We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I did too much and was definitely not ready for that. Options

BecauseWhyNot
#1 Posted : 1/15/2023 7:38:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone. I'm 29 years old, and after 17 years of experimenting with psychedelics I finally managed to get my hands on some spice. A pale yellow color with a smell similar to new shoes. Exactly like I read about. Expensive but well worth it. I got about 700mg.

I have quite a bit of experience with LSD and mushrooms. I typically am the type to go all in with psychedelics. At least 3 doses of LSD or at least 5g with mushrooms primarily because I don't like to fall short and not get the full experience. So I'm used to the mind bending experience you can get from doing way more than your ready for.

But this was an entirely different experience.

I tried using an oil burner, which didn't work very well. I managed to take two hits and I started choking horribly. I got some decent fractals but I didn't break through because I just couldnt take another hit. So I invested in a small dab rig with a quartz banger. I had heard that 30 - 50 mg was the appropriate dose for a breakthrough. So me being me, I weighed out 70mg hoping to make sure I got the most out of it. So I heated up the banger, and dropped my 70mg in.

And can I just say, holy mother of God, I was NOT prepared for it.

By the time I set the rig down the most intense Mandela patterns imposed on my vision and I heard this deep distorted tone. Before I could even exhale reality dissolved and I was gone. It was kind of like when you go to sleep. The typical chronology of events wasn't really in place. Most of it I can't even describe with words. But I do remember at one point being in a vast empty white space. I had no body. There was something sentient other than myself that was there. It didn't talk to me, and it wasn't finite. In fact i wouldn't say that where I was would qualify as geometric/dimensional space. Whatever consciousness was present there was neither friendly nor hostile. It was just there. I could feel that it was aware of my being there but indifferent to my presence.

Coming out of it was pretty rough. I was extremely disoriented and confused. I remember saying some pretty profound and personal stuff to my brother who was there to make sure I was okay. Apparently I was incoherent and the things I remember saying were nowhere close to what came out. He said I sounded like a deaf person trying to speak. It took about 30 to 45 minutes after I came back for the visuals to wear off completely. My brother says I was gone for about 15 minutes

Now, I know that I did more than most people would recommend. But my experience was very different from what most reports say you should get from spice. The idea of doing that again is almost frightening to me. I don't remember much, and it hit me so quickly and was so intense that I'm kind of scared to try it again.

To be clear, it was worth it. I'm glad I did it. And I want to do it again and I probably will, but I guess I just wanted to share my experience here, see if maybe anyone could offer some advice or feedback to to help ease the process next time or perhaps reassure me and relieve a bit of my anxiety about doing it again. I'm hoping that at a lower dose will give me an experience that my mind can make sense of. Something more coherent that I might actually be able to remember.

I know that I do not want to try such a large dose next time because 70mg was definitely too much for me. I was thinking about going for 30mg since I've heard that using a rig, you can do a smaller dose.

Thoughts?

Male.
Age 29.
Height 6ft
Weight 180lb
Mindset: slightly anxious but generally a good mood
Time: 11am
Last meal: 6pm the night before
Experience: Just under about 100 mushroom trips usually 4-7g, about 20-30 LSD trips some of which were extremely large doses (I once took about 20 hits). First time with spice.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

artificer
#2 Posted : 1/15/2023 7:54:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello - That's quite a dose Shocked

I imagine your dab rig with quartz banger can vaporize very efficiently, probably on par with DivineTribe line of vaporizers with quartz cup, and it's not unheard of for 20mg of spice to be breakthrough using that method. 70mg is for antiquated vaporizing methods... I mean I guess there's some individuals out there that would benefit from vaping 70mg, but generally speaking, vaping anything over 35mg in efficient rig like yours is likely to provide more and more of an experience you can't bring back and more of the stuff that might leave you traumatized Razz

Respect to the 5g mushroom dosing, but DMT, as you probably found out, is in its' own category. Personally, I think 70mg might be nice to load up for longer session vaping a little at a time, but wayy too much as one hit. Dosing with harmalas (something to try on its' own first) ahead of time will strengthen and stretch out the experience, I recommend trying this with 20-25mg spice for strong experience...

Thanks for sharing!

An affinity to entheogens that bring me to full submission,
A thriving esoteric greenhouse, I do envision

dragonrider
#3 Posted : 1/15/2023 9:21:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, mushrooms can actually come pretty close to DMT. Ayahuasca and shrooms are very much alike. The main difference is the harmala alkaloïds wich add a bit of their own flavour to the experience.

My advice would also be to start experimenting a little with ayahuasca. It lasts way longer ofcourse, but it is generally more manageable.
Otherwise changa would be the way to go. That also lasts longer, but is more manageable as well.

