We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What in tha funky feet did I get Options

NeitherHere
#1 Posted : 3/8/2023 11:00:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[I checked my acrb I got.][MOD EDIT: NO SOURCING TALK] Upon opening the sealed bag I was hit with... month old gym socks odor. The bark itself seems to be of good/okay quality. There's a few peices that look as if they have moss growth (Hawaiian origin)
Is this normal?

I froze/thawed the material 3x in about 1hour (my freezer is INTENSE) then i ground the shreds even finer. Placed contents Ina. Wide pint mason jar and brought the ph to 3.5~ with tap water and 5% acetic acid (vinegar).
I don't have the time/ ability to do an acid boil at the moment so I'm going to let it soak in the acid solution until I get back from work in a few hours 5-6~.
I'm planning on following cybs max ion loosely. I don't need copious amounts to begin with, honestly I'm a little intimidated and would rather take my time. Can I just do pull by pull and allow the bark to sit in the basified solution and take my pulls as needed or is this a time sensitive step doing the pulls after basification. Im not trying to dedicate another closet to projects like I had to so with my colony lol
"Get the message, hang up the phone" ~ some old hippie probably

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

abecedarian
#2 Posted : 3/8/2023 11:17:29 PM

∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ęRhe✟ori© ABe©eDarian $✞ȉllĨn✞hę©®@✟ę

Has the ACRB been thoroughly dried prior to [sealing]? The odor you describe tends to happen when something is trapped with moisture for a period of time instead of thoroughly dried from fresh.

Both my MHRBs and my ACRBs have only had non-offending woody odors, sometimes with a faint touch of that yellow dmt smell to it. (Which has usually been my first hint that I got a new batch of potent stuff.) Month old gym socks odor does not sound normal to me, but it doesn't mean you can't extract the goods out from tainted stuff. I personally would definitely not use it for ayahuasca type tea as I'd fear what'd be in my tea. I would however extract it with naphtha.

If stored in sealed containers that can tolerate it there's nothing wrong with doing subsequent pulls at a no-rush pace, though it is possible you'll eventually want to somehow get it back to the 1st pull's temperature for ease of extracting.

I'm a man from a place with hands and a face. Part of the heart of the human race. It illuminates. ∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ę®ȉ©

NeitherHere
#3 Posted : 3/9/2023 12:59:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Now that you mention [I did hear] about inclamate weather and that they had some reserve stock in a covered awning. They also mentioned that they prefer to air dry so I'm assuming this odor is a combination of all of these factors. I just wanted to confirm I'm not going to make myself sick analyzing the end material. Thanks for your reply I was actually pretty off put when I got hit with foot odor 😅 [NO SOURCING!]

NeitherHere
#4 Posted : 3/9/2023 5:42:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Being the impatient overcontrolling soul I tend to be I did my extraction in rapid succession. Evaporating a sample of the dmt laden naptha over a hot water bath produced a very very light yellow oil.during the bath a few drops of water invaded my dish so I opted to dry using 99% ipa. I took the dried material and scraped it up with a key card slathering it onto my "machine('s) copper bed. Trip report to follow. My first ever CEV and they were rather intense but manageable. The funky feet smell was remedied by drying my bark over a dehydrator for a few hours. I revacuum sealed it for storage. So if your bark smells like athlete's foot.... dry it harder lol

Thank you for checking out my post and the guidance ♡

BobDobbs
#5 Posted : 3/10/2023 3:23:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My guess is that whatever DMT that material contained is still in-tact.