We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
[Participants Needed] a Psychedelic Vision x Artificial Neural Networks Study Options

naqkvay
#1 Posted : 5/6/2023 11:00:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

We invite You to participate in a study that explores the capability of artificial neural networks to model psychedelic experiences. More precisely, we explore how well the inner activity of computer vision models captures the (closed- or open-eye) visuals experienced under the influence of classical psychedelic substances, such as DMT, LSD, mescaline, or psilocybin.

We invite everyone who has at least one experience with a classical psychedelic to participate in the study! Filling out the questionnaire takes about 20 minutes, no personally identifiable information (PII) is gathered.

You can find the survey here: https://forms.gle/eQ9VBbhCubJmbe9R6.

The study is conducted in the Computer Science and Psychology Institutes of University of Tartu, Estonia.

Thanks in advance! Every participant is greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment or write to me, if you're interested to hear about the results as well.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 8/31/2023 10:05:28 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

This one seems to have slipped beneath the radar, at least in terms of direct responses here.

Have any Nexus members taken this survey?

naqkvay: the survey is apparently still active - how long will this remain the case? When do you anticipate being able to publish the results, and what do you envisage doing with them subsequently? Do you think there are other aspects of the psychedelic experience that can be modelled? If not, why not?

And finally, what attracted you to the topic in the first place? How strong would you say the presence of psychedelics is in Estonian culture? What are the prevalent attitudes towards them in Estonia?

Hope you see this reply, we'd be fascinated to hear more - thanks for sharing, and (a rather belated) welcome to the Nexus!

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Above the Sky
#3 Posted : 12/29/2023 4:51:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aww, looks like I'm too late to participate. The survey is closed. I'd love to see the results, though. Please share them here when convenient.

In my limited experience, machine-generated images sometimes come close to visuals caused by LSD, 4-Aco-DMT and especially ketamine (not a classic psychedelic, but the one most closely approximated by these images IMO) but I have never seen an artificially generated image that comes close to my DMT or mushroom visuals.

I also second downwardsfromzero's questions, especially about other aspects of the psychedelic experience that can be modeled. I've never done DiPT, which is allegedly the auditory equivalent of other classical psychedelics' visual hallucinations, but there are auditory distortions inherent to other psychedelics which I feel are well simulated by certain kinds of electronic music. Aspects such as the headspace are of course a lot more difficult to reproduce directly in any physical sort of medium.

What have you learned from this survey, and did the results surprise you in any way? Were replies more or less uniform than you expected them to be?
All content posted by this account refers to my fictional alter-ego who doesn't exist in this or any other documented reality. However, they are all written in the first person because ma English no be too good and conjugation is being very hard to me.

Both my alter ego and I love you very much. And yes, I specifically mean you, who are reading this right now. You deserve all this love and much more.