We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
A small dose of DMT silences the mind? Options

meino
#1 Posted : 4/19/2023 2:29:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My life is defined by trauma and fear. So far I have not been able to perceive the effects of DMT. This was either due to lack of potency or burning of dmt. But one thing I always noticed immediately after smoking peace, zen. One exists only the thoughts are silent. But not as weird like on benzos. This is how I imagine the state that is always considered desirable in Budhism. Have you also had such experiences?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 4/19/2023 4:08:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Interesting. I wonder how much direction and intent play a role in this. Generally when I'm low dosing, I think a lot, moderately about hard or triggering things because I feel it allows me the bredth to stay stable and balanced while interacting with said thoughts and topics. It becomes a problem solving tool.

Not to say that it doesn't also just give me the space to be, just more often I experience the above stated.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

monomind
#3 Posted : 4/19/2023 4:30:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a similar effects with harmalas+dmt. Its the most peaceful silence I ever experienced, and i find it has an healing effect. Focusing on the breath... and even when things get crazy there is an unmovable center of being that remains silent.
You should look into harmala ( lots of information in the forum )

shroombee
#4 Posted : 4/19/2023 9:55:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A couple years ago I would do a mini-dose of harmine (~150 mg) plus oral DMT (~30 mg) every weekend to get familiar with how it feels to have a mostly quiet mind.

After a few months I stopped the practice - feeling that I was ready to take the training wheels off. And it would be better in the long run to quiet my mind through my own intention rather than using the DMT for help.

I still have mind-noise, although I'm more aware of it and overall it is much quieter than before. I woke up today and noticed there was very little self-talk. And yes @monomind, taking a conscious breath immediately stops the noise, replaced with a sense of calm and relief.

Note that harmine+DMT can boost the mind-noise just as much as quieting it. There needs to be some intent to choose silence rather than self-talk.

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 4/19/2023 10:22:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

shroombee wrote:
A couple years ago I would do a mini-dose of harmine (~150 mg) plus oral DMT (~30 mg) every weekend to get familiar with how it feels to have a mostly quiet mind.

After a few months I stopped the practice - feeling that I was ready to take the training wheels off. And it would be better in the long run to quiet my mind through my own intention rather than using the DMT for help.

I still have mind-noise, although I'm more aware of it and overall it is much quieter than before. I woke up today and noticed there was very little self-talk. And yes @monomind, taking a conscious breath immediately stops the noise, replaced with a sense of calm and relief.

Note that harmine+DMT can boost the mind-noise just as much as quieting it. There needs to be some intent to choose silence rather than self-talk.

Thank you for this. It's subjectively ironic for me since I was debating if I was going to use changa for my meditation or do so sober. I've opted for sober. I like practicing in various states.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

shroombee
#6 Posted : 4/20/2023 7:15:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Thank you for this. It's subjectively ironic for me since I was debating if I was going to use changa for my meditation or do so sober. I've opted for sober. I like practicing in various states.

You're welcome!

BTW, I forgot to mention... the first 30-45 minutes after the DMT takes effects are, as expected, a fireworks show in the mind.

Once the show is over, the choice of silence or self-talk is continually made. I can hold silence in my mind or allow the voices to take control. Both states of mind seem more prominent or obvious than in the non-DMT state. In other words, I'm more aware of either a lot of mind-noise or my choice to shut it all down.

Voidmatrix
#7 Posted : 4/20/2023 11:48:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

shroombee wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

You're welcome!

BTW, I forgot to mention... the first 30-45 minutes after the DMT takes effects are, as expected, a fireworks show in the mind.

Once the show is over, the choice of silence or self-talk is continually made. I can hold silence in my mind or allow the voices to take control. Both states of mind seem more prominent or obvious than in the non-DMT state. In other words, I'm more aware of either a lot of mind-noise or my choice to shut it all down.

Have been working on my meditation practice for almost 20 years, about 12 consistent and I'm no where near such control Laughing albeit I've explored this very much on my own without any guidance or direction. But that also means without consistent intent, which you mentioned above. Limits on confidence and inner faith play their role as well. And I have no regrets about it, just something interesting for me to notice.

One love

dithyramb
#8 Posted : 4/20/2023 2:10:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

IME all psychedelics have a basic silencing of the mind effect. However the one that specializes in this seems to be salvia. Low dose salvia for aiding in meditation is a thing. Very healing.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Voidmatrix
#9 Posted : 4/20/2023 2:34:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dithyramb wrote:
IME all psychedelics have a basic silencing of the mind effect. However the one that specializes in this seems to be salvia. Low dose salvia for aiding in meditation is a thing. Very healing.

Thank you. I found an impetus to get me back to Salvia Laughing

I've been meaning to try sublingual bufo, but have yet to have time. I'll report back if I feel any amount aids in the topic of discussion.

One love

Jees
#10 Posted : 4/20/2023 3:27:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've also found it having a zen-factor, definitely.
And a frantic factor.
And all in between.

I've noticed (sometimes) it is 'me' storming in that space with a boatload of this-and-thats as if it's me polluting the zen garden. That place, in itself, was actually nothing asking from me, nothing bringing onto the table, nothing weighting on me, it was just. And only me having a hard time co-axing with that, with all this kind of worldly and facet-eously stuff that clings onto me. As if I could not shut the f*ck up in that endless 'library silence'.

