We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Grow your own field of dreams Options

Fable
#1 Posted : 2/19/2010 3:43:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Gday everyone
There has obviously been some fallout with the whole BBB fiasco and there are plenty of people worried about the sustainability and future of certain sacred plants. There are a few people who say grow your own to anyone who will listen and in general I agree.
I am fortunate to be within a 2 hours drive of what is probably the largest concentration of light bearing plants in the universe, as is anyone lucky enough to live in Perth Western Australia.
To everyone in the US, there are plenty of areas where our beautiful acacia's will grow well, forget about MHRB, grow your own Acacia.

Obviously this doesn't happen overnight but say in 5 years if all internet trade of MHRB has ceased, it won't matter because you will have all you need and much more.
There is also the satisfaction of forming a relationship with the plant which certainly deepens the experience.

I found this company that sells Australian native seeds and ships world wide.
http://www.nindethana.iinet.net.au/

In all seriousness, in 5 to 7 years you would be bathing in tryptamine goodness. Plant a dozen trees each. Form a co-op buy 1kg of seed for $500 and distribute, and live happily ever after.
Acuminata (Jam Wattyl)grow fast and like hot summers to give their best, hot hot summers.
This really is the way forward and currently no one would bat an eyelid if you ordered a kilo of seed from Aus.
There are plenty of native seed suppliers in Aus.
Get the ball rolling.
Say in 5 years MHRB is still on the market, process your plants and you have a superior product. If you already have the land this could be a huge earner with almost no initial outlay.
I am a leaf on the the wind, watch how I soar!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

TurbatusAnimus
#2 Posted : 2/19/2010 5:54:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Really I think we all should buy a bunch of these seeds, even if you don't have your own land.
Buy em up, plant them everywhere that won't bother people.
Why not? Think of how many you could plant in one day..

So many people seemed concerned about losing MHRB.
Sure it's easy to extract but, wouldn't it be nice to walk into your back yard or local woods
and comes back with kilos of acacia!?

I'll do it, ...
I am 100% convinced that my search for answers has led to nothing but more questions.

-TA

smokeydaze
#3 Posted : 2/19/2010 6:08:22 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Great work Fable.
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

Eluna
#4 Posted : 2/19/2010 6:11:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I love living in Perth Smile

Love my jam wattles... Smile

Thanks to you fable!!

Dimitrius
#5 Posted : 2/19/2010 6:49:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I will be planting Acacia obtusifolia and probably Acacia maidenii as Spring rolls around....as well as Desmanthus illinoensis.

Which Acacias do you personally recommend? Wink
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

Eluna
#6 Posted : 2/19/2010 6:51:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Acacia Acuminata!!

ms_manic_minxx
#7 Posted : 2/19/2010 7:38:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How far north can Acacias grow?

Peaches, apricots, and apples, to name a few, are not native to North America, and just imagine--a bunch of guys sat around and said, "Let's grow our own fields of apples." And those trees are doing just fine! Smile

I also think the plants are amused at how terribly clever they are to have fed creatures that grew intelligent enough to build cars, ships, and planes to move their seed around. Shocked (too bad some of us went crazy, but the answer? ingest more plants!!)
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

Fable
#8 Posted : 2/19/2010 12:24:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The climate for the acuminata would never get below freezing in the winter and 35 to 40 Deg C in summer. There is a fair range along the coastal area and inland across Aus. Dessert would be fine although they do tolerate plenty of rain in winter (600-800mm), the hot summer sun and lack of water is what really gives the oomph to the yield, on a really hot summer day you can literally smell the tryptamines in the air around these trees. A mild summer with plenty of rain drops yield by 2/3 or so it seems.

The obtusifolia leaves make a fine Aya the problem is that there are only one or maybe two places where they grow naturally and nobody seems able to grow them outside their natural habitat, they last maybe 4 or 5 years if you are lucky before keeling over. Madenii is unreliable.

Acuminata all the way, the lowest yield I have seen (during winter) was 0.5% and highest (ive seen in summer) was 1.5%, I have had verbal reports of double that on one particular tree although I can't verify the claim.

Having seen eucalyptus trees full of monarch butterflies in SoCal I reckon from there and south, it can get a bit cold/frosty which wouldn't prevent the trees growing, just impact the %

VisualDistortion
#9 Posted : 2/19/2010 1:07:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TurbatusAnimus wrote:
Really I think we all should buy a bunch of these seeds, even if you don't have your own land.
Buy em up, plant them everywhere that won't bother people.
Why not? Think of how many you could plant in one day..

So many people seemed concerned about losing MHRB.
Sure it's easy to extract but, wouldn't it be nice to walk into your back yard or local woods
and comes back with kilos of acacia!?

I'll do it, ...

Yes, lets randomly introduce foreign plants to our eco system, what could possibly go wrong.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Jorkest
#10 Posted : 2/19/2010 3:28:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

well thats exciting for people that live in warm climates...

but for people that do not...i think the grasses are the way to go..and i hear illinois bundleflower is good

i have been working on phalaris brachystachy..it grows pretty well..but im trying to get it to grow even better..i hear the grasses give a bigger percentage of dmt if grown in the shade...and also have a better yield..

DMT FREEDOM...we must figure this out!
it's a sound

Aegle
#11 Posted : 2/19/2010 3:51:15 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Just a little whisper of a message, if you are growing plants please always do your very best to grow indigenous or endemic species to your country. As alien plant species can cause a great amount of imbalance and chaos within an ecosystem...

