We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Raving on harmalas, anyone? Options

Jees
#1 Posted : 3/22/2023 6:52:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Of late I had a dungeon rave night and I wanted to test if that could be done on harmalas + weed. I knew to love that combo but never took it for a night long session and certainly not being active dancing non stop.
I was very careful with dosing as this was a test. Started out with 125mg (it was unseparated rue harmalaHCL) then followed each hour topping up (did that 3 times) with 50mg.

With all that moving about I feared nausea but nothing of that kind was noticed. And then there was weed smoked now and then.

I must say it worked yet completely a different animal than M+weed. Intensity of another kind. No visual affection whatsoever. Lesser stable on the legs though to keep ones balance, I didn't fall but some wowsies where there especially in the come up, that went better after 2 hours in.

So I want to ask if people did something likewise to party on harmalas, for longer periods than your average regular 'session'. Part of the question is: is it safe to maoi for such a long time. I can't say that I felt doing something wrong afterwards.

I suppose dosage might elevate, like 150 at start and topup with 75 each hours afterwards. That might be a next plan.

Why harmalas? I feel fine making my own products, to know what you ingest, not supporting shady production pills. It was also great to end such a night with a serotonin sponge that was not squeezed empty, the opposite actually. Felt charged instead of ragdolled.

The idea of mini-changa crossed my mind, but once in the flow that didn't felt like an intuïtieve good idea. Fear to alienate from the setting.

I hear Santo Daime dance on aya+weed, but that doesn't last like a rave night I suppose.

Any remarks? Thoughts? Thanks!

Disclaimer: do NOT mix maoi with contraindicated stuff!!! Weed can do, it seems.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 3/22/2023 11:05:18 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Nice report, thanks. How long were you dancing for?

The immediate question it raise for me is, how long does an average Sufi dervish zikr (session) last? (Something of a tangent, I must admit.)

On the question of long duration harmala dosing, several of us here have dosed on the stuff for days on end and appear to be largely fine if not fantastic.

I'm not the only one to have found (albeit not systematically) that the subjective effects of harmalas vary depending on the time of day the dose is taken. Morning harmalas have a different feel compared to midnight ones, probably something to do with diurnal neurotransmitter cycles.

Well, this is another thing to add to my to-do-list. Admixtures would depend on the exact setting.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Jees
#3 Posted : 3/23/2023 12:59:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi, thank you for supporting the harmala vibe. Thumbs up

Except for a pee it was 5 (6?) hours of continuous dancing. Bodytemp wasn't as warm as with M.
And yes those swirling dervish are awesome!

Happy trials wished Pleased

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 3/23/2023 1:16:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Thanks for sharing Jees! Sounds like a damn good time, and definitely not something I would've thought to do.

I wonder how adding a small amount of mushrooms to the mix would affect things. I could forseeable see it making the experience more akin to that of MDMA.

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Nice report, thanks. How long were you dancing for?

The immediate question it raise for me is, how long does an average Sufi dervish zikr (session) last? (Something of a tangent, I must admit.)

On the question of long duration harmala dosing, several of us here have dosed on the stuff for days on end and appear to be largely fine if not fantastic.

I'm not the only one to have found (albeit not systematically) that the subjective effects of harmalas vary depending on the time of day the dose is taken. Morning harmalas have a different feel compared to midnight ones, probably something to do with diurnal neurotransmitter cycles.

Well, this is another thing to add to my to-do-list. Admixtures would depend on the exact setting.

Yeah, I was drinking around 5g for a year straight. It was great. However, it does make sleeping a little more difficult. I've thought about brewing some in the morning and drinking it throughout the morning to see how it benefits and impacts my day, mind, and body. I could see it having some nice anti-depressant effects.

I've wondered also if it affects the circadian rhythm (to piggy-back on DF0's diurnal comment).

