We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Bad extraction results Options

pois1
#1 Posted : 5/30/2023 3:47:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was speaking to someone who recently did their first extraction following Cybs A/B Salt tek. Using 50g of acacia accuminata root bark

They followed the procedure step for step (at least they believe they did) and the first pull resulted in no crystals after the freeze (14hours at -24degrees in sealed glass container) instead it just resulted in a yellow goo that somewhat resembles THC rosin but still wet. The dish was left to dry/evap under a fan for 2hours.

Can anyone point out what they might have done wrong or a good troubleshooting guide to start with?

Many thanks in advance

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

_Trip_
#2 Posted : 5/30/2023 5:45:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Acuminta is notorious for goo. That goo is DMT, it has likely just formed a dmt polymer. It'll harden to a wax and is perfectly usable.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

pois1
#3 Posted : 5/30/2023 8:17:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cheers for the response man. Is it ā€˜Jim jamā€™ then?
And is there anyway to make it into crystal from here or to pull crystal initially instead? I suggested re-x but my friend doesnā€™t have clean Heptane available in Australia. Iā€™m wondering if naphtha or other solvents could be used for re-x. If anyone has any info itā€™ll be very happily received.

_Trip_
#4 Posted : 5/30/2023 8:59:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Call it whatever you want it's still going to be almost entirely DMT with a tiny bit of 2MTHBC. Check out the acacia analysis thread for more information.

You can try a re-x with boiling naphtha and let it sit undisturbed but it doesn't always work. Regardless the harden wax is perfectly usable. You could also convert it to DMT benzoate and get clean vapable crystals.

Australian naphtha contains high quantities of n-hexane its quite neurotoxic so be careful, use a mask with appropriate filter and good ventilation.

pois1
#5 Posted : 5/30/2023 9:13:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Excellent info mate thank Iā€™ll research into everything youā€™ve said

Would that include Zippo lighter fluid made in the USA? Thatā€™s what my mates considering using instead of the typical Australian ā€˜shelliteā€™ next time

_Trip_
#6 Posted : 5/30/2023 9:19:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You would have to find the SDS and check. It may be a better option health wise but it may cost more too.

pois1
#7 Posted : 6/5/2023 10:01:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Decided Iā€™m very happy with goo now Iā€™ve researched enhanced leaf. But still not happy with my yield. Only pulled about 1.2grams of goo from 250g of bark.

_Trip_ could you point me in the right direction for a tek with the sodium benzoate?

Iā€™m wanting to consider the option of using Xylene. Is this a realistic solution to see what else is left in the soups Iā€™ve already pulled and to pull the rest of the bark I have with it? Bally that itā€™ll just pull everything out of the bark
Is it just used at the same stage youā€™d normally use naphtha in cybs tek?

And do any aussies have any experiences with the big warehouses brand ( the one that sell sausages) of xylene?

Iā€™ve used the search function but couldnā€™t turn up the exact answers to my questions

Thanks guys āœŒļø

_Trip_
#8 Posted : 6/5/2023 12:40:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pois1 wrote:
Decided Iā€™m very happy with goo now Iā€™ve researched enhanced leaf. But still not happy with my yield. Only pulled about 1.2grams of goo from 250g of bark.

Shellite will only get half out, xylene will get the rest. Xylene can't be freeze precipitated it has to be evaporated. (Or for sustainability you can add benzoic acid to form dmt-benzoate). Australian shellite isn't the best to use it can give mixed results (although hot naphtha helps). If you choose to evaporate the xylene it'll be even more oily and will take a long. long time to harden compared to the shelitte.

pois1 wrote:
_Trip_ could you point me in the right direction for a tek with the sodium benzoate?

Do you mean to make benzoic acid from sodium benzoate? It would be better to just buy benzoic if possible which is available in your country.

pois1 wrote:

And do any aussies have any experiences with the big warehouses brand ( the one that sell sausages) of xylene?

You will find xylene there as stated it will work.

pois1
#9 Posted : 6/5/2023 11:29:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks again for all the info _trip_ Very happy

Im going to go with the xylene then!

My plan is to add it to the 'spent soups' and pull it exactly like I would with naptha then leave it to evaporate in a well ventilated place, is this correct?
The 'spent soups' currently have a small layer of naptha left in them that I couldn't extract, is it okay to mix the xylene in on top of this?

I'm also confused what the benzoic acid is for and what it actually does? I've had a look around on here and the net but couldn't find much any. Can you please explain?

_Trip_
#10 Posted : 6/6/2023 12:17:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes that's all correct, pull it as you would naphtha on the old soup.
It'll mix with a little naphtha with no issues.

The benzoic acid will dissolve in the xylene then bind to the dmt to form dmt benzoate. Dmt benzoate isn't soluble in xylene so the crystals crash out and fall to the bottom of the xylene. Crystals can take 24 hours to form. You then decant the xylene and dry the crystals. The used xyelene can be cleaned and reused later. Dmt benzoate is vapeable.

(I have not done this with xylene but I believe others have, I've only done it with limo and it works well).

pois1
#11 Posted : 6/6/2023 12:38:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thatā€™s awesome. Youā€™re a wealth of knowledge man.

When you say vapable is it still smokeable in a bong/pipe with sandwich method?

Also is one pull on each soup enough with the xylene or does it still require multiple like naphtha?
And is it best to heat the soup before pulling with xylene, if so what temp would you recommend?

_Trip_
#12 Posted : 6/6/2023 1:39:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pois1 wrote:
Thatā€™s awesome. Youā€™re a wealth of knowledge man.

When you say vapable is it still smokeable in a bong/pipe with sandwich method?

Also is one pull on each soup enough with the xylene or does it still require multiple like naphtha?
And is it best to heat the soup before pulling with xylene, if so what temp would you recommend?

Yeah sandwich method should work too. You'll need about double the amount (approx) than freebase due to the weight of benzoic acid salt attached to it.

Xylene is very good at pulling, one should be fine. You can always do one more if you haven't gotten the percentage you're happy with. Remember it'll be alot more oily so it is perfect for enhanced leaf or changa (if you have freebase harmala too).

You can use a hot water bath if you want to. The xylene at room temp should pull fine but theoretically it should pull better if warmer. Just no open flames. Like naphtha solvents will hold more alkaloids if hot.