We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Harmala the rectal ROA Options

monomind
#1 Posted : 4/9/2023 6:02:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Not much information about it in the forum so will just go ahead and ask.
Did someone try taking harmalas rectally ? If yes what dose ?
The only post on this matter quotes 300mg of SR extract and this sounds like an awful lot to me assuming that rectal is similar to sublingual (where 25mg is enough)

Thanks

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Jees
#2 Posted : 4/10/2023 1:13:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi monomind,

done 100mg unseparated SR harmalaHCL often in the past with good results, in 2ml standard kitchen vinegar. Is more possible? I guess but you want to keep it in, so better to restrict to the minimum effective dose to give the least internal exitation. Used to drop in 40 to 60mg fb deems in same 2ml as well, if necessary heat few sec in microwave til warm for total dissolution, then cool of to luke warm before inject. IIRC end pH somewhat 5.

Logically, first one has to be emptied to avoid/minimise the feeling of internal pressure. Even then, the presence of alkaloids can induce a cannot-hold-it-in battle. It's a false alert because it's only 2ml volume. One can win this battle until that feeling spontaneously disappears suddenly, or loose that battle and run for the pot, duh. This was typically in first sessions, but eventually this became a non issue anymore, that occasional battle feeling disappeared for good.

Used 1 ml needless syringe, diameter is only few millimeters, 3 shots to empty the end volume. Canal and syringe was beforehand "greased" very slightly with an anal pomade or alike to avoid friction.

Idk if this is the most ideal doses and practice, it just ended coincidentally this way for me.
I skipped the roa due some hassle, the disinfecting of tools (mixing recepient, syringe,..with ethanol), the pregreasing, but actually the enveloping experience of the trip can't be smoother than this, very predictable ideal rampup and if deemstered absolutely without the fear component, such a natural and at-home feeling transition.

I hope this helps, much appreciation for comments or alternatives.

monomind
#3 Posted : 4/10/2023 1:32:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Jees,

Thanks for your response. I ended up doing it yesterday before your reply. I dissolved 50mg of rue extract hcl in 1ml of distilled water. A bit of heat and it all dissolved nicely. Injected it slowly with some lube. No burn whatsoever. Effects started after 10 minutes, quite light but enough for inhibition: vaping some spice on top of that was very grounded.
What I still don't get is why sublingual dose is so much smaller ? I would assume a roughly similar bioavailability for rectal and sublingual, no ?
I will try to increase the dose next time and see what happens Thumbs up

monomind
#4 Posted : 4/10/2023 1:36:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

P.s.

This is a great guide for rectal ROA:
Per Rectal Guide

Jees
#5 Posted : 4/10/2023 1:46:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

monomind wrote:
P.s.

This is a great guide for rectal ROA:
Per Rectal Guide

I should register, thanks for the hint.

Mister_Niles
#6 Posted : 4/12/2023 11:47:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

monomind wrote:
Not much information about it in the forum so will just go ahead and ask.
Did someone try taking harmalas rectally ? If yes what dose ?
The only post on this matter quotes 300mg of SR extract and this sounds like an awful lot to me assuming that rectal is similar to sublingual (where 25mg is enough)

Thanks

I have been looking for info too. It's hard to find much info on thing like the rectal bioavailability of the separate harmala alkaloids. I am going to try some harmaline fb in the next few days and will report back about the effects of the separated alkaloid.

I preferred sublingual for years, but that was with vine extract. I get a very weird sort of nausea from the rue extracts, even sublingually. I want to do a separation and then a reduction to THH and try to find a good mix of the three that emulates vine more closely. In the meantime I'm going to try the rectal ROA with the component that seems least likely, historically to make me feel like crap. I did a 3.5 gram B+ mushroom tea dose on easter and it was super clean with very light body load and almost no nausea. It was like really clean acid with all of the great things about mushrooms and none of the downsides.

Jees- when you say standard kitchen vinegar, do you mean a 5% dilution? Will that make the ph of the fb more acceptable for the colon? I was thinking about putting a drop or two of distilled white vinegar (75%)) in 2mls, but I can't find my ph paper and don't want to set my colon on fire Smile
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

Jees
#7 Posted : 4/12/2023 7:31:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mister_Niles wrote:
... Jees- when you say standard kitchen vinegar, do you mean a 5% dilution? Will that make the ph of the fb more acceptable for the colon? I was thinking about putting a drop or two of distilled white vinegar (75%)) in 2mls, but I can't find my ph paper and don't want to set my colon on fire Smile
I've only added 100mg of the the HCL form in the 2ml of indeed standard like 5% vinegar. And not once it gave me a burning sensation. If there was discomfort then it was hard to keep it in, not from burning but the false alarm feeling that you have to go. A temporary feeling only, that subsides away before the trip intensity comes up.

Perhaps I used too much vinegar and less works just as well, idk. For HCL form we might just dissolve it in 2ml of say distilled water. Should work theoretically. Maybe in 1ml? Never tested that tbh. I used 2ml vinegar because most of times I added FB deems too, to end with pH 4 to 5 or so.

I've never tried sublingual, scared of the taste thb Embarrased

monomind
#8 Posted : 4/13/2023 1:34:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I've never tried sublingual, scared of the taste tbh

Freebase has hardly any taste. HCL is yuck and is soluble in saliva so get very messy.