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Jees
#5 Posted : 3/23/2023 11:27:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
...I wonder how adding a small amount of mushrooms to the mix would affect things. I could forseeable see it making the experience more akin to that of MDMA...
Good idea, I was afraid that a mini of changa would have disconnect me from the ongoings but shrooms might fit the bill better in that regard. Thumbs up
It would also allows for going too hard on the harmalas.

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 3/23/2023 12:02:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Jees wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:
...I wonder how adding a small amount of mushrooms to the mix would affect things. I could forseeable see it making the experience more akin to that of MDMA...
Good idea, I was afraid that a mini of changa would have disconnect me from the ongoings but shrooms might fit the bill better in that regard. Thumbs up

Given the synergistic relationship with cannabis and the potentiation of the harmalas, I imagine you wouldn't need much with mushrooms. A microdose might get you to where you wanna be.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Jees
#7 Posted : 3/23/2023 5:08:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Jees wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

Given the synergistic relationship with cannabis and the potentiation of the harmalas, I imagine you wouldn't need much with mushrooms. A microdose might get you to where you wanna be.

One love
You're right, I misconstructed my sentence, I wanted to say:
...It would also allows for going NOT too hard on the harmalas...

Quetzal7
#8 Posted : 3/24/2023 8:15:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is nice to read !
Generally, my party crew occasionally microdose harmalas (5-20mg), while carefully dosing on tryptamines

And one summer, the genie was out of the pandora box... with so many friends aware of the potential of harmalas, even with all my insisting warnings, i overheard this kind of conversation in a festival :
" well you know, if you are on the 5th day on acid and you still want to trip, i have some harmala" (i beleive tolerance is a blessing of the gods so we don't fucked up ourself xD)

Then the same day, another friend started to get a psychotic event (dosing on harmalas through the festival) - took some weeks/month to ground again.
And at another party, a young guy lost his mind in a kind of Tourette-Trance, spitting insanities for hours (harmal + shrooms) (could have happen without the harmal... but not in that case. Harmal doesn't give a shit if you are in party or a bad set&setting, if she want to kick ass, she will)

And these are lucky accident ... imagine if MDMA or other No-No combo happened...

So, yes, harmalas are fucking great. But don't say it out loud on the party scene =)

Jees
#9 Posted : 3/24/2023 10:50:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Much thanks for reporting these experiences Quetzal7, glad things weren't catastrophic.

Yes harmalas need discipline for sure on the part of amounts and combo's.
I got the doses weighted in advance at home and capsulated, no messing around at the event.

Some harm reduction intel:
* For cross referencing, in attachment an maoi guide I found here at the forum.
* Substances interaction page.
* And this excerpt taken from the harmala threads:
Quote:
Typically after around 4-6 half lives we reach what is termed "steady state" in which all of the drugs incoming dosage is being readily metabolized (this applies more to drugs that taken on an ongoing basis than to single administrations, but is still relevant here). So in general you should plan for a minimum of 5-6 half life cycles before taking any contraindicated substances.

Applying this to oral harmine, we are looking at 3 hours x 6 half lives, or about 18 hours before one would be moar or less in the clear to pop a molly or eat a prozac. Note that this only applies to harmine alone. I wasn't able to find a reliable half life for harmaline with a quick google search, but I did stumble across an unsourced blurb on reddit suggesting it takes about 3 times longer than harmine, so if that is correct we are looking at something on the order of 9 hours x 6 half lives = 54 hours before you can roll safely.

THH appears to have a half life on the order of 11 hours, so we would be looking at around 66 hours on that one.

Moral of the story, when it comes to using contraindicated substances after harmalas, it's probably best to give a buffer on the order of at least a day (24 hours) for changa and on the order of 3 days (72 hours) for oral harmalas.

Working the other way, it looks like MDMA has a half life of around 7 hours. So 7 hours x 6 half lives we are looking at a minimum 42 hours before one should be consuming an MAOI. Note that MDMA is metabolized into MDA which has a a mean half life of around the same time (7-8 hours) but can remain in the body longer, in some instances pushing up to 13.5 hours x 6 half lives = 81 hours. Again, a 3 day rule in this direction would probably also be wise.

