Also you need to take care of your spiritual path in other ways too so that your purpose is connected with a higher goal and becomes aligned with other similar vectors of intent. That takes patience but when the time is right you have what it takes to act.

I remember having this one psychedelic insight that maybe Jesus was born out of the myriads of messianic seeds that were sown for the mankind but which never sprout. Maybe it is the same seed many experience in their psychedelic trips but very few if any can provide the fertile ground for it to grow. Maybe it's this messianic idea itself that gets into way. Maybe humility is the key, to serve God and submit to him rather than seek the honor to be the high prophet.

PS. Thank you Voidmatrix for your kind words as always.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

ShadedSelf
#48 Posted : 6/11/2023 10:12:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, fink, sounds like evey time you think about coming out of the shell, out into the world, and being like "This is who I am", "I am valid and worth listening to", you kinda expect the world to... almost sounds like punish you for it.

Has that ever happened to you? Have you ever come out of the shell, happy of being who you are, and found that the world told you to keep it to yourself?
What is the sacrifice that the ego would need to accept to leave the shell and make a real change?

fink
#49 Posted : 6/12/2023 12:33:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey Shaded. I'm not explaining what I mean very well, because your questions dont really relate to how I feel about myself on that lower, more personal level. I shall give your questions some thought none the less, just to make sure you are not on to something. Cheers!

bIRD_
#50 Posted : 6/14/2023 10:14:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I can safely say that my issue here is mostly some ego problem. I am embarking on this spiritual journey and im learning that most of this issue comes from missing experience and pent up emotion. Its alot to talk about, but every step i take im more willing to accept without feeling like im special. I mean, everyones special to a degree ofc, but im probably not special special, i dont think im a key person, or say i am, but not like everyone else isnt't one.

PREV123