We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How do you cook fresh Acacia root bark? Options

Sidisheikh.mehriz
#1 Posted : 5/17/2023 10:06:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello dear nexians

Seeking advice on how to process fresh acacia acuminate broad leaf root bark for Ayahuasca.

The rootbark was harvested two days ago. I shredded the bark with hand then chopped it some more with a scissor then thrown in the coffee blender to look as in the picture added below

Is this enough processing for cooking with citric acid? It's cooking already but I have doubts of the bark is shredded enough to release it's alkaloid countent into the water.

I have used the trunk bark from the same acuminate for Ayahuasca processed in this same manner and drank it with rue. It was pretty mild. Now am using the root bark and hoping it would contain higher ratio of DMT and betacarbolines.

The tree is at the end of its life already in a plant museum and I was granted permission to harvest from it. There was rain for few days before harvest day and the tree has just finished flowering.

Any one else tried fresh acuminate root bark here? Also can I add egg white to rue tea to eliminate tannins just like with acacia tea?

Last time I drank the trunk bark tea it was so harsh and very high in tannins.
Sidisheikh.mehriz attached the following image(s):
IMG_20230517_200823.jpg (6,665kb) downloaded 38 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Sidisheikh.mehriz
#2 Posted : 5/17/2023 10:49:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is egg white added while the bark is cooking or is it added after cooking to the tea to precipitate tannins?