We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
The 3 Hour Purge (4 g ACRB/3 g Syrian rue trip report) Options

ControlledChaos
#1 Posted : 2/1/2023 3:38:48 AM

Nature is analog, ever flowing and continuous; spontaneous transfers of energy weaving in and out of dimensions, radiating outwards from the source- a non repeating, non terminating system of perpetual energy

Last night I successfully brewed and tested my first ever DMT/Harmala brew, comprising of Syrian Rue I purchased and ACRB that I harvested. This was not my first time drinking this type of brew, but it was the first I made myself. Mind you I didn't harvest it in a forest but there was an ornamental Acacia Confusa at a public park that was fallen and uprooted from a storm. Since it was dead there was no reason not to go for the root bark, so I got around 150-200 g of it total and shredded up the nicest parts. My Syrian Rue I simply bought.

Since the ACRB was of dubious origin being not from a vendor but harvested from a random location that I chanced upon, I felt I needed to make my first tea as easy as possible in preparation. So I got 3 grams of rue and just boiled it down for about 30 minutes, then did the same for the ACRB except for an hour after I shredded the bark more finely. I poured each into their own separate mug and drank down the Syrian rue.

Now, I thought the bad taste of Syrian Rue was maybe overblown because people said similar things about traditional Ayahuasca and I actually liked it. But I'd say they were on the money for this one. That was one of the worst things I've ever tasted. I waited 30 minutes before drinking my Acacia tea. The Acacia tea was actually alright, though the red hue of the tea was a bit intimidating. I drank up and sat in my room with a bucket.

For a second, I actually thought I wasn't gonna purge… oh how wrong I was. When I entered the DMT/Aya headspace and those all too familiar buzzing noises started up, I felt both nervous and relieved. My ACRB was good after all, but I wasn't sure how strong it was going to be. There's a certain smell/taste you can sense in your throat and even feel mentally in a synthesesia sort of way. It's hard to describe but it's very distinct and I always associated it with my buzzing sound I always hear on this sort of thing. Feels really earthy and natural but kind of alien and insectisoid too. My answer to how strong this trip would be came when I viscerally began purging half my ACRB tea, though the DMT had already began working. The Syrian Rue was beginning to hit.

Now, I've had purges before. I've even purged my guts out in my first Aya trip. But even then, there was space to just sit with the DMT before I had to deal with that again. Tonight's purge was unrelenting with not much time between purges, and the purge went on well past the acute DMT effects. I don't know if it's because I've only had caapi or what, but Syrian Rue is seeming incredibly harsh to me right now with the taste and how much I purged from it. The result of this near-constant purging was a very meandering and unfocused trip compared to my previous ones.

Don't get me wrong, the DMT definitely had messages to give me. I almost immediately began conversing with either an outside entity or just a smarter version of me that unlocks in this space. Through the brutal purge I still unpacked a lot of different things and reviewed what I could have done differently since my last sitting with Aya, and I still got little vignettes of beautiful closer eye visual shows. But nothing ever stayed on topic because as soon as I got onto a good stream of dialogue the feeling of needing to purge started back up and I would lose track. The silver lining is that the trip covered a lot of ground due to its lack of focus, though perhaps not as in depth as usual. There was a broad spectrum of thoughts to marinate on and integrate. Another silver lining was that it really did feel like it pulled out all the nasty things that could have been sitting in my gut since my last session, and I feel somewhat refreshed now.

The visual component of this trip was classic DMT (for me anyway). Flowing, patterned, ornate, intricate, contrasting, crystalline, infrared, ultraviolet, twisting, changing. A common one was this translucent rainbow colored glass liquid that would flow into these different beautiful forms. Sometimes there would be a grid pattern as other shapes and figures twinkled and manifested themselves into the picture. It had a lot of strikingly contrasting multicolored lights against the dark background of my closed eyes. These are the kind of visuals I usually get. I love them very much and it's an aesthetic I yearn for in normal life.

When I inquired to the entity (who appeared male and almost like a sarcastic joking yet helpful uncle figure oddly enough) about why this amount of purge was necessary, and why purging needed to happen at all, it said that the stress that purging puts you under also incentives you to listen to what it has to say. I also thought (more on my own as myself) that after the purge the relief of feeling less nauseous even for a little bit brought on instant euphoria in the context of the DMT trip.

