We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Bioinspired - Introduction Essay Options

Bioinspired
#1 Posted : 3/25/2023 8:38:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After spending a while meeting new people, I realized I have my own particular style of psychedelic exploration as well as a different attitude towards other substances. I am an introverted type who greatly enjoys tripping alone especially if I can have the ability to read or through technology.

I rarely if ever frequent stimulants, except coffee. My interest is fully on psychedelic substances and it is not just a hobby either. I have a strongly dedicated interest in understanding and using psychedelics, and I have directed my personal education and my studies towards understanding them as well as I can. I have studies in IT and computer engineering but have also had to do much reading on physics, biology, mathematics, and other numeric sciences, and a main motivator has always been understanding psychedelics.

Starting with a few difficult sessions, LSD has later become my utmost favorite substance, as it is not just genetically compatible with me, but also indicative of possessing intelligence, understanding, love, and the ability of being critical, which are traits I would appreciate in a good friend or parent.

I like the other psychedelics as well.

Currently in my life I am puzzled by some social criteria of what is acceptable substance use but also not too judgemental and grateful that I can most of the time not be affected by it.

Looking forward to sharing some actual experience reports.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Pandora
#2 Posted : 3/25/2023 9:20:02 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Bioinspired,

Welcome to the Nexus, Very happy.

This was a great intro. Thank you for sharing.

May I ask what was the nature of your difficult experiences and what have you concluded in the aftermath?

Have you tried DMT yet? If so, have you tried it while on LSD?

Looking forward to seeing you around.

-Pandora
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Toshido
#3 Posted : 3/26/2023 3:32:46 AM

Research & Development

With that kind of interest and attitude, I feel like you'd make a great addition to the already wonderful crowd we have here. I hope you stick around.

I too am one of those rare breeds that enjoys tripping alone. Don't get me wrong, I've had countless sessions with small and large groups of people, and for a time they were fun.

Ultimately, I was interested in experimenting with my mind and my environment around me, and doing that while you are linked up with a buddy and having to lavish others with attention so that things don't get boring makes that process difficult. It's too much thinned out stimuli.

I'm only now getting back into psychedelics and DMT is my favorite right now, as it is short acting and allows me to return to baseline within 30 minutes, further allowing me to take care of the many responsibilities throughout the day as an adult.

But! During my formative tripping years from 2004-2014 when I was tripping constantly, these were some of my favorite activities to do while alone. My favorite was mushrooms, it was a bit shorter than LSD and I found I could control my visuals and my mind a little easier. Too each their own though.

Art - finger painting, drawing, graphic design
Music - Playing on synthesizers and drum machines is wonderful
Listening to Music - One of my favorite activities, strap on some head phones and lay down, it makes it easier to play around with CEV's and OEV's, lights on or off
Visuals - My most favorite aspect of psychedelics hands down, I can stare at a pile of moss for an hour as if it was a lava lamp, and I have practiced to great lengths messing around with my depth perception or going out of focus to achieve great results. Staring at the same spot for a long period of time can yield some wild stuff.
Stargazing - If you find a clear night, some of the best visuals you'll get are laying on your back looking at the stars. Clouds are great too on a beautiful over cast day.

I look forward to your contributions based off of your unique interests and skillset.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need help navigating the site, as there is much to explore.

Cheers.
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

Bioinspired
#4 Posted : 3/26/2023 10:21:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I think I needed that.
Pandora wrote:

Have you tried DMT yet? If so, have you tried it while on LSD?

I have. I'd have to compare them by saying that DMT is more of a natural intelligent matter, where LSD is also intelligent but human-made, therefore it became cluttered with human nonsense.

I never tried them together. The settings available never suggested it be a good idea. In a more creative setting I might have experimented.
Pandora wrote:

May I ask what was the nature of your difficult experiences and what have you concluded in the aftermath?

A contributor has to have been the taboo nature of the subject, in the areas I grew up in. The difficulty was also realizing the nature of my consciousness is not similar to the embodied nature it possesses. It was becoming comfortable with the abstract, invisible, and very fast paced, environment of my creative mind/brain. Physical discomfort could also emerge from my increased sensitivity to social settings and it arose in different ways than in baseline consciousness. I see this in reports as "letting go" but it does not eliminate the usefulness of applied wisdom.

widderic thanks. There were many enjoyables too, I have a very immobilizing job (engineering with computers) so most of the action in a normal day for the last 20+ years for me has been watching a computer screen. Therefore, simply being in the altered state is a feeling of belonging and being home for me, as it is a reflection of my pursued interests. In fact the state reminds me of what I would normally feel during childhood, an experience designed for me to thrive in, breathing and moving felt easy and healthy, and I would always feel like I had a parent nearby while I was distracted by little things.

BundleflowerPower
#5 Posted : 3/29/2023 2:45:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the nexus.