We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
AI generated art Options

ControlledChaos
#1 Posted : 3/19/2023 3:07:46 AM

Nature is analog, ever flowing and continuous; spontaneous transfers of energy weaving in and out of dimensions, radiating outwards from the source- a non repeating, non terminating system of perpetual energy

I've been playing around with an app for Android called Imagine that allows you to enter a detailed description of something you want to see it make as a picture. It's actually surprisingly accurate to your descriptions and has allowed me to finally depict some of my Ayahuasca visions to you all accurately, things I never would have been able to show so vividly if I didn't have this app. So I'd like to share my pictures I've with this technology. I hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I enjoyed making it!

Let me know if you liked any in particular, of if you have any requests. The app is called Imagine and I highly recommend.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 3/19/2023 3:37:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I'm sharing these threads to catch you up on the current discussion regarding AI art and to prepare you...

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=101025

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=100876

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Toshido
#3 Posted : 3/19/2023 4:01:34 AM

Research & Development

ControlledChaos wrote:

I really like this cave one with the rainbow stream. Very psychedelic.

ControlledChaos wrote:

These hallways are a great representation of what one can see while on DMT for sure.

As a graphic designer, I find 99 percent of AI art to be kind of lazy, dull and boring. Once you've used it a lot and you've seen other people's AI generations, they all start to look the same.

As Void states, you can sift through those threads and get an idea of how some people feel about AI. Some people are extremely sensitive to it's existence because of how it sources artwork from thousands of unnamed and uncredited artists, and question the morality of it's functionality.

Myself on the other hand believes the situation will course correct itself. I mean it will get to the point where the average person will be able to pick out AI art from real artists art, it's not that difficult. Heck, even during the Renaissance people were making fake art, copy cats, replica's etc, and people could tell back then.

But I have used it a lot, and if you figure out how to manipulate the AI to source artwork styles that fit what you're trying to replicate, it can get pretty close.

I don't think anyone should be paid to create AI art, but I don't see the problem in messing around with it for fun. I'm excited for the first versions of Video AI art where you can take any video and apply wild art styles to it. I have made over 250 videos in the last 20 years, and it will be fun to load in some of my videos to see what I can do with them. Like a skateboarding video I made that I can add a rotoscoping effect to. That would be awesome, because rotoscoping takes HUNDREDS of hours just to do a minute or two, depending on how many FPS you are doing and how intricate the art is.

I remember seeing these Foo Dogs guarding a temple that had wild faces and politely ushered me out of the DMT realm because I was drunk when I smoalked. And it wasn't exactly like this, but it's very very very close. I made this in Photoshop from scratch, sourcing the foo dog mask image at least.

Attached, was me trying to replicate what I saw on DMT regarding the foo dogs, but I couldn't get very close. It sure does help having it as a tool though!

My opinions on the issue of AI art on the Nexus change daily but they seem to be evolving to my conclusion that it's more or less annoying as it clutters the space here.

I think it would be cool to encourage anyone to upload AI art along with their Trip Reports but other than that it's just boring.

Toshido attached the following image(s):
Foo Dogs.png (1,510kb) downloaded 237 time(s).
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

ControlledChaos
#4 Posted : 3/19/2023 4:16:25 AM

Nature is analog, ever flowing and continuous; spontaneous transfers of energy weaving in and out of dimensions, radiating outwards from the source- a non repeating, non terminating system of perpetual energy

widderic wrote:
ControlledChaos wrote:

I really like this cave one with the rainbow stream. Very psychedelic.

ControlledChaos wrote:

These hallways are a great representation of what one can see while on DMT for sure.

As a graphic designer, I find 99 percent of AI art to be kind of lazy, dull and boring. Once you've used it a lot and you've seen other people's AI generations, they all start to look the same.

As Void states, you can sift through those threads and get an idea of how some people feel about AI. Some people are extremely sensitive to it's existence because of how it sources artwork from thousands of unnamed and uncredited artists, and question the morality of it's functionality.

Myself on the other hand believes the situation will course correct itself. I mean it will get to the point where the average person will be able to pick out AI art from real artists art, it's not that difficult. Heck, even during the Renaissance people were making fake art, copy cats, replica's etc, and people could tell back then.

But I have used it a lot, and if you figure out how to manipulate the AI to source artwork styles that fit what you're trying to replicate, it can get pretty close.

I don't think anyone should be paid to create AI art, but I don't see the problem in messing around with it for fun. I'm excited for the first versions of Video AI art where you can take any video and apply wild art styles to it. I have made over 250 videos in the last 20 years, and it will be fun to load in some of my videos to see what I can do with them. Like a skateboarding video I made that I can add a rotoscoping effect to. That would be awesome, because rotoscoping takes HUNDREDS of hours just to do a minute or two, depending on how many FPS you are doing and how intricate the art is.

