We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV345
Voidrage Options

Bill Cipher
#81 Posted : 4/7/2023 1:51:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay, wow. So, left wing ideologies like democracy is good and racism is bad?

But allow me to elucidate, you pointy headed fuck; I'm a moderator and 14 year member, and you are now out the door.

Sayonara.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

OneIsEros
#82 Posted : 4/7/2023 1:59:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:
Okay, wow. So, left wing ideologies like democracy is good and racism is bad?

But allow me to elucidate, you pointy headed fuck; I'm a moderator and 14 year member, and you are now out the door.

I don’t think that’s quite what they were saying. They were just saying that you behave so atrociously badly, and always have, that it is shocking that it can be anything but satire - but, it really isn’t. I don’t care if you ban me. If you have contributed anything meaningful to this forum, it is not your political opinions, which almost point for point align with my own - it is rather a stark example of the dangers of being utterly without any heedfulness of the toxicity of one’s own anger. Nearly everything you ever do or say on this website, not just on this thread, is a clear indication of that, and I am fully in agreement with the now banned individual above - it is stunning that the administrators on this site have not banned you, let alone made you a moderator. Ban me if you wish for saying it.

Voidmatrix
#83 Posted : 4/7/2023 2:38:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

This is getting out of hand so I need to step in again.

Bill, you and I have an understanding, so keep doing you. However, if you get goaded, try not to take the bait. If It's like the pointy hat comment I'll address it. Also, I have noticed your change of approach in trying not to become as confrontational in this thread and yours, keep it up. I feel I understand YOU, which is why we have the rapport that we do. I get you inner frustrations with a variety of things and am aware that it impacts your approach with others. It does open you up to attack though.

Pointy hat, I'm removing your suspension, but... really? You had to see that coming...

I would like to recommend that we try to be a bit more productive here. In doing so, that means that EVERYONE needs to be ready to shrug stuff off and not nitpick at deeper particulars of statements that are more about the person making the statement than the statement they are making. Case in point, OneisEros, what you pointed out about Bill is part of his person. I think that we could also swap out his use of "enrage" with "upset" or some other related but broader term. I think that overall he was trying to say how he is surprised when people are not upset by some of the things that he brought with respect to anti-democratic dealings happening.

As was stated earlier in the thread, we're all adults here. These are sensitive topics, feelings are going to get hurt if there is a choice to spectate or participate in this thread.

Keep in mind, this is a community. We may not all like each other, but let's show each other the respect we're all due, practice temperance, and think ahead (eg, "what may come from my posting 'x' thoughts that I'd like to share?"Pleased

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Bill Cipher
#84 Posted : 4/7/2023 3:11:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don’t see the point in removing his suspension, and I don’t agree with it at all.

I posted what is vitally important news of the day to anyone living in this country. I was trying to discuss these actual events, not debate about the nature of anger or any such esoteric silliness with people who don’t read the news or care to know what’s going on in the world around them. There was nothing offensive or inappropriate in the post that inspired their responses.

Marx and Engels? Fuck this turd. I’m sorry, but I’ll just ban him again. If that doesn’t work for you, you’re going to have to take it up with The Traveler.

Voidmatrix
#85 Posted : 4/7/2023 3:19:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:
I don’t see the point in removing his suspension, and I don’t agree with it at all.

I posted what is vitally important news of the day to anyone living in this country. I was trying to discuss these actual events, not debate about the nature of anger or any such esoteric silliness with people who don’t read the news or care to know what’s going on.

Marx and Engels? Fuck this turd. I’m sorry, but I’ll just ban him again.

I don't blame you. I'll leave it as is and we'll talk about it with the others on the mod team. To be honest, the rhetoric and intentional antagonization pissed me off too.

I think you understand that I have to do my best to mediate here and stay as unbiased as I can (though I'm still thinking "really?!" to their response above). That said, I was allowing it to be a "tit-for-tat" considering the nature of what you shared. While I appreciate being informed (so thank you, because I didn't know these things were occurring), I guarantee that there are a lot of people that are viewing it as political discourse, which I wrote the post saying "no politics."

So in short, you posted something that could be perceived as political, and they decided to pander and be confrontational.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Bill Cipher
#86 Posted : 4/7/2023 3:25:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Of course it was political.

I know that there are people here who don’t like hearing about anything other than tripping and kitchen chemistry. As previously stated, I just don’t care. I wasn’t attacking anyone other than Wisconsin and Tennessee lawmakers. I got moronic personal attacks in response - and that’s when dumbshits get banned.

Voidmatrix
#87 Posted : 4/7/2023 3:32:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:
Of course it was political. I know that there are people here who don’t like hearing about anything other than tripping and kitchen chemistry. As previously stated, I just don’t care. I wasn’t attacking anyone other than Wisconsin and Tennessee lawmakers. I got moronic personal attacks in response - and that’s when dumbshits get banned.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to have more of these discussions. But we've both noticed what happens when we allow politics to run rampant on the forum, hence the ruling. It's not an easy choice to make and it's very difficult to manage. At the same time, I think you realize that I'm not telling you what to do at all, just explaining why my actions presently are what they are.

One love

Bill Cipher
#88 Posted : 4/7/2023 3:39:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I would like to have more of these discussions. But we've both noticed what happens when we allow politics to run rampant on the forum, hence the ruling. It's not an easy choice to make and it's very difficult to manage. At the same time, I think you realize that I'm not telling you what to do at all, just explaining why my actions presently are what they are.

One love

You started the conversation. It’s a conversation about our epidemic of gun violence, and it’s a conversation worth having.

Voidmatrix
#89 Posted : 4/7/2023 3:46:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

One love

You started the conversation. It’s a conversation about our epidemic of gun violence, and it’s a conversation worth having.

No doubt and I agree, I think that it's a conversation that should be had as well.

Relative to my intention, while I thought that gun violence would be something that would be discussed, I was also hoping that other things surrounding the experience and state of anger would be shared as well.

This is one of those OPs that I wrote and as I was writing and after finishing but just before posting had an itch in my intuition signaling that this might cause some issues... I put out anger, and it came back throughout the thread.

Sorry, not sorry? I don't even know.

One love

Bill Cipher
#90 Posted : 4/7/2023 4:43:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Relative to my intention, while I thought that gun violence would be something that would be discussed, I was also hoping that other things surrounding the experience and state of anger would be shared as well.

This is one of those OPs that I wrote and as I was writing and after finishing but just before posting had an itch in my intuition signaling that this might cause some issues... I put out anger, and it came back throughout the thread.

Sorry, not sorry? I don't even know.

One love

Why be sorry?

What I posted about today - which, make no mistake, is White Supremacy in action - is something that SHOULD make people angry; at least those who don’t share that agenda. It was unfolding in real time as I posted, it’s a story of vital U.S. importance, it upset me greatly and I thought it tied in to your original post, so I brought it up for adult discussion - and I’m sure as hell not sorry.

Any possible discussion was then derailed by someone crybabying about me personally attacking them over their lack of anger. That was not my intention at all, but I guess the question remains: if White Supremacy and the purposeful undermining of democracy in furtherance of the gun lobby doesn’t upset you (the hypothetical “you”, not anyone in particular…), what on Earth possibly could?

But he didn’t have a single word to say about the events. Not a single one. I doubt that he’d looked at what I’d linked or was even aware of anything that was happening - and I’d bet that’s still the case. Instead, it was all this weird tangential fight that I just don’t have the patience for.

And as to this other a-hole’s comments, unless The Traveler sees any need for him to come back, I certainly don’t. So unless Trav cares to step in, he’s seen his last day at the Nexus.

What was it you said about the loudest ones with the weakest arguments…?

Personally, I am done with them.

Bill Cipher
#91 Posted : 4/7/2023 8:51:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OrangeEnergy wrote:
This place, over the last few months, has been a therapeutic bolt-hole, somewhere I could go to escape all the bollocks that pervades the rest of the internet and the world, and talk with interesting people about interesting things, not caring or wanting to know what their thoughts were on, say, whether a woman can have a penis, but that has all been vaporised by people unable to keep their opinions to themselves, as per the ATTITUDE.

I must have missed the part where someone pushed their views on you about whether a woman can have a penis.

Where exactly did that happen…?

MAGMA17
#92 Posted : 4/7/2023 10:30:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The main point Void wanted to discuss was about the concept of anger in general, and how it impacts his own life. Among the events that CONTRIBUTED to increase this anger is what happened at the school.

This means that what OneIsEros said is more than relevant, given the context.
In addition, what they said is also an interesting reflection, and I don't find anything strange about what they dispute.

Putting aside the subject in particular of weapons, on which I cannot comment since I do not know everything an American knows, I can say that it is normal to react to things in different ways. There can be several reasons why people prioritise the world's problems differently.

Bill, does that info you published serve to raise people's awareness? Well, then the goal must be that, and treating people badly doesn't help to achieve that goal. It can only bring them against you, because no one likes to be treated like a fool...both if they are and if they are not.

OneIsEros
#93 Posted : 4/7/2023 2:01:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:
I doubt that he’d looked at what I’d linked or was even aware of anything that was happening -

It’s like you’re hell bent on proving everything I say right. And this is why it is hard to believe you are not being satirical. But I do believe it.

Bill Cipher
#94 Posted : 4/7/2023 3:38:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OrangeEnergy wrote:
It didn't, I was using it as an example, alluding to the kind of bs I do my utmost to avoid.Why you would choose that particular piece of my post to pick up on, I find rather strange.

Because it was clearly just some splashy sounding bullshit that you made up off the top of your head. That's why. Because it was a lie.

It sounds like it was a very traumatic experience though, even though it didn't actually happen. I have to ask - are you okay...?

dragonrider
#95 Posted : 4/7/2023 4:10:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For now, i think it's better to lock this thread. Maybe we're gonna throw out all the posts that nobody is gonna miss when they're gone and then unlock it later.

We all regret how this thread derailed and got out of controll.

I would want to say though: if any of you ever feels that you've been treated unfairly by a moderator, it is best to contact another moderator or the traveller (though the traveller and moderators may have other things on their minds as well, so you may not always get an immediate response).

Picking a fight with the moderator you don't agree with is NOT the way. In such situations you can almost invariably expect us all to close ranks.

I'm sorry but that's just the way it is.

«PREV345