We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ayahuasca Prep Became My Reason to Register After Lurking Options

chromatic_comet
#1 Posted : 5/8/2023 4:49:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello all,

I am a newbie psychonaut, trying to switch to traditional entheogenic substances as my substances of choice. For now, my substance of choice has been dextromethorphan combined with diphenhydramine (also known as counterflipping), which is used a lot by teenagers, although I myself am in my late 20s.

I have also went to 3 Ayahuasca ceremonies in the same church in a city.

Now, I am trying to prepare Ayahuasca at home with Mimosa Hostilis Bark Root powdered and Syrian Rue seed extract, and I am having a hard time getting any psychoactive effects.

Thanks for anyone reading and if you could give some tips (I already asked ton of questions to ChatGPT and also read some recipes here on the forum) I'd be pleased. Also, could give more details if asked.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Tomtegubbe
#2 Posted : 5/8/2023 9:10:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You can check the recipe "very easy pharmahuasca" at my signature. Key is to have the harmalas active in your system when taking the DMT containing plant. Time window to consume the DMT is about 45 min to 1 h 15 min after ingestion of the harmalas. Depending on the method the come up can be faster. You should be able to feel the effects of the harmalas although they are subtle.

I recommend you to take just a little mimosa hostilis root bark (say 1 g) if you are not accustomed to it's effects. It will probably still be quite a ride.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Pandora
#3 Posted : 5/8/2023 11:42:50 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

chromatic_comet,

Welcome to the Nexus.

That counterflipping combo sounds kind of nasty to me. Robotripping plus a sedating, uber dry mouth antihistamine? Ugg, so glad you are migrating towards plant medicine.

I am sure you will get lots of good brewing advice. I am no expert but yep inhibition needs to be fully active before dosing DMT. If you want to be extra sure, you can dose MAOI, wait for an alert then dose DMT with more MAOI.

And yes, start low once it works and titrate up to a sweet spot over time.

I hope you find success and again want to welcome you.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU