We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Trouble assimilating to "waking life"? Options

cranialcandy
#1 Posted : 2/22/2010 3:56:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I must start by saying that I had a wonderfully fantastic and positive first experience. After meeting my vision of mother earth in all her colorful glowing goodness, I was jetted back to this conciseness crying to the awe and beauty of what I had just witnessed.

But how to take it all in?

I've been thinking constantly about this medicine, about the huge implications it has, and how it has really shifted my perception of reality. Going back to the daily grind... has been harder than ever. I just can't stop thinking about this beautiful new found force, I find myself unconsciously asking the entity that I met for advise. She wants me to be positive and take what I learned into this life, but I've found the transition difficult. My mind is just swarmed with infinite questions. I know it will get easier with time, and that I will continue to grow, but I'm really just curious if others have found the "awakening" to be something of a challenge?
cranialcandy is a fictional character who likes to partake in fictional activities.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

۩
#2 Posted : 2/22/2010 4:01:35 AM

That's up to you to figure out.

I'm a deep traveler who cannot get his mind off of hyperspace. Ever.

It's truly changed everything.

Sometimes I find the implications I've bared witness to to be absolutely menacing and I feel insane,
while other times I'm eternally grateful for this tremendously bizarre divinity.
It's a balance, it seems.

all in all it makes me want to raise peoples' awareness and help them experience it for themselves,
as well as be the best and most loving person I can be,
but when you really think deeply about what's actually happening here...
it gets weird...

I wrote a lot about what I've experienced after some time working with the neurotransmission in my latest report in the experiences section if you're interested.

I think we're all offering a unique piece to this puzzle with everything we bring back, and everyone seems to have a different perspective...almost...

As for daily life...wow...what an experiment!

Bill Cipher
#3 Posted : 2/22/2010 4:39:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What he said.

I guess you're thinking right about now that you should have taken the blue pill...

As for me? I'm forever haunted by where I've been. But I wouldn't go back if I could.

FYI: If you choose to continue on, it only gets weirder as you go.

۩
#4 Posted : 2/22/2010 4:41:28 AM

Uncle Knucles wrote:

As for me? I'm forever haunted by where I've been. But I wouldn't go back if I could.

Exactly.

Felnik
#5 Posted : 2/22/2010 4:57:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think it gets better the more you work with it. At first I remember that feeling of trying to figure it all out. just being up against so many questions. Each time more questions. Trying to come up with theories to explain what was happening. It seems that over time it gets easier to manage as you develop your personal relationship with this stuff.
A day does not go by when i don't think about it on some level, Specifically things like what does it mean for me? what does it mean for humanity at large? its an endless source of wonderment and seems to tie into all aspects of the human experience. It seems to be about making connections with all things. I have tried to approach it like playing an instrument. The intricacies reveal themselves with consistent committed practice it seems. I recommend trying to draw positive energy from it in your daily life. Just the fact that things are not as they seem in our normal reality plain is huge piece of mind for me. I draw energy from my past experiences daily, I'm stronger in my life because of it. I would safely say it is the ultimate in TRUE perspective. I think it is possible to adapt to having your entire perception of reality pulled out from under you. But it takes a little time.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Citta
#6 Posted : 2/22/2010 10:50:38 AM

Skepdick

Getting involved with psychedelics, but maybe DMT in particular, gets you into nearly impossible questions and revolutionary new experiences you had no idea were possible to have as a human being. Difficulties related to this in the time after life changing experiences is a part of the game you signed yourself to participate in. But it is nothing to be afraid of, as you have understood yourself. And in time it will calm down, though these changes and these questions that may or may not have arised in your mind will probably stay open for a very long time, maybe for the rest of your life to some extent. Write, make music, meditate, talk about your experiences. Read about other experiences, read here on the nexus. You are not alone, that's for sure =)

If you choose to continue it will as already said here get a lot crazier and a lot more fantastic. The deeper you go the bigger it gets. And yes, I think many of us here have found ourselves involved in impossible and difficult thought-experiments following our exploration of these entheogens. This seems to be as much a part of it all as the experiences itself.

May peace and love find your being

camakazi
#7 Posted : 2/22/2010 1:23:48 PM

RUN DMT

I'd say just remember how infinitely strange, amazing and beautiful this reality can be as well. There are questions waiting to be answered wherever you look.
I find myself in a city street absolutely crammed with people and I'm the only one with my eyes fixed on the sky watching a flock of birds do the most incredeble airobatic stunts, no one else is looking... so the show must be for me and me alone. Life and Hyperspace are both equally humbling to me, full of mystery and wonder.

Peace!
"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

The playful ballad of the sacred salad.

Spicegnosis
#8 Posted : 2/22/2010 3:08:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello cranialcandy

I understand where you're coming from,life irreversibly changed for me on that day,the first time I vaporised DMT,and not a day has gone by since then when it isn't in my thoughts.

Having lived our lives unaware of what profound realities exist,and then having them abruptly revealed to us can be overwhelming.

I'd advise to not rush things,go at your own pace,take time to contemplate,integrate.

The more I travel this path,the more I become amazed by this wonderful incredulous existence.

To me this has been the real breakthrough,aware that I'm actually here,awake in the dream.

To relish the moment.

Welcome to the nexus,welcome to life.

Take care,Spicegnosis.

