We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Deciding on a DMT extraction Tek for my first time Options

Madhattress
#1 Posted : 4/18/2023 3:46:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Everyone,

So after doing many mescaline extractions (once Kash's AB) and the rest Cielo, I feel a little more confident to try my hand at doing a DMT extraction.

My plan is to do this together with a friend who is also very interested in extraction teks. We are planning on starting with around 300grams of MHRB for our first time before attempting anything larger.

So my problem is that I am struggling to decide on which Tek to do , from ones I have read in the WIKI and thought I would ask your advise on which tek would be more beginner'ish friendly but also to get the most out of our bark?

The reason i am asking advise on which tek is mainly because I remember when i asked about doing Mescaline extractions for the first time, i was insistent on doing the AB extraction (which i did with success, just much more work) but was advised by everyone to do the Cielo instead. Only after I did the AB did i try my hand at the Cielo tek and it just made so much sense to use that tek moving forward as it was just so much easier for a great end product. (my favourite end result of the two)

So i do not want to be hard headed going into a new extraction and listen to what experienced users have to say.

We also want to fill vaping carts once we have completed our first extraction, but first we just need to get through the extraction before moving on to that step. It is important to me to be able to do exact dosages with the vape carts as some of them I would like to have micro-doses and some of them strong.

Any advise would be appreciated, as i value your opinions Smile

The Teks i have looked at are:

Shaggy's Jungle Tek
ACRB TEK 100g "PICS" (Newbie Friendly)
Lazyman's tek

“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence McKenna

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Loveall
#2 Posted : 4/19/2023 1:10:45 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

- Cybs max ion TEK is tried and true, but it does take a while. I would do this at least once, it is a standard for yield. For a given root bark source, all good teks should converge to the yield you get with this TEK.
- Noman's TEK is less work and relies on lazily grinding the bark finely and breaking it up with lye (a great shortcut in my opinion). In my humble opinion it uses too much water/lye and solvent separation is a little tedious.
- There are experimental TEKs such as CITLO and HIELO that are very promising for the lazy hippie. HIELO would be the fast and lazy way to make a DMT salt e-juice. Hoeevdr, these TEKs are still in development and I can't recommend them at this time. Maybe in the future.

💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Sunnyside
#3 Posted : 4/19/2023 2:58:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One thing, I always pay extra close attention when those members with Chemistry Badges are helping.

I had no extraction experience, and minimal chemistry background.

I had immediate success using Cyb's tek(s), which is what the earthwalker used as basis for his tek, the one you already found (ACRB TEK 100g "PICS" (Newbie Friendly)).

It is the only tek I've ever used or needed, always high yields, it's a very accessible process.

I might suggest, for your very first extraction, use only 50g of your raw material; even though the tek is forgiving, it seems like a safer starting point.

" Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
"No, they never did turn me into a toad." - Pete (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
"Are you a time traveller?" "No, I think I'm more of a time prisoner." - Nadia Vulvokov (Russian Doll)

Madhattress
#4 Posted : 4/19/2023 4:49:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
- Cybs max ion TEK is tried and true, but it does take a while. I would do this at least once, it is a standard for yield. For a given root bark source, all good teks should converge to the yield you get with this TEK.
- Noman's TEK is less work and relies on lazily grinding the bark finely and breaking it up with lye (a great shortcut in my opinion). In my humble opinion it uses too much water/lye and solvent separation is a little tedious.
- There are experimental TEKs such as CITLO and HIELO that are very promising for the lazy hippie. HIELO would be the fast and lazy way to make a DMT salt e-juice. Hoeevdr, these TEKs are still in development and I can't recommend them at this time. Maybe in the future.

Awesome, thanks so much for the advise as always Loveall. I will definitely check those out. I will probably lean towards the Cybs tek. I dont mind putting in the work for extractions, makes it more fun 🙂

Super excited to move on and do a new and different extraction 😊
“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence McKenna

Madhattress
#5 Posted : 4/19/2023 4:54:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sunnyside wrote:
One thing, I always pay extra close attention when those members with Chemistry Badges are helping.

I had no extraction experience, and minimal chemistry background.

I had immediate success using Cyb's tek(s), which is what the earthwalker used as basis for his tek, the one you already found (ACRB TEK 100g "PICS" (Newbie Friendly)).

It is the only tek I've ever used or needed, always high yields, it's a very accessible process.

I might suggest, for your very first extraction, use only 50g of your raw material; even though the tek is forgiving, it seems like a safer starting point.

Thanks for the advise, i think i am leaning towards this tek now. I will take starting with smaller amounts into account.

Will post some updates here when i start. Very exciting to take this next step in extracting! 🙂

doubledog
#6 Posted : 4/19/2023 7:24:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would suggest to start with much lower amount, 50g or so, and with some STB extraction.

Extraction of DMT is easier than mescaline extraction (or at least was easier, as CIELO changed situation for good Big grin )

Toshido
#7 Posted : 4/19/2023 7:33:14 PM

Research & Development

Cybs is the tried and true among the Nexus.