It led me several times to the lesson that it is out there the most quiet and peaceful place imaginable, but could be turned on into a frantic circus just as well. But in it's ground state, it is zen.
This realization helped me often to go in. To know it is a safe heaven pur-sang, only to be uproared by myself, my state, my active elements. A very helpful thought premise.

igorcarajo
#11 Posted : 4/21/2023 7:34:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

dithyramb wrote:

What’s your protocol for this low-dose salvia? I’m assuming you’re talking about salvia divinorum? Not sure if there are other “salvia” species. What’s your method of administration, dose, etc? Thanks in advance.

Voidmatrix
#12 Posted : 4/21/2023 9:37:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would like to thank everyone for their shared information here. It's been something that has helped me accept even more my struggle with deeper psychedelic experiences, furthering an understanding that I've simply "lost my way," and that perhaps there's even more pertinent work to be done where I am.

Thank you

One love

Pandora
#13 Posted : 4/21/2023 11:22:57 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

My mind is anywhere from scattered to split up in the low dose DMT state but the aftermath, lasting from hours to days is almost always marked by a quietness of mind, a calmness of spirit and an easier focus on breath.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

shroombee
#14 Posted : 4/22/2023 2:27:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
shroombee wrote:

Have been working on my meditation practice for almost 20 years, about 12 consistent and I'm no where near such control Laughing albeit I've explored this very much on my own without any guidance or direction. But that also means without consistent intent, which you mentioned above. Limits on confidence and inner faith play their role as well. And I have no regrets about it, just something interesting for me to notice.

The silence is not a perfect still space that is just "there" for me to passively enjoy. I actively keep the noise out by being intensely present. Self-talk will try to creep in and that's my cue to refocus on the present moment. I can usually cut the self-talk off within 2-3 words of it starting. Or if I get distracted the self-talk will grow into a hurricane of internal dialog.

The DMT afterglow seems to make the quiet more intensely still, and the internal dialog more frantic too. So the DMT can either be a help or hinderance.

dithyramb
#15 Posted : 4/22/2023 9:28:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

igorcarajo wrote:
dithyramb wrote:

What’s your protocol for this low-dose salvia? I’m assuming you’re talking about salvia divinorum? Not sure if there are other “salvia” species. What’s your method of administration, dose, etc? Thanks in advance.

For subtle approach to salvia divinorum, Christopher Solomon is a good source.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1110634#post1110634

I personally work with a local endemic salvia species orally. It's not possible to transfer this practice outside my specific sphere.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Jees
#16 Posted : 4/22/2023 6:38:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
I would like to thank everyone for their shared information here. It's been something that has helped me accept even more my struggle with deeper psychedelic experiences, furthering an understanding that I've simply "lost my way," and that perhaps there's even more pertinent work to be done where I am.

Thank you

One love
Very seldom I've had the silenced garden right of the bat, it's hard to steer it that way intentionally in the ramping-up at will. If the startup is wild, it's wild.

Later, the wild can potentially transfer into a more zen, typically when the moment arises to achieve some steer-ability. When is that moment ime? Exactly as shroombee stated: ".. I can usually cut the self-talk off within 2-3 words of it starting..." . This is very well worded. And 5 sek later can't even remember what that thought was.
Shooting thoughts down, sort of. Pleased

PS: mostly doing oral ROA.

monomind
#17 Posted : 4/23/2023 10:56:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dithyramb wrote:
igorcarajo wrote:
dithyramb wrote:

For subtle approach to salvia divinorum, Christopher Solomon is a good source.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1110634#post1110634

I personally work with a local endemic salvia species orally. It's not possible to transfer this practice outside my specific sphere.

The video you referenced is not available anymore, unfortunately. I am also very interested in this subject. Low dose Salvia is great for meditation. I do 2-3g sublingual (crushed and mixed with some vinegar and glycerin... took the idea from anther post here) and after 30 minutes starts smoking or vaping low doses to get deeper into the space. Salvia is an amazing plant.

dithyramb
#18 Posted : 4/23/2023 3:31:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh I see. Well I found this now from a podcast that I really appreciate (adventures through the mind). I don't know if there is a lot of talk about meditation but it's got to be good regardless.

https://youtu.be/L9e7HJmT6jU

~ Pablo Amaringo

Voidmatrix
#19 Posted : 4/23/2023 9:44:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

shroombee wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:
shroombee wrote:

The silence is not a perfect still space that is just "there" for me to passively enjoy. I actively keep the noise out by being intensely present. Self-talk will try to creep in and that's my cue to refocus on the present moment. I can usually cut the self-talk off within 2-3 words of it starting. Or if I get distracted the self-talk will grow into a hurricane of internal dialog.

The DMT afterglow seems to make the quiet more intensely still, and the internal dialog more frantic too. So the DMT can either be a help or hinderance.

Jees wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

Thank you

One love
Very seldom I've had the silenced garden right of the bat, it's hard to steer it that way intentionally in the ramping-up at will. If the startup is wild, it's wild.

Later, the wild can potentially transfer into a more zen, typically when the moment arises to achieve some steer-ability. When is that moment ime? Exactly as shroombee stated: ".. I can usually cut the self-talk off within 2-3 words of it starting..." . This is very well worded. And 5 sek later can't even remember what that thought was.
Shooting thoughts down, sort of. Pleased

PS: mostly doing oral ROA.

Thank you both again, not sure how or why now, but this discussion has allowed me to shed some of what's unnecessary and drop rocks. I've also been trying to practice this more actively outside the meditation space... it's interesting how much assistance a little faith of self can give...

One love

ShadedSelf
#20 Posted : 4/24/2023 11:04:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is certantly something that psychedelics do.
In my experience psychedelics seem to fail to make any sort of long lasting effect in this regard though, learning to silence the mind while sober is the way to go.

I am also experimenting with fasting, given the conscious will to rid both the body and mind of that which they have in excess.

12NEXT