We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
HIELO Explained Options

Catfish John
#1 Posted : 4/22/2023 3:32:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey All Big grin First off, I need to give kudos to Loveall for being an intellectual heavyweight and figuring this TEK out. I wanted to try it out but I'm new to learning about extractions and I wasn't confident. The TEK was brilliant and easy to follow but I didn't understand the 'why' of each step.

So to help myself gain a better understanding I put together this list that summarizes the steps and why you are adding x chemical to y chemical. I'm not a chemical expert and I encourage readers to be critical and point out mistakes I may have made. This list is based on using 100g of MHRB. Thanks again Loveall and I hope everyone finds this as helpful as I did.

1. Mix 150g water with 25g calcium hydroxide in a french press. The calcium hydroxide (also known as lime) serves as an alkaline agent that helps to break down the plant material and release the DMT from the bark. Alkaline agents, such as calcium hydroxide Ca(OH)2 help to separate DMT from plant material by converting the DMT molecule into its freebase form, which is more soluble in nonpolar solvents.

The DMT molecule in its natural form in the plant material is usually found in the form of DMT salts, which are water-soluble and cannot be easily extracted with nonpolar solvents. By adding an alkaline agent to the plant material, the DMT molecule is deprotonated (loses a hydrogen ion), converting it into the freebase form, which is insoluble in water and soluble in nonpolar solvents.

2. Mix in 100g MHRB powder to form a wet stiff consistency. Add water if necessary.

3. Cover paste with around 200g ethyl acetate and stir for 10 minutes. Make sure to stir lightly. Rest for 2 minutes. Ethyl acetate is a solvent commonly used to extract organic compounds from plant material. When mixed together, the ethyl acetate will extract the DMT from the MHRB, resulting in a DMT-containing extract.

4. Decant into a quart mason jar with a paper coffee filter. Squeeze lightly to accelerate decanting. Decanting is a process of separating a liquid from a mixture of solid and liquid. It involves pouring the liquid into another container, leaving behind the solid or sediment at the bottom.

5. Repeat extraction with around 125g of ethyl acetate until extraction jar is full (around 5 or 6 pulls).

6. Chemically dry extract with 50g of calcium chloride CaCl2. Give it a few hours to absorb all the water. Calcium chloride has a strong affinity for water molecules and can easily absorb moisture from the air. When added to an extract, calcium chloride will quickly absorb any water molecules present in the extract, leaving behind a dry and more concentrated product.

7. Weigh an empty jar with a scale that has 0.1 resolution. Decant dry ethyl acetate into a jar through a paper coffee filter. The extract needs to be clear, particle free and without water droplets.

8. Stir in 5g citric acid and 1 tsp water. Extract should cloud. Leave undisturbed for 3 days. When you mix a DMT ethyl acetate solvent with citric acid, the DMT freebase can be converted to its citrate salt form. Citric acid is a weak organic acid that can be used to acidify the DMT solution, lowering its pH and facilitating the conversion of DMT freebase to its citrate salt form.

9. Decant solvent leaving the DMT citrate honey behind. Rinse twice with around 50ml ethyl acetate. Allow to air dry until ethyl acetate smell is not present. One day is recommended. Rinsing with ethyl acetate can be used to remove impurities or contaminants from the extracted DMT solution.

10. Measure jar weight and calculate honey weight.

11. Add 1.3g x honey weight of 50/50 PG/VG to jar and dissolve over a hot water bath.

If the list I posted is accurate I was thinking about turning into a document so anyone interested could print the document and have it as a reference during the extraction. I look forward to any feedback!! Thanks everyone, love you all!!! Love

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Loveall
#2 Posted : 5/5/2023 4:14:14 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Hi, somehow I missed this post.

Yes, your info is accurate. I would say that calcium hydroxide (lime) is a lot more gentler than sodium hydroxide (lye). Ethyl acetate and limonene have some bark penetrating power and work well with lime pastes. On the other hand, naphtha needs the help of lye to get to the dmt well.

Glad you liked the TEK. How was the e-juice? I think I'm gonna change the recomended ratio to 70/30 PG/GV since it flows a little better in my opinion.

A separate confirmation of it working is great. Would be good to get mass spec also.

I think this is the laziest and most convenient way to make a good/safe dmt salt e-juice.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Catfish John
#3 Posted : 5/11/2023 12:10:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Loveall!

Thanks for the response Smile The e-juice is fantastic!! This was my first and only extraction and I could not have been happier with the results. My yield was a little less than I expected but the juice works great. The hits were smooth and I was able to breakthrough with the help of sublingual harmalas. I didn't notice any issues with flow but I will try the 70/30 ratio out during my next batch and let you know how it goes! Thanks again Loveall! Big grin

Loveall
#4 Posted : 5/11/2023 1:10:24 PM

❤️‍🔥

Catfish John wrote:
Hey Loveall!

Thanks for the response Smile The e-juice is fantastic!! This was my first and only extraction and I could not have been happier with the results. My yield was a little less than I expected but the juice works great. The hits were smooth and I was able to breakthrough with the help of sublingual harmalas. I didn't notice any issues with flow but I will try the 70/30 ratio out during my next batch and let you know how it goes! Thanks again Loveall! Big grin

Good to hear. You call always try more pulls of the bark paste if you have it around. Cheers.

I may update the TEK to do a cold fridge rest/decant instead of the CaCl2 dry (copying CIELO). It is less chems. used. Semmes to work well so far.

shroombee
#5 Posted : 12/19/2023 3:05:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
I may update the TEK to do a cold fridge rest/decant instead of the CaCl2 dry (copying CIELO). It is less chems. used. Semmes to work well so far.

Loveall, what's your latest thoughts on using CaCl2 versus fridge rest for HIELO?

Loveall
#6 Posted : 12/19/2023 4:42:16 PM

❤️‍🔥

shroombee wrote:
Loveall wrote:

Loveall, what's your latest thoughts on using CaCl2 versus fridge rest for HIELO?

Edit: not sure, more tests are needed.