Honestly though, I think even the DMT entity itself kind of wished I used a little less Syrian Rue. This was a helpful trip because Ayahuasca trips always give something. But it's not an experience I plan on repeating and I think this trip would have gone deeper without this much purging. I don't mind some purging but this was a bit over the top. Henceforth, I will not be preparing in this way again, if I can even bring myself to drink rue tea again at all. I know 3 grams is said to be a good amount of Rue, but I definitely think next time I'd want to tone it down to 1-2 g grams and use more ACRB.

I've also seen it suggested here that ACRB itself has things in it that cause purging like tannins, so I might instead either do a tannin removal next time or just extract the DMT and do it pharma style, however that would be my first extraction so I'd need to read up on it a bit. I definitely have access to enough ACRB right now for a pretty hefty amount of DMT and I could always go back and get more.

What do you think, nexians? What can I do to make my Syrian Rue/ACRB tea less terribly nausea inducing? Has anybody else encountered this issue? Thanks for reading as always!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Fridge
#2 Posted : 2/1/2023 4:43:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for sharing! I always wanted to try this myself, but the possible nausea always kept me from doing it. It sounds like you had a rough but beautiful experience!

Maybe try a little less rue next time? Another thing one could try is working with harmala/DMT freebase as I also think the raw plant material can be challenging on your digestive system.

It's pretty cool you harvested your own acacia!
...no need to worry...

_Trip_
#3 Posted : 2/1/2023 6:26:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I say go the pharma route, easier to accurately dose.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

Toshido
#4 Posted : 2/1/2023 7:46:58 AM

Research & Development

ControlledChaos wrote:

The visual component of this trip was classic DMT (for me anyway). Flowing, patterned, ornate, intricate, contrasting, crystalline, infrared, ultraviolet, twisting, changing. A common one was this translucent rainbow colored glass liquid that would flow into these different beautiful forms. Sometimes there would be a grid pattern as other shapes and figures twinkled and manifested themselves into the picture. It had a lot of strikingly contrasting multicolored lights against the dark background of my closed eyes. These are the kind of visuals I usually get. I love them very much and it's an aesthetic I yearn for in normal life.

First of all, great post, I enjoyed reading every bit of it. Well documented.

You sound a lot like me in terms of yearning for the asthetics.

Although I certainly love what DMT has taught me, my favorite thing about it has been to revel it the beauty and absurdity of the visuals. I'm on a quest right now to find some type of concoction that will give me wondrous CEVs that don't also give you a huge body load or head load.

I have had pretty bad anxiety in my older age so longer duration trips have been difficult for me to come to terms with, which is why 10 minutes in Hyper Space from smoking DMT has been my preferred method of travel. I'm just always so sad when the visual spectacle is over...

Have you tried experimenting with anything that is heavier on the visual side and last a bit longer? I'm looking for a 1-2 hour experience. 6-8 is just too long for me, and 10 minutes is but a tease! I'm excited to experiment with harmala rues and dmt for a pharmahuasca.

I look forward to your quest. I just learned extraction in the last 2 months so if you want to pick my brain feel free to PM me or check out my tek that I can currently in the midst of refining. I use some over the top equipment, but there are links at the top of my tek to other peoples teks I pulled from. Hope it helps.

Cheers.

Widderic's A/B Tek
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

Jees
#5 Posted : 2/1/2023 3:42:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

widderic wrote:
...I'm on a quest right now to find some type of concoction that will give me wondrous CEVs that don't also give you a huge body load or head load.... I'm looking for a 1-2 hour experience. 6-8 is just too long for me, and 10 minutes is but a tease!...
Sounds like rectal ROA is right up your alley, ticking all your boxes. 100mg unseparated harmalaHCL + say 50 to 60mg FB deems dissolves nicely in 2ml vinegar + 2 ml water. Two to 3 shots of a 2ml (needless) syringe, the only problem is that initially to hold it in. Best method ever imho, no fear, no body load, no nausea, very clean experience. Too bad it's such a hassle.

dithyramb
#6 Posted : 2/1/2023 4:38:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It is the "acrb" which pushes stomach discomfort and energetic chaos to extremes because of extreme tannin concentration. 3g rue does not do what you describe. I've found some acrb is extremely chaotic even when refined (my method for clearing out tannins was to use eggwhites). Others are ok and pretty grounded compared to chacruna.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Toshido
#7 Posted : 2/1/2023 5:11:25 PM

Research & Development

Jees wrote:
widderic wrote:
...I'm on a quest right now to find some type of concoction that will give me wondrous CEVs that don't also give you a huge body load or head load.... I'm looking for a 1-2 hour experience. 6-8 is just too long for me, and 10 minutes is but a tease!...
Sounds like rectal ROA is right up your alley, ticking all your boxes. 100mg unseparated harmalaHCL + say 50 to 60mg FB deems dissolves nicely in 2ml vinegar + 2 ml water. Two to 3 shots of a 2ml (needless) syringe, the only problem is that initially to hold it in. Best method ever imho, no fear, no body load, no nausea, very clean experience. Too bad it's such a hassle.

