We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Earthly Delights Options

lutruwita
#1 Posted : 3/16/2023 10:35:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm so glad this forum exists to share knowledge and help people find what their seeking.

What began as a curious fear 2 years ago quickly became a delightful friendship. DMT journeys have always been deeply grounding, sure it's the wildest visionary experience ever, but it always leaves one feeling more at home in mind and body and closer to the world and people around. We've reached the point now where it is very familiar, though not beyond surprise, behind every door seems to be more to love, or at least learn from, even dark aspects of self can be observed and confronted in a bedrock of love.

Vaped many times but now exploring the harmalas, and ready to try some oral trips when the time is right.

Began by reading through lots of the teks, and assimilated the knowledge, collected the things, first extraction went so well, apart from pouring saturated solvent into an open sep funnel followed by a very good smell (1.2% yield from acacia acuminata after recryst from hexane), and recently after 2 failed attempts had great success with the Tao of Syrian Rue (~3% yield light tan powder). Currently exploring THH conversion.

I have been collecting wild Psilocybe mushrooms for about 10 years now and take a micro-dose on a semi-regular basis, when required. It's been a great tool for focus and generally helps me behave with integrity I think. I'm keen to try aspects of cultivation this year.

I enjoy all this so much but it's all tinged by the fear of "THE LAW" - what a shame, what a farce, what a joke it is.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Pandora
#2 Posted : 3/16/2023 12:45:04 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

lutruwita,

Welcome to the Nexus. Very happy

I really enjoyed reading your introduction essay and really appreciate the fact that you took your time to do your research and did your own extraction and have done some experimenting.

The oral DMT trip realm is quite something and well worth exploring in my opinion. I have found a lot of healing as well as harrowing (that turned into profound healing) experiences there.

I've recently started microdosing mushrooms myself and am really enjoying the benefits. I was glad to read how much it has benefited you and look forward to my future with this practice.

Again I felt that was a great introduction and I sincerely look forward to seeing you around. A warm welcome to you.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Orion
#3 Posted : 3/16/2023 2:40:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quite a good introduction, welcome !

You seem to be soaking up information like a sponge. Looks like you have a good amount of experience with DMT already and it's great to see you had a very fruitful extraction from acuminata. Don't be shy about sharing your experience with extracting from it. And your experiences with the extract itself, of course.

You should absolutely grow your own mushrooms, of all kinds. You will certainly boost your collection. And your mind.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

lutruwita
#4 Posted : 3/16/2023 11:25:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Pandora and Orion for the warm welcome, the days of dark forums where strangers collect to discuss the occult is not dead it seems. Rejoice!

Planning to do another 300g extraction of the acuminata soon, and would like to document the process thoroughly and post here. In the first run I roughly followed a guide on r/dmtguide that specified use of acuminata, in the base step it had me adding 125g of NaCl, and 150g of NaOH, in solutions which totalled 2L when added to the reduced vinegar/water pulls on 500g of bark. Scaled all this for 300g. After extracting with Shellite (Naptha) and first crystallization I had 6g(!) of white crystal crown clusters that had a distinct NaOH/DMT aroma.

Dissolved in hexane, and after washing with NaCO3 solution and distilled water, and after spilling perhaps 1/6th out of the sep funnel (curses) the recrystallisation was 3g, half the amount.

Now I'm not complaining as I am certain this is some seriously pure DMT, however I think the original Tek uses too much NaOH or the NaCl is crashing out or is pushing NaOH out, or NaCl and/or NaOH do not scale linearly, as it was definetly quite contaminated after the first run, fooling me into thinking I had achieved 100% theoretically yield 1st try (the arrogance!). Also some DMT might have gone into the aqueous layers when washing.

Having now run the Tao of Rue a few times I feel much better equipped to understand the basing step. I will add NaOH by eye and by PH reading next time. What are thoughts on adding NaCl?

The other mystery that alludes me for now is seperating harmine/harmaline. After many manske, the final HCl mix crystallised out of clear yellow solution, and was a golden yellow/light orange. An amount in mild acetic solution was based with NaCl to 8.75 filtered, and further based to 12, the latter filtrate yielded a measly 120mg, that had the same light tan appearance (not yellow) and also glowed aqua to UV in acidic solution. Is it possible the seeds didn't contain much if any harmaline or have I been discarding it accidentally along the way? Or some other explanation. I will try extraction on a different source in the future but for now I'm considering proceeding with THH conversion on some earlier 'unseperated' product input aside, as seen in GordoTEKs video.

As well as this forum I've been learning from some great books, tihkal/pihkal, organic chem lab survival, food of the gods, moksha, the nature of drugs, and lucky to have a friend who's been interested in this subject for a couple of decades with mamy more reads lined up, any recommendations?

I enjoy the feeling of awakening of an inner alchemist that this all brings about, almost as much as the experiences them selves. It's part and parcel and it feels right, much different to the shady whispers of deals and unknown pills and powers.

Having already invested a bit in materials and tools for extraction, will try some low cost cupboard teks, but also inspired by a video by North Spore (YouTube) in which he demonstrated wild farming mycelium outdoors. Will attempt this type of thing with subaeruginosa as the season is near and a friend has alluded to knowing some absolutely abundant locations! Love the idea of being a mushroom elf going around and spreading the mycelium. Any thoughts on this?

I'm guessing there are better places to put these reports and questions but consider it an appendix to the essay.

abecedarian
#5 Posted : 3/16/2023 11:44:29 PM

∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ęRhe✟ori© ABe©eDarian $✞ȉllĨn✞hę©®@✟ę

Welcome to the forums lutruwita.

I will definitely say that after using vaped or smoked dmt many times you might find ayahuasca or pharmahuasca to be just what you need for an extended time in that zone from within which some good work can be done. It has helped me a ton. I've smoked a lot of it too but I really needed the oral experience to help with the progress I've made.
I'm a man from a place with hands and a face. Part of the heart of the human race. It illuminates. ∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ę®ȉ©