I remember seeing these Foo Dogs guarding a temple that had wild faces and politely ushered me out of the DMT realm because I was drunk when I smoalked. And it wasn't exactly like this, but it's very very very close. I made this in Photoshop from scratch, sourcing the foo dog mask image at least.

Attached, was me trying to replicate what I saw on DMT regarding the foo dogs, but I couldn't get very close. It sure does help having it as a tool though!

I wasn't aware there was any kind of controversy surrounding AI art. Each picture it generates seems to follow my prompt well enough that it seems like a unique enough picture to me. Takes some messing around but I've found I can make it create just about anything I imagine. And if I can't do it in one image I'll make several to put more details into a part and then splice them into an image together. I think with the AI art skill isn't really the point, and to share it isn't to boast about any kind of skill. I just find seeing my visions I have in my head come to fruition so beautifully like this so awesome that I wanted to share with everybody because these pictures are kinda out of my artistic imagination. I acknowledge that it didn't take much skill to make, but that isn't the point for me.

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 3/19/2023 4:22:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ControlledChaos wrote:
I wasn't aware there was any kind of controversy surrounding AI art. Each picture it generates seems to follow my prompt well enough that it seems like a unique enough picture to me. Takes some messing around but I've found I can make it create just about anything I imagine. And if I can't do it in one image I'll make several to put more details into a part and then splice them into an image together. I think with the AI art skill isn't really the point, and to share it isn't to boast about any kind of skill. I just find seeing my visions I have in my head come to fruition so beautifully like this so awesome that I wanted to share with everybody because these pictures are kinda out of my artistic imagination. I acknowledge that it didn't take much skill to make, but that isn't the point for me.

I respect your rationale and intent, as well as perspective. I just thought it be best to keep you informed on what's been discussed here on the topicSmile

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Toshido
#6 Posted : 3/19/2023 4:38:54 AM

Research & Development

ControlledChaos wrote:

I get that, and you're not doing anything wrong. I just encourage that you read through both of those threads and educate yourself with how other people think, as it's currently a controversial issue and it will better prepare you for a future discussion you might have with someone, as there were things I did not even consider until presented with other's thoughts on the matter.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

ControlledChaos
#7 Posted : 3/19/2023 5:15:57 AM

My intention with this thread is not to exhibit any kind of skill, but moreso to discuss the images themselves, because I believe they did achieve the visions I had in my head of them. So I'd just like to see if anybody else has seen similar things. Or if you like any particular aesthetic in this or have questions about my thought process behind something. I just love talking about art.

f1
#8 Posted : 3/19/2023 5:46:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ControlledChaos wrote:
has allowed me to finally depict some of my Ayahuasca visions to you all accurately, things I never would have been able to show so vividly if I didn't have this app.

Hi CC! Big grin

Great to see you harnessing all this wild creativity flowing Thumbs up

You say, "never" maybe you could / we all could keep working on our drawing and other mixed media mediums to achieve the impossible. Personally, I think best is blackpaper with Sakura gellyroll pens, gives one instant capture abilities without any phones or computers Thumbs up

I've tried to get it to make things i've seen and struggled, I did make some dmt-nexus lexicon entities in anime styles with decent results, something ill keep trying.

CC, do you mostly drink aya, over vaping spice? I've only ever brewed a few times; would love to boil some up soon!

Thanks for the share!

People near the portals are very trippy, not something ive seen but yeah I can see it.

I really like the rainbow bioluminescence stream underground, never seen that concept!

Jeweled wizrd garments are stunning! Love

- Widdi; love dem mirror dragons! following Jeremy Narby's hypothesis, they are the cosmic serpent(s), DNA taking the form of serpents and dragons while emiting the trip as loving grace.

I enjoyed slowing down, reading this thread and enjoying the images Thumbs up

CC, have you tried Sakura pens, blackpaper and blue/uv light?

Love
In the dance of astral hyperspace, we learn, grow, and connect. Here's to our shared journey through the cosmic tapestry! ✨🌌

Toshido
#9 Posted : 3/19/2023 1:25:52 PM

Research & Development

Well now I need to know about Sakura Gel Pens. As I also love to draw and try to stay away from computers whilst hallucinating, with the exception of drum machines and synthesizers.

ControlledChaos
#10 Posted : 3/22/2023 12:38:32 AM

This thread shouldn't have been moved. Why? Because this isn't a thread about science, it's a thread about the aesthetics of a DMT trip and different art styles. I was going to use the thread to showcase pictures that depict Lovecraft's Dreamlands because many haven't been illustrated much and the AI was able to create things described in those books. I wanted to use it to depict things I imagined when listening to music. That isn't just about art, but also literature and music. The only thing scientific about this thread is the use of the AI to make the images. It does use something which is an innovation of science, but that's about the extent of the association.