What's an ROA? I don't mind boofing if that's my ticket to fun town. Now I need to figure out how to obtain Harmala HCL. 60mg of DMT sounds like a lot... I'm guessing you need more when ingesting as opposed to vaporizing.
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

Jees
#8 Posted : 2/1/2023 6:38:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

widderic wrote:
...What's an ROA? I don't mind boofing if that's my ticket to fun town. Now I need to figure out how to obtain Harmala HCL. 60mg of DMT sounds like a lot... I'm guessing you need more when ingesting as opposed to vaporizing.
ROA = route of administration, so yes boofing.
My first time with 40mg FB deems dissolved to salt form (vinegar) was well enough for a first try, better to start lower indeed.
NeuroSoup Krystle Cole said the ROA burned, but what was she doing? Freebase? Dose?
Dissolved like I said, one end with like pH 4 to 5, nothing burning with that ime.
First sessions was hard to hold it in. Later this was no issue anymore. Dunno what changed.
Keep volume down (like 5 ml) helps.

Homo Trypens
#9 Posted : 2/1/2023 7:00:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

ControlledChaos wrote:
Since the ACRB was of dubious origin being not from a vendor but harvested from a random location that I chanced upon, ...

Hehe, the way i see it, it's actually reverse - you have the ACRB from known origin, THAT tree, as opposed to dubious origin through an unknown number of vendors Smile Awesome!

ControlledChaos wrote:
I've also seen it suggested here that ACRB itself has things in it that cause purging like tannins, so I might instead either do a tannin removal next time or just extract the DMT and do it pharma style, however that would be my first extraction so I'd need to read up on it a bit. I definitely have access to enough ACRB right now for a pretty hefty amount of DMT and I could always go back and get more.

Tannin removal should help quite a bit with nausea. I heard it makes the brews a bit weaker though, take that into account when deciding dosage.

Pharma for me has been great so far, pretty much zero nausea. That's not the case for everyone, ymmv. We'll gladly help you through the extraction(s) if you decide to do that!

If i were you, i'd go harvest as much of that root bark as i can possibly store - you never know if there will be more when you need it, and it basically never goes bad if you fully dry it.

ControlledChaos
#10 Posted : 2/2/2023 5:18:46 AM

Nature is analog, ever flowing and continuous; spontaneous transfers of energy weaving in and out of dimensions, radiating outwards from the source- a non repeating, non terminating system of perpetual energy

I have decided that when I next prepare my tea, I will either use 2 g Syrian rue instead or roast the seeds before brewing the tea and use a little more. I will also do an egg white tannin removal and fridge decant the Acacia tea. Hopefully this will do for a more coherent trip though I do expect to purge some. I've also considered that on my first trip ever last year I also purged most so that could have been my body not being used to harmalas because all my next trips after that were much cleaner, although admittedly lower dosed. I'd also like to maybe up the Acacia factor in the next one as I felt it could have used a bit more.

Also, I've since discovered some more good spots with acacias, so on the DMT side of things I'm all set.

dithyramb
#11 Posted : 2/2/2023 6:20:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good luck.

One more thing. The speaking intelligence is rue, not DMT. DMT just magnifies it's voice. So you might find that decreasing rue below 3g will dilute the experience. 4g is not harsh and feels rich. You can also decrease the acacia. Remember that DMT is chaotic and rue is grounding. Traditional ayahuasca is heavy on vine and lighter in leaf.

The part of acacia confusa used is possibly a factor in the quality, chaoticness and smoothness. I never had live plants around to experiment and was at the mercy of ordered products. İnner bark is likely cleaner than outer...
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

dithyramb
#12 Posted : 2/6/2023 12:04:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One more thing about ACRB. It has a superficializing effectc on rue and on the experience. It prevents getting deep. For sweet happy cosmic trance it is good, but depth and healing are not what it is about.

I would also recommend tweaking one variable at a time with each experience. Like, refine the acrb or find another dmt source and try it with rue without altering the rue also.

