We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What am I doing? Options

Cheffers
#1 Posted : 4/2/2023 9:28:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone! I only found this forum recently and decided to join because of my interest in all kinds of psychedelics. The extensive knowledge that's present on this forum amazes me, especially the different DMT extraction teks. I'd like to extract my own DMT one day, but as long as I live with my parents this is probably not a possibility.

I'm a 24 year old guy living in The Netherlands and have experimented quite a bit over the past few years, suppose I'll just share my experience. I smoked some weed (which didn't do anything that time) for the first time at 16, together with a friend, but the very next day we tried out magic truffles, which was quite the experience. In between this truffle trip and my further experimentation with psychedelics I got introduced to a whole list of party drugs on festivals, but despite them being far from as comfortable/enjoyable as other drugs like XTC, something about psychedelics stood out. Even though I never took any lessons or particular insights with me, I still felt these experiences enriched me.

About half a year ago I started microdosing truffles, almost as an adaptogen after having tried Ginseng/Ashwagandha. I was mainly looking for improved focus, but I also like how it has a calming yet energizing effect. Another thing I really like about microdosing is that baseline I'm happier. What I have noticed though is that all emotions (also negative) are enhanced, even if they're easier to keep in check/not act out upon. Additionally I feel on the days I microdose I can control the urge to smoke weed better, as I've developed a somewhat negative relation with cannabis over time.

DMT came on my path a year ago. At first we started out with a crack pipe -that unfortunately we were not that experienced with. The furthest I ever managed to get with the glass pipe was I think the “waiting room”, which was still very awesome: as a friendly jester kept the waiting audience, consisting of just me, entertained with fireworks shooting from his hands.
Thus we established The Machine is worth it Cool

On my last trip I got a view/tour inside an ice cream factory that made these really complex large red “ice creams” traversing over a conveyor belt, when one opened up it held all kinds of intricate piping inside. I think it's fair to assume these weren't ice creams at all. When I describe it this sounds like a break through, but during the trip I kept feeling I could just open my eyes and walk away, I was also still aware of my surroundings. I didn't “go” there, I just watched remotely.

What I noticed during multiple trips is that my brain inserts these questions/doubts about things I've already arranged for in set and setting: “Am I doing this right?”, “Did I smoke the whole dose?”, "Am I paying to much attention to this or that?". The answer to all these rhetorical questions is YES, and they keep me from fully enjoying the trip. Is this a defense mechanism my ego uses in order not to evaporate too? Maybe I'm trying too hard to breakthrough on certain occasions, as these sub-breakthrough experiences are still very enjoyable and there's still more than enough to explore.

Anyway, this forum post is probably too long as it is. I might share some more detailed trip reports in the future. Thanks for reading Big grin

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

abecedarian
#2 Posted : 4/2/2023 9:51:58 PM

∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ęRhe✟ori© ABe©eDarian $✞ȉllĨn✞hę©®@✟ę

Hello and welcome to the Nexus Cheffers.
I'm a man from a place with hands and a face. Part of the heart of the human race. It illuminates. ∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ę®ȉ©

Cheffers
#3 Posted : 4/4/2023 1:28:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks @abecedarian Smile

Pandora
#4 Posted : 4/4/2023 2:33:02 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Cheffers,

Welcome to the Nexus.

I enjoyed reading your introduction and I too look forward to the day when you can extract your own. Given the economic realities of the modern world it's really hard to live independently these days. Speaking as a woman in my fifties we have 3 adult incomes making it work in our family.

I really appreciated your discussion of ego issues. Taking the dose and then having all of these questions upon you. As an experienced user coming back after a big break I'm having these kinds of problems too. During the come up I'm finding my head full of chaotic thoughts like was this a good idea? Did I really want to do this? And this even when my intention was fully set seconds ago.

DMT ignites within us a strong fight or flight reaction and if we don't immediately just get slammed into hyperspace many of us become very aware of our body functions such as heartbeat. It is an irrational (because we are safe, fine and not dying) response, but the irrationality, the "ego resistance" is at least partially in response to the body load or physiological cascade. No easy answers here.

There is no easy answer here other than just the term set. I know for me the key is getting my mental house into order and being a 1000% sure of my intention, maybe even writing it down. Meditation although difficult for me can be very helpful in the preparation. Also abdominal breathing.

As you continue to explore I would love to hear what works for you. I am always looking for advice on better ways to surrender to the molecule. I was recently reminded that that's the only choice and that fighting it is pretty much like fighting the Borg in Star Trek, an exercise in futility and suffering.

I hope to see you around and again warmly welcome you.

-Pandora
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Cheffers
#5 Posted : 4/19/2023 8:52:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the warm welcome @Pandora Smile

TurkeyNeckMusk
#6 Posted : 4/21/2023 8:01:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Take a deep breath, relax! You just smoked DMT and your mind is going a thousand miles per hour lol. Yes all kinds of thoughts come, but you learn to ignore the nonsense. I always take what I take in one hit that way I can’t screw up, anything else becomes hard. Once you learn what dosage you want or like do that and then just surrender. Get everything off your mind and out of your hands. if alone set it somewhere safe, the pipe, if you have a sitter let them take it. I enjoy having a sitter so that when I forget who I am where i am or if I still exist they can tell me. Haha. The first time I broke through I accidentally took such a huge hit I blew it out immediately and still broke through for like 15 20 minutes total trip was 30-45 minutes I blacked out for like 5-10 minutes in the middle of the breakthrough though. At one point I said to my wife “Am I still here” , “yes” , “Am I okay” “yes” “did I piss myself” “no” “ well it feels like I’m peeing” “you are not” “ok”. Lol one time I took a hit, did a nitrous balloon, and when I used to do that I would count and when the counting didn’t make sense I.e. 31,32,35,47,68, green,93.4213 whoops time to breathe, but anywhere I could’ve sworn I counted past 1000, obviously I did not, but I thought I did lol.

KuzeMaf
#7 Posted : 4/28/2023 6:23:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This kind of effect is not uncommon... The 'Doubtful voice' will lessen and go away with experience.

Intention setting is key.
Meditation may help.

It has a way of bringing things to the surface. Namaste.
All is the one....One is the all.

Math. Simple math looks infinite to me.