The mod that moved it unilaterally, 'Bill Cypher', is in several other threads regarding the AI generated art denigrating it and calling it 'stolen art mashed together'. I would argue that if the prompt used to generate the image is sufficiently imaginative it should yield a very unique images that fundamentally transform any aspect of it that could have been 'stolen'. And when art is fundamentally transformed, wouldn't you call that 'fair use'? I made it explicitly clear that it was AI generated and made my intent with the thread very clear. But this mod didn't even try to discuss it or warn o anything. In fact, he didn't even comment on the thread. He cared enough to arbitrarily move it but not enough to actually explain his decision. That to me, seems like a decision based on pretentions and bias.

I also find it interesting that the science forum is not only far less relevant to my intent with the thread, but also has far less people looking at it on any given moment, almost like this mod wanted to quietly sabotage my thread.

So for those reasons I request that this decision be reverted and my thread be put back in its rightful place. If this isn't done I might feel that this forum has moderation based on arbitrary feelings and biases, and stop using the forum.

Voidmatrix
#11 Posted : 3/22/2023 12:49:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How do you know Bill moved this thread. My guess is that it was another mod (the same mod that moved the other AI art thread to the 'Science' subforum).

Cool your jets a little.

I'll look into it for you.

One love

Edit:

ControlledChaos wrote:
If this isn't done I might feel that this forum has moderation based on arbitrary feelings and biases, and stop using the forum.

And us mods are humans too, and naturally have biases though we do try to mitigate them and keep them out of where they shouldn't be, we aren't perfect.

Edit: And this is the kind of thing I was trying to give you a heads-up about...

ControlledChaos
#12 Posted : 3/22/2023 1:06:08 AM

ControlledChaos wrote:
This thread shouldn't have been moved. Why? Because this isn't a thread about science, it's a thread about the aesthetics of a DMT trip and different art styles. I was going to use the thread to showcase pictures that depict Lovecraft's Dreamlands because many haven't been illustrated much and the AI was able to create things described in those books. I wanted to use it to depict things I imagined when listening to music. That isn't just about art, but also literature and music. The only thing scientific about this thread is the use of the AI to make the images. It does use something which is an innovation of science, but that's about the extent of the association.

The mod that moved it unilaterally, 'Bill Cypher', is in several other threads regarding the AI generated art denigrating it and calling it 'stolen art mashed together'. I would argue that if the prompt used to generate the image is sufficiently imaginative it should yield a very unique images that fundamentally transform any aspect of it that could have been 'stolen'. And when art is fundamentally transformed, wouldn't you call that 'fair use'? I made it explicitly clear that it was AI generated and made my intent with the thread very clear. But this mod didn't even try to discuss it or warn o anything. In fact, he didn't even comment on the thread. He cared enough to arbitrarily move it but not enough to actually explain his decision. That to me, seems like a decision based on pretentions and bias.

I also find it interesting that the science forum is not only far less relevant to my intent with the thread, but also has far less people looking at it on any given moment, almost like this mod wanted to quietly sabotage my thread.

So for those reasons I request that this decision be reverted and my thread be put back in its rightful place. If this isn't done I might feel that this forum has moderation based on arbitrary feelings and biases, and stop using the forum.

I received something in my inbox here saying that Bill Cypher moved it. The same person people were warning me would at least not like the thread. But moving it seems a bit excessive. Another thing is that his moving it seemed to completely remove it from the "active topics". I'm not sure if it was an effort to sabotage the thread, but it sure had that effect. I first found he moved it by noticing it wasn't in active topics actually.

Voidmatrix
#13 Posted : 3/22/2023 1:12:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok thank you for that clarification.

Now, I'll provide you with some. In that action he was following the lead of another mod who was the first to move and "AI art" thread to the science subforum.

I understand, respect, and appreciate your feelings, but I kindly ask that you do not talk about other members in the community that you have a problem with in the way that you have. You got a PM from him, you could've PMed him back. But instead, you're talking about him poorly here and in the chat. That's not how members handle their grievances here.

If you have an issue, first take it up in private before you decide to make it public... For example, you could've reached out to me with your issue.

I have already brought this particular instance up with the other mods and you will be notified as to the decision.

One love

Voidmatrix
#14 Posted : 3/22/2023 1:28:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just noticed what you added in post 12.

The topics listed under "Active" are the ones that have been responded to the most recently, in descending order. Moving your thread would not have moved it from the active topics list. If a number of posts occur in other subforums that aren't in the Welcome Area are made in other topics before yours then yours is moved down and off the list.

It's active now however...

One love

ControlledChaos
#15 Posted : 3/22/2023 1:34:29 AM

Voidmatrix wrote:
Ok thank you for that clarification.