The best way to get over this fear is doing it again, but properly.

When it comes to taking way too much, like you did, i can tell you: no one is ever prepared for that. That's why even very experienced vapers still respect this substance an awfull lot.
If you take to much, it simply rips you apart. It doesn't matter then how many times you've done it before.

But it happened to a lot of people. That's one of the downsides of vaping as well: people don't manage to properly inhale a vaporized 20 mg the first time, so they think they need more. Laughing

Anyway, welcome BWN, and congrats for being brave enough to even try.

yeshua
#4 Posted : 1/16/2023 12:10:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

when you say spice is that same a dmt? or different. I remember up until 2012 or so there was a thing called spice that was actually legal to buy at a gas station. i wanted to try it but just never sought it out. what is different from spice and dmt?

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 1/16/2023 12:19:06 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Um, yeah - woops! Haha!

Try taking less - way less. With state-of-the-art methods we find that vaped DMT is far more potent than what you inferred from those outdated figures that you heard.

Still, it's reassuring to hear that you found the experience to be beneficial. It looks as though your not inconsiderable previous experience may have acted as a reasonable foundation for even such a bizarre and confusing experience as your massive overshoot. To that end, your username is aptly fitting and I, too, welcome you here with open arms Smile

29 years old... with 17 years of experience Shocked Fell in the cauldron a bit early, didn't we?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 1/16/2023 12:44:40 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

yeshua wrote:
when you say spice is that same a dmt? or different. I remember up until 2012 or so there was a thing called spice that was actually legal to buy at a gas station. i wanted to try it but just never sought it out. what is different from spice and dmt?

Yes, spice has been used as a nickname for DMT (seemingly as a Dune reference) for quite some time but then some bright spark decided to use it as a brand name for a blend containing synthetic cannabinoids. Not great, perhaps, but OTOH DMT can also stand for dimethyl terephthalate so I don't think the chemists are in any position to complain Laughing

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

BecauseWhyNot
#7 Posted : 1/16/2023 6:38:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes, it was a bit early to cut my teeth. And while I would never generally recommend anyone to start experimenting with mind altering substances at the age of 12, for me at least, I wouldn't have it any other way. I was 14 when I experienced a form of omnipresence that showed me what I am and what this place is. It was very rewarding. As a result I have developed with a very positive mindset about life which has proven to be unbelievably beneficial throughout my life.

Thank you for your kind words. And I appreciate the reassurance. Hearing that a dose like that could traumatize even an experienced cosmonaut makes me feel a little bit less intimidated by the thought of trying again.

And as I contemplate the situation, it seems like my brain is responding like it would to a traumatic event. It's been about 36 hours and I'm still in a "holy shit" kind of mindset.

Next time I think I'm going to go for 25mg. At least I know one thing though. There's nothing I can imagine in life that could be more intense than what I already did.

Apparently, my brother was disturbed by his experience of watching me while I was gone. Poor guy is now scared to try it himself.

Toshido
#8 Posted : 1/16/2023 10:15:59 PM

Research & Development

When I saw you write "70mg" it basically gave me a panic attack.

For you to come out of that saying "I'm glad I did it" should grant you a lifetime achievement award. You're obviously an avid psychonaut and I applaud you for not only doing that, but ACCIDENTALLY doing that and waking up on the right side of the bed.

I have never exceeded 30mg. I probably will one day, but would be worried about one thing, which is what I shall now ask you as I'm intrigued.

From your brother's perspective... were you motionless for the duration of that trip when you were unconscious? I'd be worried at that dose that I would start flailing uncontrollably and breaking things in my apartment or jumping out of a window. We're you moaning or making any noises during the trip? Or were you just gone?

It's OK to be scared by that experience. "Heroic" doses of DMT, like one you just took, usually turn people off from ever wanting to do it again. So if you do it again, I would maybe work yourself up from 5 to 10 to 15 to 20 to 25 etc until you find the right dose for yourself, which brings me to my next advice.

You're smoking apparatus is your best friend. When I started experimenting with DMT for the first time in 2019, I was using my weed bowl and putting flame directly to the DMT with horrible results. I eventually used a 3 tiered foil system with dmt in each layer to help me with the 3 hit process. That was ok, but not effective, as I only broke through twice out of 15 attempts.

I am on a mission right now to make a modified vape device. Search "eMesh" on here and learn about it. The last piece I'm looking for is an RDA (Rebuildable Drip Atomizer) that allows you to confidently measure out a sure-fire dose and let's you rip one single hit for breakthrough. I obviously haven't tested it yet, but so many people here vouch for it. It's the way to spice. Before that it was the Vape Genie, which I also have not tried.

