We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Naptha & Xylene Safe Tubing Options

OpeningPandorasBox
#1 Posted : 2/22/2010 5:29:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim has always used wash bottles in reverse function to suck up the solvent off the top but now is working on a larger scale and a wash bottle isnt feasible. What sort of tubing can be used to siphon solvents? Swim assumes that normal tubing would be effected by them.

Also on a similar note what are some other techniques to separate the solvent from the basified water?
OpeningPandorasBox is a fictional character created by a very imaginative but delusional person. Anything posted by OpeningPandorasBox should be considered nothing more than the incoherent ramblings of an imaginary alter ego. Under no circumstances should what is posted be considered true experiences, ideas, or advice. As far as matters of the law are concerned since OpeningPandorasBox only exists outside the realms of physical reality he is under no jurisdiction and no one within the physical world should attempt to recreate or reenact any of his fictional activity.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Nordic
#2 Posted : 2/22/2010 6:06:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've used that green aquarium air pump tubing to extend a syringe, without any obvious signs of degradation. I suppose given enough time it will react. But I just cut a fresh piece for every extraction. I think its made of silicon, its a rubbery green hose, not as hard as the normal clear air tubeing.

Idealy you could also jsut buy a 2 litre seperatory funnel for larger batches...

OpeningPandorasBox
#3 Posted : 2/22/2010 6:51:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i have a small sep funnel but I wouldnt use a large one enough to justify buying one. any other good tricks out there?

I have heard the airline tubing works for naptha but I'm doubtful for xylene.
OpeningPandorasBox is a fictional character created by a very imaginative but delusional person. Anything posted by OpeningPandorasBox should be considered nothing more than the incoherent ramblings of an imaginary alter ego. Under no circumstances should what is posted be considered true experiences, ideas, or advice. As far as matters of the law are concerned since OpeningPandorasBox only exists outside the realms of physical reality he is under no jurisdiction and no one within the physical world should attempt to recreate or reenact any of his fictional activity.

dtabbler
#4 Posted : 2/22/2010 6:16:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pipettes/eye droppers work for me, time consuming though. typically swim pulls with a friend who also enjoys spice and the process to make it, very nice having two eye droppers going at once. Also i see no reason you couldnt find a glass turkey baster somewhere out there?

in addition to that, i think you would be fine using a silicon tubing, use fresh tubing after every pull. any contaminants should be cleaned out after a recrystallization or two anyways!
Who's this SWIM person and when do I get to meet them? They sound friken cool!

OpeningPandorasBox
#5 Posted : 2/22/2010 7:38:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the problem is swim is using a glass vessel that is really too large but is better than using multiple containers like swim did last time. There will be at least a 12" gap from the small opening of the container to the naptha. So swim is thinking some tubing and maybe a long glass tube will be necessary.

Also any ideas on where to get a long small diameter glass tube? haha