~ Pablo Amaringo

ControlledChaos
#13 Posted : 2/7/2023 1:19:45 AM

dithyramb wrote:
One more thing about ACRB. It has a superficializing effectc on rue and on the experience. It prevents getting deep. For sweet happy cosmic trance it is good, but depth and healing are not what it is about.

I would also recommend tweaking one variable at a time with each experience. Like, refine the acrb or find another dmt source and try it with rue without altering the rue also.

Interesting, I'll keep these things in mind. I didn't necessarily know what you meant when I first read your post... But then when I tried Syrian rue with psilocybin (changing the variable) I did notice some definitive characteristics that are not in typical psilocybin experiences. It seemed to wrap a warm blanket around the whole thing. One definite effect I noticed was the effect on audio. It seemed like with Syrian rue sounds get extra sharp and pop out, sometimes quite obviously. I also found a lot of different sounds in my music attempting to turn into the 'buzzing' I'm so familiar with from Ayahuasca
I'm going to have to investigate Syrian rue on its own terms soon.

How would you describe the Syrian rue experience independent of tryptamines? I see it's your profile picture so I'd presume you have a bit of a connection with this plant and I'd love to know your experience.

Another question is, would you say that mimosa/chacruna/chaliponga are better DMT sources? I have often heard Acacia DMT trips referred to as very cosmic and spacy in many threads. What do you mean by 'sweet happy cosmic trance'? I haven't had a substantial dose of acaciahuasca so I don't think I can yet compare it to my very deep chacruns/caapi experiences but I will be having such an experience in the near future.

dithyramb
#14 Posted : 2/7/2023 8:17:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I found myself hired for work by rue... since 14 years. I have a very close relationship, and I hold circles for others.

When approached properly, rue is an aligner with Truth. It is warmer than caapi and also it has this life overview aspect rather than going into a single issue, yet it is also deep. It's about your relationship with yourself and family/close ones, and the world of plants. It sensitizes to energies, your own, of plants, and of the world. It is not tolerant of suboptimal energetic conditions and can bring an anger if not handled properly (contrasts with cacti in this aspect, cacti does not only tolerate all kinds of energies, it is all about toleration, and it easily gets wild or wayward or recreational). And thus it needs a hygienic and harmonious ceremonial space and setting. There are masculine and feminine strains. It is direct in its messages and the messages feel more like your own realizations rather than a plant blatantly talking to you, though you know and recognize the spirit of rue. I never tried iboga but the "voice of truth" saying that is used to describe it resonates. Still, without proper ceremonial setting, it can bring on illusions of its own flavor, like any other entheogenic plant. Diet, fasting, and an intention with impeccable dedication to Truth is the only safeguard to move into and stay in the truth. In any case it has antidepressant, neuroprotective and generative, immunomodulation, and motivation and libido boosting benefits.

I believe chacruna and chaliponga are better for going deep. Mimosa also, but it might be too wild. What I meant about acacia is that it can strip a lot of depth and meaning off the rue and it even oftentimes brings on random meaningless visions. Cartoon visions are quite common, mickey mouse, anime etc. No kidding, really strange. In the worst case it becomes a completely impersonal cosmic circus show. Also it is too dominant, suffocating out the rue and even you, making you feel like being crushed under the weight of an elephant and your brain being fried. It is still workable with highly disciplined ceremonial approach however it is not preferable.

~ Pablo Amaringo

ommani
#15 Posted : 2/7/2023 11:37:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dithyramb wrote:
I found myself hired for work by rue... since 14 years. I have a very close relationship, and I hold circles for others.

When approached properly, rue is an aligner with Truth. It is warmer than caapi and also it has this life overview aspect rather than going into a single issue, yet it is also deep. It's about your relationship with yourself and family/close ones, and the world of plants. It sensitizes to energies, your own, of plants, and of the world. It is not tolerant of suboptimal energetic conditions and can bring an anger if not handled properly (contrasts with cacti in this aspect, cacti does not only tolerate all kinds of energies, it is all about toleration, and it easily gets wild or wayward or recreational). And thus it needs a hygienic and harmonious ceremonial space and setting. There are masculine and feminine strains. It is direct in its messages and the messages feel more like your own realizations rather than a plant blatantly talking to you, though you know and recognize the spirit of rue. I never tried iboga but the "voice of truth" saying that is used to describe it resonates. Still, without proper ceremonial setting, it can bring on illusions of its own flavor, like any other entheogenic plant. Diet, fasting, and an intention with impeccable dedication to Truth is the only safeguard to move into and stay in the truth. In any case it has antidepressant, neuroprotective and generative, immunomodulation, and motivation and libido boosting benefits.