I tried my hand at extraction for the very first time 6 months ago and have had success with each run. I borrowed ideas from 4 different TEKs and am currently working on my own. Feel free to have a look as I'm still doing experiments to find out how to get the best yield in the shortest amount of time. I use a hot plate and magnetic stirrer, which you do not need, but the steps and the process are the same. It has pretty pictures too. (You can zoom in if it's too small depending on the device you're using to browse.)

Toshido's Hot Plate TEK

If you want to see the first version of my TEK where I have tons of redundancies and mistakes and am asking various nexians stupid questions, you can check this thread out too, all of it can be helpful since you're new to this and you can see me learn in real time.

My First TEK

I have yet to do the CIELO, but I have all of my ingredients ready to go. Any day now.

Also, like others said. 300g is too much. It only takes 2 hours to do an extraction, you can see in my TEKS that I have done 50g every time. Once you've perfected your method you can start to play around with scalability.
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

Madhattress
#8 Posted : 4/19/2023 8:42:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

doubledog wrote:
I would suggest to start with much lower amount, 50g or so, and with some STB extraction.

Extraction of DMT is easier than mescaline extraction (or at least was easier, as CIELO changed situation for good Big grin )

Awesome, i will make sure to start with a smaller batch to get used to the method.

Haha yeah the AB mescaline extraction was a lot of work Laughing , Cielo is a breeze in comparison. Love that tek so much Laughing

Madhattress
#9 Posted : 4/19/2023 8:52:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Toshido wrote:
Cybs is the tried and true among the Nexus.

I tried my hand at extraction for the very first time 6 months ago and have had success with each run. I borrowed ideas from 4 different TEKs and am currently working on my own. Feel free to have a look as I'm still doing experiments to find out how to get the best yield in the shortest amount of time. I use a hot plate and magnetic stirrer, which you do not need, but the steps and the process are the same. It has pretty pictures too. (You can zoom in if it's too small depending on the device you're using to browse.)

Toshido's Hot Plate TEK

If you want to see the first version of my TEK where I have tons of redundancies and mistakes and am asking various nexians stupid questions, you can check this thread out too, all of it can be helpful since you're new to this and you can see me learn in real time.

My First TEK

I have yet to do the CIELO, but I have all of my ingredients ready to go. Any day now.

Also, like others said. 300g is too much. It only takes 2 hours to do an extraction, you can see in my TEKS that I have done 50g every time. Once you've perfected your method you can start to play around with scalability.

Hi Toshido,

Thanks for your input, it is much appreciated. I will be sure to check out the threads you have linked before i proceed with our extraction. Thumbs up

As for the Cielo Tek, you are going to love the process. It is an amazingly well documented tek. Love everything about it.

Here is also a link to my thread where (much like your thread) it goes through the cielo process in real time.

mescaline: Kash AB HCl and Cielo Extraction Attempts(update: Extractions Complete)

Toshido
#10 Posted : 4/20/2023 12:43:57 AM

Research & Development

Right on thanks!
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

Madhattress
#11 Posted : 4/25/2023 9:34:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey guys,

I have decided to do normans tek for as it does not seem all too complicated to do for a first time DMT extraction.

So i have been looking at Naphtha and it is not really available where i live but I have found Toluene and Petroleum ether.

Which would you recommend i replace the naphtha with?

These are both from a lab supply company who i buy all my extraction chems from.

Here is a little bit of data for the PE:

Petroleum Ether 40-60 – Identification of Product
Chemical Code: CHE-P4
Chemical Name: Petroleum Ether 40-60
Chemical Grade: AR
Chemical Weight:
CAS No: 64742-49-0
Chemical Synonyms: Petroleum Benzine

and for the toluene:

Toluene AR – Identification of Product
Chemical Code: CHE-T5
Chemical Name: Toluene
Chemical Grade: AR
Chemical Formula: C₇H₈
Chemical Weight: 92,14 g/mol
CAS No: 108-88-3
Chemical Synonyms: Toluol

doubledog
#12 Posted : 4/25/2023 11:35:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Toluene is better solvent for dmt fb and could also dissolve the polymorphic jungle fraction, but you can not freeze precipitate freebase from toluene.

fractals4life
#13 Posted : 4/25/2023 1:53:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My first extraction used Petroleum Ether 40-60 and cyb's hybrid A/B salt tek. Worked well!

The only thing to watch out for is the low boiling point of the ether if you are going to heat the bark soup too. It also managed to fully evaporate in my freezer when one pull was left too long (it was only covered in tin foil though as I had no cling film at the time), it's obviously volatile stuff!

cheers,
frac4

Toshido
#14 Posted : 4/25/2023 4:10:04 PM

Research & Development

fractals4life wrote:
My first extraction used Petroleum Ether 40-60 and cyb's hybrid A/B salt tek. Worked well!

The only thing to watch out for is the low boiling point of the ether if you are going to heat the bark soup too. It also managed to fully evaporate in my freezer when one pull was left too long (it was only covered in tin foil though as I had no cling film at the time), it's obviously volatile stuff!

cheers,
frac4

Hey if he says Petroleum Ether works then I guess it works. But yeah definitely double cling wrap whatever dish you use to freeze precipitate and then put a lid over it, I find wrapping it in a towel (make sure it's still level) works as an extra buffer.