Much Peace and Rainbows
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

amor_fati
#12 Posted : 2/19/2010 4:00:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

VisualDistortion wrote:
Yes, lets randomly introduce foreign plants to our eco system, what could possibly go wrong.

Aegle wrote:
Just a little whisper of a message, if you are growing plants please always do your very best to grow indigenous or endemic species to your country. As alien plant species can cause a great amount of imbalance and chaos within an ecosystem...

Very good points. There isn't going to be a quick fix to the current predicament. Grow what you can, but be mindful.

Dimitrius
#13 Posted : 2/19/2010 4:54:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm...well, besides the good points made above, the Acacias need a bit warmer climate than the local area can provide.

And I had gotten to thinking.....I would rather have plants that are more natural to this area.

The Illinois Bundleflower (Desmanthus illinoensis) seems to be a good candidate.

I would like to know of some other options. Anyone know of any?

USDA Hardiness Zone: 7b - 8

Sunset Climate Zone: 32 - 33

Southeastern U.S.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

Fable
#14 Posted : 2/19/2010 5:42:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree that introducing non native species is not great as weed potential can become a big problem.
Does this stop me growing San Pedro, Achuma, Peyote, Mimosa, Brugmansia, Datura, paperva, coca etc etc most of the common entheogenic plants are non native to where they are grown.
The kratom Rifat clone made it around the globe, all the salvia D is probably from the Wasson clones from the 60's, would you berate someone for having a salvia plantation in their back yard because it grows well in their area?
Problems arise when you get something with a potential to become a weed in a non native environment. None of my plants are escaping my back yard and becoming a weed problem.
Indiscriminate planting is a bad idea but at the end of the day which ones have any potential to become a weed? Caapi maybe in tropical environments, I'm pretty sure it has been let loose in Hawaii.
I would love to see fields of agave grown for local tequila production, I believe that Australia could have the potential to produce the worlds best tequila if red tape wasn't an issue.
Responsible maintenance of the garden is what is required.

BTW acuminata are used as host trees for sandalwood, Western Australia is apparently the largest producer of sandalwood - hippies Razz

Dimitrius
#15 Posted : 2/19/2010 6:45:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm, yeah well this ^^ makes sense too.

Not sure what I'm going to do exactly, lol.

biopsylo
#16 Posted : 2/19/2010 10:28:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hey this is good.

i had asked a while back if anyone knew of suppliers of acacia bark. --no replies.
if there are several varieties with high %, then why is no one selling bark?

many species of acacia are invasive species. if that is true for a high yielder in auzzie, then win/win for a 'green' start-up business selling bark from invasive species. leaves would be even better if the goods were in them.

why is mhrb so available while acacia is not?

VisualDistortion
#17 Posted : 2/20/2010 6:50:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fable wrote:
I agree that introducing non native species is not great as weed potential can become a big problem.
Does this stop me growing San Pedro, Achuma, Peyote, Mimosa, Brugmansia, Datura, paperva, coca etc etc most of the common entheogenic plants are non native to where they are grown.
The kratom Rifat clone made it around the globe, all the salvia D is probably from the Wasson clones from the 60's, would you berate someone for having a salvia plantation in their back yard because it grows well in their area?
Problems arise when you get something with a potential to become a weed in a non native environment. None of my plants are escaping my back yard and becoming a weed problem.
Indiscriminate planting is a bad idea but at the end of the day which ones have any potential to become a weed? Caapi maybe in tropical environments, I'm pretty sure it has been let loose in Hawaii.
I would love to see fields of agave grown for local tequila production, I believe that Australia could have the potential to produce the worlds best tequila if red tape wasn't an issue.
Responsible maintenance of the garden is what is required.

BTW acuminata are used as host trees for sandalwood, Western Australia is apparently the largest producer of sandalwood - hippies Razz

I completely and totally agree. As long as great care is taken so that these plants do not escape into an uncontrolled environment.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Nordic
#18 Posted : 2/21/2010 7:49:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I still think with natural climate chane (not global warming bollox), certain species loose there ability to flourish in an area. Moveing new species in that can cope with conditions then, is a source of increased biodiversity.

Phlux-
#19 Posted : 2/21/2010 8:34:47 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

2 examples -

where i live morning glory is a noxious weed - it kills any vegetation it smothers - its everywhere and uncontrollable (just like triffid weed, mexican sunflower, chinese lantern/baloon vine, syringa, bugweed, etc...)

australian acacia's are also a total pest here - they struggle against each other and other trees in oz, the insects there eat them, etc... - here they just win.

There are not the correct animals and insects to control these plants - nothing to stop them from taking over - they can devistate the environment as iv seen here.

Growing ones entheogens is perfectly fine - throwing morning glory seeds all over the place because u think it would be nice to introduce magic seeds into your area is not ok.

antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Aegle
#20 Posted : 2/21/2010 8:48:56 AM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Species that are not endemic to your country can cause chaos in a very much silent way without you even knowing or realizing eg: seeds can be dispersed rapidly by the wind. I think species preservation is something we all should do our best to do in what ever small way that we can. I have a great love for growing entheogens but please grow them in the most responsible way that you can.

Much Peace and Sunshine
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

12NEXT