I believe chacruna and chaliponga are better for going deep. Mimosa also, but it might be too wild. What I meant about acacia is that it can strip a lot of depth and meaning off the rue and it even oftentimes brings on random meaningless visions. Cartoon visions are quite common, mickey mouse, anime etc. No kidding, really strange. In the worst case it becomes a completely impersonal cosmic circus show. Also it is too dominant, suffocating out the rue and even you, making you feel like being crushed under the weight of an elephant and your brain being fried. It is still workable with highly disciplined ceremonial approach however it is not preferable.

Thanks for that write up, dithyramb. I have some experience with rue and various admixtures from years ago, but was mainly approaching it in a mindful psychonaut kind of way, rather than with the intention of growth and healing. I would be interested to see how it might be different when approached with more humility and intention.

ControlledChaos
#16 Posted : 2/8/2023 1:32:51 AM

dithyramb wrote:

Hmm, interesting. So far in my one rue/acacia experience it didn't seem to veer to far into wild cartoon territories, but the rue definitely seemed to be the dominant plant during that experience...mentally it felt like a very casual 'welcome back buddy' kind of trip where I nearly instantly went back into the same mindstate as my previous aya trips albeit with way more of a purge. Maybe because I weighed my acacia 6 grams before fully drying it all out. I'll keep these things in mind. I plan on working with rue on its own soon to investigate these things myself.

Honestly, the idea of a very DMT-dominant cosmic circus type trip doesn't sound so bad. I did a lot of very deep, cleansing trips with caapi/chacruna and I'm certain there will be many more of those... I kind of want a balls to the walls DMT extravaganza to just blow me away. Not to take away from the healing these plants provide at all. But I would be lying if I claimed that my intentions are always serious healing work... Sometimes I just want to have a good fun visual trip and listen to music. But that's the nice thing about Ayahuasca... There's room for many types of experience with different admixtures and ratios.

I'll probably be doing a lot of work with acacia as my DMT source because it's so easily available where I am to harvest and I have a lot of it, so I'll be sure to make reports here and I'll let you know if I get the cosmic clown show you are talking about. Thank you for your elaboration, that was well written.

dithyramb
#17 Posted : 2/8/2023 8:05:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I said impersonal but what I really meant was meaningless. Like no connection or relevancy to anything.

Acacia confusa has another face also, like a strict and even closed minded "guru." This is when you have a meaningful experience, when the Acacia actually works in synergy with rue instead of stamping it out. Back in the day I was alternating rue with A c and rue with liberty caps within a few days or weeks. It was a contrast, with A c giving a clear strict "no" to a question and liberty caps saying "why not? Life is about experience" to the same question. It can get really confusing. Acacia confused me. Neither had the ultimate answer, no plant or molecule ever does. But liberty caps for me feel more meaningful and full of substance than A c. Also smoother and more enjoyable.

In the end my conclusion has been that Acacia confusa attunes you to an imaginary world. A sweet, perfect upperworld. Dwelling in higher chakras, omitting the lower ones and thus conducive of spiritual bypassing.

It is a blurry, fuzzy dmt effect. The visuals are like that and the spirit connection is blurry or not there. But the sweetness, happiness and cosmic feeling can make you feel satisfied, even forget the context of deep healing, if you had the intention in the first place. With hundreds of experiences, I have run my course with it.

All this information may not be relevant or digestible just yet, but perhaps in the long term it can help.

Cheers, Ommani! I remember you also had a crazy purging experience with rue and acacia.

~ Pablo Amaringo

ommani
#18 Posted : 2/8/2023 5:26:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dithyramb wrote:
Cheers, Ommani! I remember you also had a crazy purging experience with rue and acacia.

Ha! I had nearly forgotten about that one. I may have had some acacia on that journey, but I do think the main purging was from the rue. The reason I say that is because it was very similar to other multi-hour purging experiences that I've had with rue, caapi, and purified harmalas, all which had that same, unrelenting nausea and endless tracers effect. When things that aren't moving start making tracers you know that you're in for it lol.

There are two ways I've found that significantly reduce, if not completely eliminate the nausea from rue. One is to do a cold water extraction and the other is to encapsulate the seed powder. I'm pretty sure that I didn't do either of those when I had that intense purging experience, but either used a hot water method or maybe tossed and washed the powder.