Entheogens,the original human rites

inner
#9 Posted : 2/22/2010 3:17:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Exactly!!! Nothing will be the same once you have broken through. Its the most amazing experience and on the flip side most challenging. Its presence is always there for me as well. Its there when I brush my teeth, eat dinner, go to work, read books, and watch tv etc... It is sort of a curse. A good curse, but that sounds like such a oxymoron doesn't it? I would not have it any other way.
That was the most amazing...what was I talking about?

cranialcandy
#10 Posted : 2/22/2010 8:10:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mmmm hearing all of these perspectives is awesome. Thanks for sharing. I really am loving it, no pain no gain right? I guess I'm just getting acclimated to this freshly washed soul of mine... it really has felt like getting a cosmic bitch slap, as some of you have described it. The emotions rise and fall, from one moment to the next, at times I'm extremely grateful for this new found perspective while at others I want to just brush it off as a damn crazy trip.

I've just been reading everything that I can on the topic, and having as many discussions as possible. The one part of the experience I have found to be certain is that it's extremely powerful and deserves respect. I'm learning everyday and can't wait to learn more more moreeeee

And in all truth, I'm happy that it shook me so deep, it's just making me that much stronger.

Uncle Knucles wrote:
What he said.

I guess you're thinking right about now that you should have taken the blue pill...

NO way man! The red pill is delicious, it's just been a bit of a bitch to swallow Pleased

Hey camakazi what a wonderful point! Today was a lovely day and I actually got to spend some time in nature (stupid winter). It was super fantastic and left me feelin reallll goooood....
cranialcandy is a fictional character who likes to partake in fictional activities.

gammagore
#11 Posted : 2/22/2010 9:17:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

camakazi wrote:
I'd say just remember how infinitely strange, amazing and beautiful this reality can be as well. There are questions waiting to be answered wherever you look.
I find myself in a city street absolutely crammed with people and I'm the only one with my eyes fixed on the sky watching a flock of birds do the most incredeble airobatic stunts, no one else is looking... so the show must be for me and me alone. Life and Hyperspace are both equally humbling to me, full of mystery and wonder.

Peace!

I'm there too bro.

#12 Posted : 2/22/2010 11:15:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It can be a life-changing experience. The whole world looks new when you get back, and sometimes that's difficult - a lot of things I thought were important before now seem trivial. But having learned to let go In There, its easier to let go Out Here. Hang on to the joy and the wonder!

Safe travels!
"at journey's end, we must begin again"

joebono
#13 Posted : 2/22/2010 11:39:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Entering the world of the psychedelic experience can have dramatic consequences for the sober mind. When I would trip as a teen, I never once suspected the real power of these molecules. I thought they were just another drug, like weed or beer and I would wander the streets of Manhattan or go to amusement parks while tripping - they were just fun. There was really no hint to their transformative nature. As an adult I take these molecules for a whole different purpose. They allow me to think clearer, to consider my life from a broader perspective. If my normal mind would simply walk on the sidewalk, psychedelics allow me to cross the street and enter buildings, they encourage my mind to go everywhere at once. These psychedelic exercises dare me to stretch my imagination and they train me to become a free thinking individual.

Keep in mind, I am talking about pharmahuasca, shrooms, cactus, and seeds. I still haven't figured out how to integrate the smoked DMT breakthrough. I have had three of those experiences and they were just so bizarre and frightening that I am hesitant to go back anytime soon.

Xenogears
#14 Posted : 2/23/2010 1:20:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think I am somewhat in the same position as you now, trying to figure out how to assimilate it into my life...

Lately though I have been noticing the spice seems to change me almost unwittingly!

Lately I have been having thoughts and doing things for people I really never did. And every time I think about if the spice was the catalyst for the change.

Its like just having those experiences is hippifying me Very happy

Xenogears
#15 Posted : 2/23/2010 1:36:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

88 wrote:
It can be a life-changing experience. The whole world looks new when you get back, and sometimes that's difficult - a lot of things I thought were important before now seem trivial. But having learned to let go In There, its easier to let go Out Here. Hang on to the joy and the wonder!

Safe travels!

You are so right!! so many things people care so much about look trivial.

For example I chilled with a friend who I used to do hard drugs with a long time ago for the first time in a while. Just to catch up with an old friend, see how he was doing... We quit drugs at the same time. He went to rehab for a year to quit, I did it myself and psychedelics helped greatly.

He got off drugs and was doing alot better, and I tried to tell him about the spice and how it has helped me in life, but he just wanted to go do opiates again!!

I was just like dude you don't even get it, I am not gonna just sacrifice everything I worked hard to accomplish in the last 6 months and what I have learned from psychedelics for some shitty body high, when DMT can give you the most beautiful experience in the entire world, leaving you completely fulfilled (not fiending out) when it is over.

Then later on he starts mentioning he wants to do steroids and that just blew my mind. I just couldn't relate on any level whatsoever why anyone would wanna do that to yourself. First of all lookin like Anold back in the day is not all that cool. Second that crap is not very good for you supposedly. So this guy wants to sacrifice his body so he can "look good" while hes juicing. Everything about society blows my mind now, people all seem crazy as hell.

Another time I was hanging with this 19 year old chick, and she was pissed as hell because we went to a show together and her fake ID got taken away. On the way back this girl had the worst attitude I have ever seen. She said "The bouncer was just mad because he could never get girls like ME in high school". I just shook my head thinking, do you even know how conceited you are? I just wanted to shove some shrooms in her mouth and say you wanted to drink at a psychedelic show?! chill out!!

That is another way psychedelics changed me. I just can't find a girl I like for the life of me, it seems I can never relate to them and then just drift away. I prefer dating girls I find attractive, and most of them don't seem to understand any of my thoughts. I can't put up with one of those girls that everything is all about them when you date them anymore, because Ill just say whats on my mind and upset them. You know the ones, they try to control the relationship down to your thoughts lol.

But I just keep trucking and doing what I have to do, and I try to pass on what I have learned to other people to do my part in this whole thing..