We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First experience - Light dosage Vaped Options

Hehringa
#1 Posted : 5/9/2023 1:56:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I used dmt for the first time today vaped. Inhalations of 3-4 seconds, spaced out a couple of minutes. I just wanted to test the waters, the first strong effect came with quite an unpleasant unsteady emotional reaction, I even thought ah I remember why I didn't like this feeling now but after the effects subsided I reassessed and thought I'd try a little more and see how it went.

So after a couple more inhalation I had mild visuals, sat on bed just looking at curtains and a book with photographs of natural landscapes/animals. The visuals weren't interesting but I had a very strong awareness/understanding that all of this (world, consciousness) is like a highly personal gift. As well as that a generally euphoric love feeling too.

Another thing that happened was I felt like two lights in the dark were a being looking at me but I still understood they're just computer lights.

Is this what everyone experiences?

A later thought was, how can all this great feeling/understanding relate to the real world where lots of not very nice things go on 🤔

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

fractals4life
#2 Posted : 5/9/2023 12:45:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've yet to venture beyond "I'm still in reality, but it's distorted" territory (10mg freebase vaped direct via e-mesh, or a couple of long tokes on e-juice 600mg dissolved in 2ml in a sub ohm rig ) indoors sat in my comfy chair by the fire or outside with a good view ( vape juice is the most outdoor friendly delivery format IMHO).

I get visuals in the form of everything getting hyper sharp and clear, trees multiplying their branches and becoming impressionistic and moving when there is no wind, patterns forming on grass lawns. Plus occasionally certain things might suddenly get sort of "tagged as Significant" in my awareness, like you mention with the computer lights "looking at you", it's a strange feeling!

Faces can start to emerge and symmetries appear where there are none. But these are fleeting.

You can make the visuals more intense by looking at one area and not moving your eyes, they tend to "develop" over a few seconds and shifting attention will reset things. I find the speed of development a good judge of how far along the trip I am.

I see moving pattern overlays appearing on surfaces, faint at first, reminiscent of south american sacred art. interesting!

Closed eye stuff only becomes brighter and clear during the peak of the low dose trip for me, and will often take the form of geometric patterns and shapes with metallic lustre and checkerboard or motley style patterning in constant motion. Very fractally. I spent a lot of my youth programming fractals and ray tracings of hyper real things so that might influence what I see a bit. But it still feels like I'm looking at things behind my eyes, rather than "being in a room full of geometry".

Low doses certainly feel like they allow you to guide the experience somewhat, like an "imagination enhancer", you can spot something (an effect or feeling) and pay attention to it to enhance it.

I'm an engineer / science type (but with quite a strong arty streak) so maybe the urge to rationalise is strong and I tend to interpret visuals as "looking at" rather than "being in". It also might be why I hesitate to take larger doses so far, though I've fond memories of feeling completely in love with the universe on acid a few decades ago Smile The promise of transportation to "elsewhere" is fascinating and tempting, I will most likely continue upping the dose to see what happens.

Cheers,
frac4

Pandora
#3 Posted : 5/9/2023 2:57:55 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hehringa,

Welcome to the Nexus. Very happy

I think if you linger for awhile and chat with a lot of people you will find that many people have similar and many people have experiences radically different from you. That's just one of the odd nature aspects of DMT.

That sense of presence is also a big feature of the experience. Even when I don't see entities on lower doses I sometimes feel like someone or something is in the empty room with me.

And yes there is a lot of love that seems to be built into it and lessons about gratitude.

Sometimes at higher doses all of this can equal rather mystical or meeting God type experiences. Sometimes not.

Have you ever tried it just relaxing, letting go, surrendering and closing your eyes? I honestly believe this is the key to the experience. Complete surrender and closing eyes. But that's just one woman's opinion.

You have dipped your toe into some tremendously deep waters. I look forward to seeing you around and respect how deep you choose to go.

Again, a warm welcome.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Hehringa
#4 Posted : 5/12/2023 1:49:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Smile