Jees
#10 Posted : 3/27/2023 8:06:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Was pondering on safe/good psilohuasca dosing for raving.
From reddit:
Quote:
...0.6g dried + 3g peganum harmala seeds = heaven, hell, jungian archetypes, thinking I'm dying, body seems to make weird movements on its own, whole body feels extremely electrified for 3 hours...
3gr Rue representing 200-250mg harmalaHCL + all the extra's in the seeds, that's way too much for dancing. I think to stay at 125mg or even dropping to 100 harmalaHCL initially. And keeping the hourly topups at 50mg.

Then the psilo's, haven't much experience with these, how about 0,25gr at each intake? I don't wanna need to go sit down because of intensity. Planning on weed too, but no issue if that's to be excluded.
Ideas are welcome, thx.

PS: people always refer to dry weight shrooms, right?

Jees
#11 Posted : 4/11/2023 10:12:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After another comparative rave on M, it's clear that the partly drunken legs on harmalas can't beat the absolute motoric limb control that M provides, this matters for dancing.

Secondly, the harmalas tend one to be somewhat present in one's own introvert sphere, whereas M has that warm emphatic outward component that's very compliant with rave.

It was a nice experiment though.

downwardsfromzero
#12 Posted : 6/29/2023 11:28:32 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Recently was at a small festival/party and one of the days (iirc Razz ) I managed to stick to mild harmala dosing in the form of whole, raw, sublingual seeds and it was fine. Keeping the dose at the lower end of the scale seems prudent as the ataxia of higher amounts might cause you to knock over a drunk person or something.

Jees wrote:
After another comparative rave on M
Did you mean mescaline or perhaps MDMA here rather than mushrooms? Prior context makes this unclear to me.

The day at the party where I munched a 3" chunk of cactus was particularly good, especially in having managed to time the come up to coincide with the key moment of a rather lovely wedding ceremony. But that's another story!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Jees
#13 Posted : 6/30/2023 2:19:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Prudent dosing for sure with harmalas if you have a 'task' at hand.
Sublingual seeds sounds cool, like a gram or so? How long?

Good call on M, referring to Molly.

Mesc is sure a contender, very promising yet not in my close future I'm afraid.
I reckon that wedding sticks forever Pleased
How does NAC roll with it? I suppose banging drums, is like a techno bass line. Big grin

Partook at a cool summer party as of late, mere soft techno.... , on a gram of 5 fresh truffles and weed, amazing! Very ehh 'wholesome' experience, one I hadn't had on truffles before. Very grateful for that.

downwardsfromzero
#14 Posted : 7/1/2023 6:50:34 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Jees wrote:
Sublingual seeds sounds cool, like a gram or so? How long?
Literally just a pinch or two - and although I have quite slender fingers this corresponds with my slender build. A pinch is about 30 seeds; sublingual is much more effective than swallowing ime so this small amount puts quite a functional edge on things. It fits nicely in the pouch of the cheek so one can carry on as normal with conversation, for example, and with a little practice drinking necessary fluids through a straw.

Accidentally swallowing the seeds isn't a problem - just pop another pinch in!

I suppose it may be prudent to ensure one's seeds are relatively free from grit, cement dust, foreign seeds and insect (or other) droppings too.

So, you had harmalas with the truffle experience, you say? A kind of psilohuasca? That can indeed be very fulfilling. Love

Jees
#15 Posted : 7/2/2023 8:09:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for explaining!
downwardsfromzero wrote:
...So, you had harmalas with the truffle experience, you say? A kind of psilohuasca? That can indeed be very fulfilling. Love
No this time trufs only, but a combo with harmalas is something to test out, should definitely lower truf grams then for sure, I don't like to become overwhelmed too much and ending apathetic on a dance event.