We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT Poetry by a Grad Student in Nevada Options

Fluorescent Leaf
#1 Posted : 3/6/2023 3:46:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is a poem I wrote about DMT:

Eternal damnation?
Or the right...
to teleportation!
I want to become...
myself.
Here I am pining,
my fluorescent green elf.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Pandora
#2 Posted : 3/6/2023 5:45:33 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hello Flourescent Leaf,

Welcome to the Nexus and thank you for sharing your poetry.

It definitely has a DMT vibe about it.

Would you be willing to share more about yourself? Tell us a bit about who you are, what brings you here, your entheogenic experience . . . you know things like that? And of course, more DMT poems if you have them . . .

Have you done much DMT? Done your own extraction? Do you smoke or drink?

Your poetry is informative but I would love to hear a prose description of what you think of this most amazing of molecules.

Glad to have read your introduction and looking forward to learning more about our new poet member.

-Pandora
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Fluorescent Leaf
#3 Posted : 3/9/2023 10:08:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dear Pandora,

Thank you fellow member, and fellow living organism, for welcoming me into the community! I appreciate your communication.

Homemade drugs are undoubtedly the keys to the kingdom. Let freedom ring for all homegrown chemists! I am one of such. In my tiny luxury apartment, I haven't done my first extraction yet, but I make easier things, by myself. I'm slowly but surely preparing to do my first DMT extraction, without rushing into it.

I have more to say, of course, but today I have prior engagements. I hope to write some thicker paragraphs for you and the rest of the community before the end of the weekend.

Better living through chemistry!
Fluorescent Leaf

abecedarian
#4 Posted : 3/10/2023 12:40:30 PM

∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ęRhe✟ori© ABe©eDarian $✞ȉllĨn✞hę©®@✟ę

Good job.

I've written a lot of poetry, lyrics, and raps on ayahuasca and dmt myself. I've found it to help me do so.

Welcome to the Nexus Fluorescent Leaf.
I'm a man from a place with hands and a face. Part of the heart of the human race. It illuminates. ∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ę®ȉ©

Fluorescent Leaf
#5 Posted : 3/12/2023 12:21:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello my wonderful DMT Nexus Members,

I look forward to finally doing my first extraction, but not in the near future, and definitely not in this apartment. This apartment is too small for me, and I have so much stuff. Material possessions, I mean. Yesterday I made a promise to myself not to let any solvents in the front door. It would be really bad judgment. The square footage of the apartment is just too small. It would be a recipe for disaster. No solvents in this apartment. Naphtha, hexane, lye, etc, will have to wait patiently. In the meantime, I’m enjoying my home chemistry that doesn’t require solvents.

Besides, I have insufficient experience smoking DMT to start doing DMT extractions. I’ve been in the DMT scene a lot, and have read everything I could read about it for years now. I’ve tried LSD, MDA, MDMA, and mescaline, and different species of Psilocybes, all of them multiple times, but ironically, I’ve only smoked DMT once, which was back in December, and now it’s March. It was good, I experienced mild visuals, and I fell asleep tripping, which was the best part.

It wasn’t those beautiful, clear crystals. It was yellow, sticky DMT, which as most of you know, is full of fats and oils. An extraction gone wrong. At the end of Step 3 in one of his books, Strike says, “Do not let it get too cold because DMT is not soluble in ice-cold naphtha. You don’t, however, want to let it get too warm either, because then you may get sticky or yellow DMT full of fats and oils. Swim finds that the temperature on any normal day is fine, and only uses a heater or warm water bath when it is very cold. This heat must not make the container warm; it just must not be cold. The temperature is important as Swim says that people who heat MHRB too much almost always get yellow or sticky DMT”.

With my extractor making that mistake that Strike is talking about, I ended up with yellow, sticky DMT that was certainly better than nothing, but I didn’t get the proper blast off I’ve been wanting. No surprise! When I finally have the pure DMT I want, which I’ve been offered in the distant past, but it wasn’t the right time/place/person, I will definitely be excited to try it and share my experiences with the DMT Nexus community. It’s terribly ironic that I read all the books I have about DMT, which was a number of books; I’ve been around DMT people a lot, and the day still hasn’t come when I’m enjoying elves, machines, and the other things I want to see. I’m a very intense person, so the more intense my first trip with pure DMT will be, the better. That DMT poem I made was the result of all the reading I did. Abecedarian, thank you for welcoming me into the community. I look forward to reading more of your poetry, raps, lyrics, etc.

Fluorescent Leaf

Pandora
#6 Posted : 3/12/2023 2:53:37 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Fluorescent Leaf,

I 100% respect what you are saying about your living situation. Having said that you might want to take a look at the Extraction teks in the Wiki. Some of them use strictly food safe ingredients. Things like vinegar, calcium carbonate, d-limonene. Just something to think about.

If you could somehow become your own extractor I think a lot of your issues might quickly resolve.

Appreciate your sharing.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

abecedarian
#7 Posted : 3/12/2023 9:49:01 PM

∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ęRhe✟ori© ABe©eDarian $✞ȉllĨn✞hę©®@✟ę

Fluorescent Leaf; Nothing wrong with making ayahuasca brews on stove in cooking pots while not having space to fully extract. I make and use regular ayahuasca even while having pure stuff on hand, as I feel it's beneficial to me.
I'm a man from a place with hands and a face. Part of the heart of the human race. It illuminates. ∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ę®ȉ©

compulsimple
#8 Posted : 3/16/2023 6:56:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi Fluorescent Leaf, Pandora, and Abecedarian. If poetry is your personal love like it is mine then I personally recommend you should look into the work of beat generation poets. The beat generation was a subculture movement started by poets in the 1940's and 50's who rebelled against mainstream American life and writing. Generally there is a lot to love about the different poets of this generation but immediately as Ayahuasca lovers I'd recommend looking at The Yage Letters Redux by William S. Burroughs (under the pseudonym William Lee). It details letters shared between William Burroughs and between Allen Ginsberg while he was in the Amazon searching for Yage (Ayahuasca).

I'd recommend reading Allen Ginsberg, Anne Waldman, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Diane Di Prima, and many others. I think the four I list here are my favorited though. Ferlinghetti is possibly my top favorite poet. I actually discovered who the beat generation is during a Psylocybin experience when I learned that Ferlinghetti passed away from watching a democracy now headline on youtube which out of curiosity caused me to stumble on a celebration interview remembering Ferlinghetti when he turned 100 (i think i got that right? I'll share relevant links from democracy now archives at another time when I have the free time if any of you are interested)

If you would like to you can find a lot of information and interviews on democracynow.org . When you search for something like this on these figures through Democracy Now make sure to filter by relevance and not by date. Otherwise you'll only yield the most recent content and much of the archived stuff you'd want is a little more relevant in the early 2000's such as memorial services and stuff so...

I do love poetry quite a lot though. I think we could start a collaboration with other poets on the Nexus who'd want to contribute to a psychedelic poetry collaboration. I don't think it should strictly be DMT and Ayahuasca related though because there's lots of people here who love psylocybin and Trichocereus/mescaline