We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT in PG/VG liquid strange effects Options

ildruido
#1 Posted : 5/18/2023 3:23:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello psychonauts!

I've been using dmt wit PG/VG liquid (50/50) for a while in the ratio 1:4.5 (1 part of DMT and 4.5 liquid)
It works great usually and with a couple of hit I can breakthrough without problems.

The issue is that I noticed that after a couple of months the liquid becomes darkish and the effects are weaker and mostly unpleasant; I feel negative mood and I think 'what's wrong with this hit' during the trip.
So it is the third time that I make dmt liquid and every time I have throw away part of the product because I become too scary to take it. With the new batch everything is fine again...

So because I know that with this products the psychological set is critical, I wander if that make sense for you and if someone else has experienced something similar with the e-liquid

Safe travels!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

The Sofa Traveler
#2 Posted : 5/18/2023 4:03:27 PM

Give me a snake otherwise I'll smash a crocodile

Hello ! Have you ever replaced your coil ? If not, do it, it is probably clogged. Liquid turns brown because of charred DMT accumulated around the coil that redissolves in the juice and the taste as well as the effects become weird. Best thing to do is to replace regularly and preventively your coil, take advantage of your clearo being empty to do it, and why not sometimes give it a full clean by disassembling it and letting it soak in hot water (except the coil which must not be in contact with water). Also, if your coil clogs frequently/quickly, maybe your setting is a little to high. Maybe try to lower the watts/power and increase the juice concentration, 1g DMT/4.5ml seems a little bit weak to me. Try something like 1g/3.5ml with lower power setting, so you'll keep same potency with less risks of burning/clogging.
Also, for my part, I got into the habit of not completely filling the clearo and only filling it with what I need for a session. Thus, if I do not use the DMT vape for a while, the DMT juice stays in its storage container, rather than steeping in a clearo with a potentially carbonized coil.
Humanity has invented gods, the reverse remains to be proven.

Loveall
#3 Posted : 5/18/2023 4:20:31 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Try adding 0.35 parts of citric acid or 0.45 parts of lactic acid
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

The Sofa Traveler
#4 Posted : 5/18/2023 4:36:24 PM

ildruido wrote:
So it is the third time that I make dmt liquid and every time I have throw away part of the product because I become too scary to take it. With the new batch everything is fine again...

Why not making smaller batches, so you'll diminish the juice storage time.
Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, my juice batches are usually stored some month before I totally consumed them. The color slightly fades more yellowish/orangish with time but I never felt the weird effects you mention except the times when the coil was clogged (in this case the juice turns brown/dark in the clearo). My last batch lasted 7 month and was as potent from the beginning to the end.
Try to make smaller juice batches AND replace regularly the coil (+ other advices mentionned in my previous post). You could also try Loveall's suggestion. Let us know if things gonna get better... or worse.

ildruido
#5 Posted : 5/18/2023 5:48:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That make sense! Usually I replace the coil every time I make a new batch so 100% is that one!
Thanks @thesofatraveler (why here I cant mention...) I will try this evening with a new coil.

More or less, how many puff you do before replacing the coil?

ildruido
#6 Posted : 5/18/2023 6:00:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Try adding 0.35 parts of citric acid or 0.45 parts of lactic acid

Interesting could you explain better? Adding an acid doesn't sound so exciting, in which way it should improve the liquid?

The Sofa Traveler
#7 Posted : 5/18/2023 7:19:19 PM

ildruido wrote:
More or less, how many puff you do before replacing the coil?

I can't really say about the number of puffs, I clean the clearo every 2/3 months more or less, I replace the coil at this moment anyway, to have a complete new start. For the principle more than by necessity. Or I replace it sooner if the taste starts to be weird and I suspect the coil to be clogged. Anyway I almost sure your problem comes from clogged coil. To prevent it to happen too often maybe adapt your setting, a little bit less power and a more concentrated juice.

nan0tEch
#8 Posted : 7/15/2023 6:45:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

what the reason about the dark colouring would be, don't know, i have it also after a few months.
On my next badge i,m going to do a extra step of washing the spice with water to get rid of most of the traces from the extraction. Hope this would help to stop or slow down the colouring.

my mixture is normally in pg/vg 50/50 and around 1g/2ml spice/liquid in total 3ml and i get 90 puffs out of it. Every new refill is a new coil for me. each puff is a 2 second inhale.

The Sofa Traveler
#9 Posted : 7/15/2023 7:29:38 PM

nan0tEch wrote:
what the reason about the dark colouring would be, don't know, i have it also after a few months.

My guess is that it comes from burnt spice residues. I noticed 2 distinct phenomenons : in any case, over time the d-juice turns yellow (or yellow is more intense) due to - I guess? - oxidation. In addition to that, the juice may also turn brown/dark over the yellowish, which I think comes from overheating the coil and burning the spice partially, the burnt spice residues then probably kind of redissolving in the PG/VG. The d-juices I store in small jars never turned brown/dark, only sometimes those who stagnated for a while in the tank (thus in contact with the coil). It doesn't occur anymore since I set lowered wattage on the mod (usually a little more than half of the recommended power of the coil).