Now, I'll provide you with some. In that action he was following the lead of another mod who was the first to move and "AI art" thread to the science subforum.

I understand, respect, and appreciate your feelings, but I kindly ask that you do not talk about other members in the community that you have a problem with in the way that you have. You got a PM from him, you could've PMed him back. But instead, you're talking about him poorly here and in the chat. That's not how members handle their grievances here.

If you have an issue, first take it up in private before you decide to make it public... For example, you could've reached out to me with your issue.

I have already brought this particular instance up with the other mods and you will be notified as to the decision.

One love

Yes, perhaps I have reacted a bit too strongly here. I did believe that moving it was an overreaction and assumed malice from the mod on a snap judgement. I was also pretty enthusiastic about that thread so seeing it changed upset me. But I should have tried talking to him privately about it. So I apologize to him and the forum. I do not want to be a source of bad vibes. That's not what DMT is about after all.

ControlledChaos
#16 Posted : 3/22/2023 1:54:38 AM

So, I generated this based on the city of 'Aira' as described in 'the quest of Iranon' by hp Lovecraft, in this excerpt-

"“I remember the twilight, the moon, and soft songs, and the window where I was rocked to sleep. And through the window was the street where the golden lights came, and where the shadows danced on houses of marble. I remember the square of moonlight on the floor, that was not like any other light, and the visions that danced in the moonbeams when my mother sang to me. And too, I remember the sun of morning bright above the many-coloured hills in summer, and the sweetness of flowers borne on the south wind that made the trees sing.
“O Aira, city of marble and beryl, how many are thy beauties! How loved I the warm and fragrant groves across the hyaline Nithra, and the falls of the tiny Kra that flowed through the verdant valley! In those groves and in that vale the children wove wreaths for one another, and at dusk I dreamed strange dreams under the yath-trees on the mountain as I saw below me the lights of the city, and the curving Nithra reflecting a ribbon of stars.
“And in the city were palaces of veined and tinted marble, with golden domes and painted walls, and green gardens with cerulean pools and crystal fountains. Often I played in the gardens and waded in the pools, and lay and dreamed among the pale flowers under the trees. And sometimes at sunset I would climb the long hilly street to the citadel and the open place, and look down upon Aira, the magic city of marble and beryl, splendid in a robe of golden flame.
“Long have I missed thee, Aira, for I was but young when we went into exile; but my father was thy King and I shall come again to thee, for it is so decreed of Fate. All through seven lands have I sought thee, and some day shall I reign over thy groves and gardens, thy streets and palaces, and sing to men who shall know whereof I sing, and laugh not nor turn away. For I am Iranon, who was a Prince in Aira.”

Voidmatrix
#17 Posted : 3/22/2023 2:03:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ControlledChaos wrote:
Yes, perhaps I have reacted a bit too strongly here. I did believe that moving it was an overreaction and assumed malice from the mod on a snap judgement. I was also pretty enthusiastic about that thread so seeing it changed upset me. But I should have tried talking to him privately about it. So I apologize to him and the forum. I do not want to be a source of bad vibes. That's not what DMT is about after all.

Now I don't why you'd lose any enthusiasm; thread is still open and waiting for people to discuss. Love

I appreciate your understanding, and again, I am looking into this for you.

Also, you tend to have a pretty great vibe, so it's hard to imagine a truly bad vibe from you.

One love

ControlledChaos
#18 Posted : 3/22/2023 2:10:50 AM

Voidmatrix wrote:
ControlledChaos wrote:

Now I don't why you'd lose any enthusiasm; thread is still open and waiting for people to discuss. Love

I appreciate your understanding, and again, I am looking into this for you.

Also, you tend to have a pretty great vibe, so it's hard to imagine a truly bad vibe from you.

One love

Thanks. I am getting some pretty big ideas of things I could do with this technology. That Lovecraft based one I just posted is kinda a snippet of that. I'm thinking of doing the entire Lovecraft dream cycle like that. For some reason, listening to the music of Franz Schubert has really got my mind going in a fantastical direction. I just found that composer and he's great... Might make a thread on him. Anyway here's something it got me to make-

RhythmSpring
#19 Posted : 3/22/2023 1:18:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You say AI, I say other people's art cleverly chucked into an algorithm without compensation

"Oh it's just robots!"

No, it's lots of human labor disguised as robots.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Bill Cipher
#20 Posted : 3/22/2023 2:31:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

...and that's why the thread was moved.

BECAUSE IT ISN'T ART.

No one was singled out here. The thread was moved in accordance with a joint mod team decision to relocate all spammy AI posts to the science subsection. The OP got a courtesy notification PM, so end of story; there was nothing more to communicate.

123NEXT»