We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
More Changa & Syrian Rue questions Options

#1 Posted : 2/21/2010 6:38:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't seem to find the exact info I need on this, and my friend would rather know the answers before doing anything more, so here goes...

He is making a changa blend with Syrian Rue 10 X Extract.

1. What does 10 X extract mean? Is this similar in meaning to, say, a Salvia extract? If so, 1g of Syrian Rue contains approx 30mg alkaloids, so a 10 X Extract has 300mg?

2. When adding this to changa, would it be best to extract the harmine / harmaline or just add it as is? (powdered)

3. My thanks to Smokeydaze for suggesting in another thread that I add it "as is", at a ratio of 0.3g Extract : 1g herb : 0.8g spice. I worked it out that this would give approx 90mg harmine per 2g changa, so about 5mg per dose. (based on 2g = 20 doses) Does this sound right, and enough to have an effect?

4. Are there any safety concerns when smoking MAOI's as there is when swallowing them? Is the smoked effect strong enough to worry about it?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I just want to know exactly what I'm doing!!
Any help greatly appreciated.
Very happy
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

۩
#2 Posted : 2/21/2010 6:47:35 PM

1. Correct.
2. Depends on the consistency. Freebased and as pure as possible the better.
3. You'd be surprised how little harmalas are needed to synergize the grand gateways to the cathedrals! The math is beyond me, but sounds like you got it figured out.
4. No real safety concerns. I don't like rue (although it's shown me some serious time travelage...) because it always causes extreme bronchial constriction in this space ship. Maybe it's just me, but I find it's serpent-like-squeeze a little uncomfortable. Harmalas are vasodilators, though, so I'm not sure why this is!
Even happens with caapi, but not as bad.

Don't worry at all. Worries perpetuate fear and that is unnecessary. Get to know your ally, and be confident +

#3 Posted : 2/21/2010 8:11:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:

3. You'd be surprised how little harmalas are needed to synergize the grand gateways to the cathedrals! The math is beyond me, but sounds like you got it figured out.

Don't worry at all. Worries perpetuate fear and that is unnecessary. Get to know your ally, and be confident +

re: no.2 the consistency is fine powder. Are you saying it's better to extract if it is not well ground?

knowledge breeds confidence, thanks for the help!
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

۩
#4 Posted : 2/21/2010 8:48:33 PM

Fine powders seem to be the normal consistency of harmalas.

smokeydaze
#5 Posted : 2/22/2010 2:45:43 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Ok ok, from my understanding I would of assumed this fine powder is the extracted form (ie harmala freebase) in which case you wouldn't need to do anything to it. But I think you need to find out what this 10x extract means, or just buy some syrian rue seeds and do an extraction.
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

lyserge
#6 Posted : 3/31/2010 3:19:49 PM

polyfather anomalous

1. Correct, as others said.
2. SWIM found it difficult to smoke Syrian Rue powder extract, but SWIM didn't understand that she had to vaporize it. If SWIM were to do what you're doing, she'd dissolve the powder in the alcohol or whatever you're using.
3. From my experience smoking syrian rue seeds (in seed form, not even powdered), you need surprisingly little compared to the amount needed for consumption. You could try smoking 5 mg of the Rue extract on its own, and if it's taking effect you'll feel it, even on its own.
4. When smoked, it bypasses the stomach, so in theory it's much safer. I've found that if I eat tyramine-containing foods even a couple of hours before eating a few grams of Rue seeds, the body has enough time to process the tyramine. I once drank five beers throughout the day, and had 2 grams of Rue seeds in the early evening to prepare for an unexpected P. semilanceata tryp. I experience no side effects from the beer. However, I once drank a single beer about 3-4 hours after eating a similar amount of S. Rue, and wound up with a nasty headache. My conclusion is that the body takes a while to replace/reactivate the MAO, so one should be more careful after eating Rue. The harmala alkaloids are more forgiving than the hardcore prescription MAOI's; this has been discussed elsewhere on this site. Since you're dealing with smoked Rue, this discussion probably was of little use; if you're even a little bit cautious you should be safe.
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Dorge
#7 Posted : 3/31/2010 8:17:39 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

۩ wrote:
1. Correct.
4. No real safety concerns. I don't like rue (although it's shown me some serious time travelage...) because it always causes extreme bronchial constriction in this space ship. Maybe it's just me, but I find it's serpent-like-squeeze a little uncomfortable. Harmalas are vasodilators, though, so I'm not sure why this is!
Even happens with caapi, but not as bad.

SWIM agrees with every one... however it is still good to play it some what safe with combos as well as diet... but it has never been a real concern for monkey folk...
10x means yes ten times extracted 3gm would be a concentration of 30gm on three grams and so forth.

give a full trip report of the rue changa... there is a lot of info lacking on that area.
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/