We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Proper Cell Lysis? Options

Toshido
#1 Posted : 3/8/2023 3:50:47 PM

Research & Development

I've been patiently gathering extraction data by changing only one variable at a time using this tek... Widderic's Tek

Here are my findings so far.

Does this look normal in terms of yield changes?

According to Cybs Max Ion

Cyb wrote:
Freeze Thaw

Cover your plant material with filtered water.
{Preferably powdered but with as much surface area
as possible}

The ionic strength is then certain to be higher inside
the cells and they will absorb a lot more of the water
by diffusion. Filtered water has a higher ionic
strength than other types.

Heat this mixture lightly for about an hour
This is to soften the cell walls and allow for
maximum water build up inside the cell walls.

This is then to be frozen and thawed several
times.(x3)

This will cause the already swollen cells to burst and
free the alkaloids from within them.

From my findings, you can see I am using 250mL water and 50g powdered MHRB. I place that in a 1000mL beaker, mix well, and cover with cling wrap before introducing to a freezer at -17 degrees celsius (lowest my freezer goes) for 24 hours. I then take it out to thaw on it's own over the course of 6 hours before beginning my extraction, where I then add the beaker to a hotplate and heat to 70C, before adding 50mL vinegar. It stays at 70C for 45min before introducing the saline solution, heating for another 15 minutes before straining and basifying.

Only difference is I'm using distilled water instead of filtered, and I'm not preheating before freezing and thawing.

(Cybs says to use filtered water and to heat your soup before freezing it)

I should just get a Sonicator.

🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

wattlez
#2 Posted : 3/9/2023 3:45:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Appreciate the documentation!!!

Is it all from the same batch of bark in one order?
I <3 WATTLEZ

Toshido
#3 Posted : 3/9/2023 2:57:48 PM

Research & Development

wattlez wrote:
Appreciate the documentation!!!

Is it all from the same batch of bark in one order?

Yes all from same batch.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 3/10/2023 2:33:49 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

10× freeze/thaw sounds like a PITA Laughing How confident are you about the accuracy of your weighing? You'd want to do several repeats of the suspected higher-yielding OCD freeze thaw cycling just to make sure it wasn't, say, a random hot spot in the bark sample.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Toshido
#5 Posted : 3/10/2023 4:29:58 PM

Research & Development

downwardsfromzero wrote:
10× freeze/thaw sounds like a PITA Laughing How confident are you about the accuracy of your weighing? You'd want to do several repeats of the suspected higher-yielding OCD freeze thaw cycling just to make sure it wasn't, say, a random hot spot in the bark sample.

I measure exactly 50g powdered MHRB from the same 1000g containing bag. SO it should be mixed as thoroughly as it possibly can. I have a kitchen scale, a gram scale, and milligram scale so I haven't deviated from any of my suspected weights.

But yeah 10x freeze thaw lol it's too much!

Going to repeat again today as I have freeze thawed a bunch. I will keep you in the loop.