Travel safe out their brother. As a new user myself (still haven't smoked it since 2019 but I have some now, just waiting on the vape piece) feel free to PM me and pick my brain, as I've done extensive research and logged a lot of trips.

That's amazing though dude, would love to hear more about where you went, or when you went, or what dimension you were actually in hahaha.

🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

Voidmatrix
#9 Posted : 1/17/2023 12:31:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Laughing Laughing Laughing

That was great. Thank you for sharing. And I'm not laughing at you, but rather reminiscing on all of the "uh oh, what did I just do" moments that I've had with DMT as well as my first 3 experiences.

Having done psychedelics for about 15 years, I've been there. Though, the times I've done waaaaayyyy too much I've blacked out, or couldn't recall the experience shortly after it occurred, though I remember going through something intense.

My first three experiences were all around 200mg, granted we used the sandwich method, without touching the flame to the top layer of cannabis, so I didn't get all of that, even if I cashed each bowl, because of the inefficiency of the method. Regardless, I was gone each time...

Nowadays, it's been hard for me to bring myself to breakthrough (for a variety of reasons), and DMT still gives me anxiety and scares me, despite my bond with it. I can breakthrough on 15mg (and have on what should've been 10mg a couple times), so even 10mg makes me nervous Laughing. You're not alone. Comes with the territory for many Smile Twisted Evil

And here are a couple threads that may provide some help.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=100014
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=83430

As for other tips, wellness activities such as yoga and/or meditation can help you be more centered and present, giving you a more balanced approach to your next journey. I also find it helps if I've workout before hand and am riding an endorphin rush. It also doesn't hurt to have some intention for why you're moving into the space, if at the very least to be real with yourself about it and having an easier time in accepting wherever you may end up. There are certain things you can take to help calm your nerves such as lemon balm, blue lotus, and CBD. I'd highly recommend avoiding benzos, alcohol, or opiates.

And, welcome Smile

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

BecauseWhyNot
#10 Posted : 1/17/2023 7:40:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

widderic wrote:
When I saw you write "70mg" it basically gave me a panic attack.

For you to come out of that saying "I'm glad I did it" should grant you a lifetime achievement award. You're obviously an avid psychonaut and I applaud you for not only doing that, but ACCIDENTALLY doing that and waking up on the right side of the bed.

I have never exceeded 30mg. I probably will one day, but would be worried about one thing, which is what I shall now ask you as I'm intrigued.

From your brother's perspective... were you motionless for the duration of that trip when you were unconscious? I'd be worried at that dose that I would start flailing uncontrollably and breaking things in my apartment or jumping out of a window. We're you moaning or making any noises during the trip? Or were you just gone?

It's OK to be scared by that experience. "Heroic" doses of DMT, like one you just took, usually turn people off from ever wanting to do it again. So if you do it again, I would maybe work yourself up from 5 to 10 to 15 to 20 to 25 etc until you find the right dose for yourself, which brings me to my next advice.

You're smoking apparatus is your best friend. When I started experimenting with DMT for the first time in 2019, I was using my weed bowl and putting flame directly to the DMT with horrible results. I eventually used a 3 tiered foil system with dmt in each layer to help me with the 3 hit process. That was ok, but not effective, as I only broke through twice out of 15 attempts.

I am on a mission right now to make a modified vape device. Search "eMesh" on here and learn about it. The last piece I'm looking for is an RDA (Rebuildable Drip Atomizer) that allows you to confidently measure out a sure-fire dose and let's you rip one single hit for breakthrough. I obviously haven't tested it yet, but so many people here vouch for it. It's the way to spice. Before that it was the Vape Genie, which I also have not tried.

Travel safe out their brother. As a new user myself (still haven't smoked it since 2019 but I have some now, just waiting on the vape piece) feel free to PM me and pick my brain, as I've done extensive research and logged a lot of trips.

That's amazing though dude, would love to hear more about where you went, or when you went, or what dimension you were actually in hahaha.

I was not motionless. The way he described me was "someone with downs, that had a lobotomy, and was on a caffeine rush". I apparently didn't get up and I didn't flail. I kept looking at my hands with this confused wide eyed look on my face. And my hands apparently kept wretching/clenching/grasping/grabbing towards my chest. My eyes were open most of the time. Every time I would sit back I would stop breathing then sit forward and start breathing again. He said that I was making incoherent sounds similar to a deaf person who has never heard trying to speak. He says I was quite loud, almost yelling. He said he was surprised the neighbors didn't come knocking with concern.

He said he was genuinely concerned that I was going to stay like that.