If you have solvents evaporating in your freezer with food around, don't eat the food, that's how you get cancer or nerve damage lol.

Madhattress
#15 Posted : 4/26/2023 11:25:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

oooef, I am really not sure which to buy now....

What I can buy that are available is the following:

Xylene
Toluene
Petroleum Ether

merkin
#16 Posted : 4/26/2023 4:14:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Madhattress wrote:
Xylene
Toluene
Petroleum Ether

Toluene and Xylene, while excellent solvents for spice, are too 'heavy duty' to conveniently freeze precipitate as naphtha allows - they do not relinquish the product easily. If you use them you need to evaporate (you will get an oil-y result) or use FASA or similar teks to retrieve the spice.

Naphtha here would equate roughly with what we call 'benzine' (with an i) - the stuff you get in hardware stores and supermarkets. Just be sure to do an evap test on a couple of brands before you use. It is cheap though so try a couple. In the lab store it will be listed as 'benzine for cleaning' but same stuff.

Otherwise your best bets are lighter fluids - black can zippo or newport both work. But expensive.

I am not sure whether benzine is the best solvent as I don't have a lot of success with it in terms of yields but I find that if I do a final pull with Xylene and then FASA it I pretty much get everything. At the moment I am experimenting with Loveall's ideas regarding direct crystalisation (like CIELO but for spice) and so Toluene is a good solvent choice for that (finding quality d-limonene is difficult here but if you do find pls let me know) but the end product is not freebase. But there is quite a lot of info here about those options as Loveall's quest is an easy vape cart friendly procedure.

Most of the yield issues though depend on the quality of the bark you start with, not the solvent so much, as for all plant extractions.

Pet Ether 40-60 and 80-100 also works well, as does n-Heptane for freeze precipitation but they cost a lot more. The yields are a little lower than most reports (but after the final Xylene/FASA round its all pulled) but, still, a little freebase spice goes a long way!

downwardsfromzero
#17 Posted : 4/26/2023 8:07:46 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Echoing fractals4life a bit, 40-60 pet ether might prove to be a bit of a pain to work with, especially in warm climates, as it evaporates too easily. Something with a higher initial BP would be preferable, like the 80-100 that was also suggested.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Toshido
#18 Posted : 4/27/2023 12:48:24 AM

Research & Development

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Echoing fractals4life a bit, 40-60 pet ether might prove to be a bit of a pain to work with, especially in warm climates, as it evaporates too easily. Something with a higher initial BP would be preferable, like the 80-100 that was also suggested.

I know heptane (at least the MSDS info for Bestine) has a boiling point of 98C. Although I’ve taken it to 120C while saturated with DMT freebase and still didn’t boil. But evaporated very quickly at that point, which is nice for evaporating before freeze precip. Outside of course and on a hotplate. No flames!

Madhattress
#19 Posted : 4/27/2023 4:45:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

merkin wrote:
Madhattress wrote:
Xylene
Toluene
Petroleum Ether

Toluene and Xylene, while excellent solvents for spice, are too 'heavy duty' to conveniently freeze precipitate as naphtha allows - they do not relinquish the product easily. If you use them you need to evaporate (you will get an oil-y result) or use FASA or similar teks to retrieve the spice.

Naphtha here would equate roughly with what we call 'benzine' (with an i) - the stuff you get in hardware stores and supermarkets. Just be sure to do an evap test on a couple of brands before you use. It is cheap though so try a couple. In the lab store it will be listed as 'benzine for cleaning' but same stuff.

Otherwise your best bets are lighter fluids - black can zippo or newport both work. But expensive.

I am not sure whether benzine is the best solvent as I don't have a lot of success with it in terms of yields but I find that if I do a final pull with Xylene and then FASA it I pretty much get everything. At the moment I am experimenting with Loveall's ideas regarding direct crystalisation (like CIELO but for spice) and so Toluene is a good solvent choice for that (finding quality d-limonene is difficult here but if you do find pls let me know) but the end product is not freebase. But there is quite a lot of info here about those options as Loveall's quest is an easy vape cart friendly procedure.

Most of the yield issues though depend on the quality of the bark you start with, not the solvent so much, as for all plant extractions.

Pet Ether 40-60 and 80-100 also works well, as does n-Heptane for freeze precipitation but they cost a lot more. The yields are a little lower than most reports (but after the final Xylene/FASA round its all pulled) but, still, a little freebase spice goes a long way!

Okay cool, good to know! Thanks i appreciate the information🙏🙂. I did order Benzine from a solvent supplier so will do some evap tests on it before i proceed. But should be good quality from where i bought it.

Madhattress
#20 Posted : 4/27/2023 4:48:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

Ah okay, yeah i opted and ordered Benzine as Merkin suggested. Just wait for it to be shipped and to do some tests witth it.

Thanks for the advice 🙏

123NEXT»