I think it may have been the same year (2015) that I had a unique experience with rue and acacia. I took encapsulated powder of each at a moderate dose (guessing around 4-5g of each) shortly after having a large meal. From what I remember it took 2-3 hours to kick in that way and then lasted for around 16 hours or so (kind of like a cactus journey). I don't remember experiencing much, if any, nausea and didn't purge. Rather, I had a *long* mellow journey where the rue was predominant but the acrb was definitely present at a low level. This experience really speaks to how potent and powerful these plants can be when you take a full dose and don't purge them out.

Visually, I think I was having moderate tracers from the rue and mild warping/breathing effects from the acacia. Emotionally, I felt euphoric, calm, and generally blissed out. Mentally I had the creative/ebullient/flowing thoughts that I associate with rue, but with the euphoric undertones of acacia. Spiritually, I felt connected to my soul and life purpose in an a non-conceptual way. Incidentally, I was way off track in my life at this point, and it took years for me to thoroughly course correct.

Overall, this experience felt meaningful and impactful, and despite it's upbeat and blissful character, I wouldn't describe it as a shallow journey. Perhaps, the reason for that was that the rue was predominant, and from what I recall, the acacia enhanced, rather than overpowered the rue energy/spirit/medicine.

ControlledChaos
#19 Posted : 2/8/2023 7:01:07 PM

ommani wrote:
dithyramb wrote:

Ha! I had nearly forgotten about that one. I may have had some acacia on that journey, but I do think the main purging was from the rue. The reason I say that is because it was very similar to other multi-hour purging experiences that I've had with rue, caapi, and purified harmalas, all which had that same, unrelenting nausea and endless tracers effect. When things that aren't moving start making tracers you know that you're in for it lol.

There are two ways I've found that significantly reduce, if not completely eliminate the nausea from rue. One is to do a cold water extraction and the other is to encapsulate the seed powder. I'm pretty sure that I didn't do either of those when I had that intense purging experience, but either used a hot water method or maybe tossed and washed the powder.

I think it may have been the same year (2015) that I had a unique experience with rue and acacia. I took encapsulated powder of each at a moderate dose (guessing around 4-5g of each) shortly after having a large meal. From what I remember it took 2-3 hours to kick in that way and then lasted for around 16 hours or so (kind of like a cactus journey). I don't remember experiencing much, if any, nausea and didn't purge. Rather, I had a *long* mellow journey where the rue was predominant but the acrb was definitely present at a low level. This experience really speaks to how potent and powerful these plants can be when you take a full dose and don't purge them out.

Visually, I think I was having moderate tracers from the rue and mild warping/breathing effects from the acacia. Emotionally, I felt euphoric, calm, and generally blissed out. Mentally I had the creative/ebullient/flowing thoughts that I associate with rue, but with the euphoric undertones of acacia. Spiritually, I felt connected to my soul and life purpose in an a non-conceptual way. Incidentally, I was way off track in my life at this point, and it took years for me to thoroughly course correct.

Overall, this experience felt meaningful and impactful, and despite it's upbeat and blissful character, I wouldn't describe it as a shallow journey. Perhaps, the reason for that was that the rue was predominant, and from what I recall, the acacia enhanced, rather than overpowered the rue energy/spirit/medicine.

I have a coffee grinder and Syrian rue but no capsules. I do feel that the actual taste of the Syrian Rue tea could have been a big source of continual purging because I remember every time I'd think of the taste I'd feel another urge to purge. So I think I'll be working with either roasted rue teas or straight up eating the rue either powdered or not. What's the nausea/vomiting like when you just swallow the Syrian rue as opposed to making tea?

ShamensStamen
#20 Posted : 2/8/2023 7:36:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I just wanna chime in on the Acacia, i've only used Mimosa and Acacia (as well as mushrooms, and 4-ACO-DMT) with the Rue, haven't used Chaliponga or Chacruna, but with that said, i love Acacia, to me it's been a very sacred and mystical teacher plant, and i've had all of my most mystical/spiritual experiences using Acacia. It also gave me a precognitive vision about my dad's death two weeks before he died. It's given me a lot of understanding and inner gnosis. In comparison, Mimosa is okay too, but not as good as Mimosa imo/ime. Acacia is my fav, and it and Rue seem to get along very well for me, especially a combination of Acacia, mushrooms, Rue and Lemon Balm.

12NEXT