We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
[VIDEO] Analysis method looks promising for (home?) scientists - NQR Options

downwardsfromzero
#1 Posted : 1/25/2023 8:51:00 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Applied Science delivers the goods again, this time with nuclear quadrupole resonance. NQR is a bit like NMR but doesn't need huge magnets - for the technically-minded it might be worth considering.

His instrument does seem to require a huge sample size, however! By comparison, NMR easily would give results from a 100mg sample, not to mention a much more information-rich output.

Other challenges include tuning the circuit filters for different frequency ranges - I'm far from being an electronics genius so I'll leave it up to someone else to suggest solutions for that.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Bumbledoor
#2 Posted : 1/26/2024 4:57:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That is cool and has so many applications.

I will have to keep an eye on this, might be a reason to dust off the oscilloscope when I get some time.

Sidisheikh.mehriz
#3 Posted : 1/26/2024 10:11:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I also sstumbled upon applied science guy when brainstorming for building an improvised portable hplc/UV spectrometer. Few channels on YouTube provide as good a content as his in this domain . very resourceful guy and multidisciplinary. I've seen that video along with the mass spectrometer. He even built an x-ray machine hahaha

Fortunately these analytical instruments are now becoming increasingly more open source for those of us 3D printer enthusiasts.

Noise from electronics Circuit seems to be a major hastle messing up the reading signal and that must be considered when creating a design. I was going to post in advanced chemistry but I think collaborative research projects is better after second guess. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.