I of course already described the white abyss. I couldn't remember much of anything else initially. Over the course of today (48-60 hours after) the shock has worn off, and I'm remembering more about the trip. Like the moments before I was gone, which was a sense of panic, and the internal dialogue of "holy crap" and "don't fight it". I can clearly remember now that reality *peeled* away starting from behind me moving forward.

As far as where I went... Other than the "abyss" I couldn't even begin to describe the experience with words. It was like seeing the underlying substrate beneath comprehensible reality. It's impossible to even fully comprehend, much less describe. I'm pretty sure that what I experienced is exactly what it's like to die. Which is saying something to point out that it wasn't negative. Just overwhelming.

As far as the RoA. I'm extremely happy with the quartz banger rig. I managed to take the entire 70mg in one hit. I almost coughed but I have bitch lungs. Either way, my dosing was pretty exact. The delivery was very efficient and nothing was wasted. I can't imagine doing it any other way and for $40 even.

BecauseWhyNot
#11 Posted : 1/17/2023 8:02:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing

That was great. Thank you for sharing. And I'm not laughing at you, but rather reminiscing on all of the "uh oh, what did I just do" moments that I've had with DMT as well as my first 3 experiences.

Having done psychedelics for about 15 years, I've been there. Though, the times I've done waaaaayyyy too much I've blacked out, or couldn't recall the experience shortly after it occurred, though I remember going through something intense.

My first three experiences were all around 200mg, granted we used the sandwich method, without touching the flame to the top layer of cannabis, so I didn't get all of that, even if I cashed each bowl, because of the inefficiency of the method. Regardless, I was gone each time...

Nowadays, it's been hard for me to bring myself to breakthrough (for a variety of reasons), and DMT still gives me anxiety and scares me, despite my bond with it. I can breakthrough on 15mg (and have on what should've been 10mg a couple times), so even 10mg makes me nervous Laughing. You're not alone. Comes with the territory for many Smile Twisted Evil

And here are a couple threads that may provide some help.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=100014
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=83430

As for other tips, wellness activities such as yoga and/or meditation can help you be more centered and present, giving you a more balanced approach to your next journey. I also find it helps if I've workout before hand and am riding an endorphin rush. It also doesn't hurt to have some intention for why you're moving into the space, if at the very least to be real with yourself about it and having an easier time in accepting wherever you may end up. There are certain things you can take to help calm your nerves such as lemon balm, blue lotus, and CBD. I'd highly recommend avoiding benzos, alcohol, or opiates.

And, welcome Smile

One love

Funny story (maybe not that funny)

I first tried to do lsd when I was 13. I got one hit, trying to be cautious. I got no effect. It was probably fake. So next time I got two. I got a slight body high. Looking back, it was real, probably LSA, but still bunk. The next time (I was now 14) I got 3. It was real, and it was good.

For me now, 3 good hits is a pretty good trip. At 14, it was a lot. While it was ramping up, I didn't feel any body high because my body was fighting it. I had this INSANE muscular tension in every inch of my body. It kept getting worse and worse. To the point that I was genuinely concerned that I was going to rip something internally. I was afraid that I had gotten some kind of drain cleaner or some other poison being sold as acid. I was convinced It was going to kill me. It came to a point where I said to myself "if dying is what it takes to 'meet god' then I guess that's what I'm going to do"...

I accepted that I was going to die, and my body stopped fighting it. I felt the muscular tension wash away slowly like a wave from my head down. And suddenly these blue hexagonal energy lines shot through everything around me. I had one of the best trip in my life (ace Ventura is hilarious on LSD, just saying)

An interesting tidbit about that trip. I stepped out on my front porch. It was the middle of the night. I looked up in the sky and saw this HUGE stream of energy that split off like a vein. It didn't change. It didn't distort. It stayed exactly where it was the entire trip. I went outside and looked several times.

Anyways, the point of this story is that in order to trip on acid my first time, I had to truly accept that I was going to die. That moment changed my life and who I am.

Ever since that experience, I haven't been afraid of anything. Wherever I end up, whatever state I find myself in, and no matter what I experience I see every moment as a gift. Even the unpleasant ones. When I accepted that I was going to die, I had no clue what I was about to experience.

I wouldn't so much describe myself as being "afraid" of what dmt did to me. As much as anxious or being in shock. I knew it was going to be more than I had ever experienced. I knew I wasn't prepared. That's exactly why I did it. And while I'll be a little more moderate next time, I'll be eager to do it again.

Because why not? ❤️

Quetzal7
#12 Posted : 1/18/2023 8:20:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hiya
Generally, people try to have a couple sub kreakbrought experience before they overdose themself xD

I went to that kind of dosage/space
I met an etheric presence beyond space time, totally equaniminous - while "i" was experiencing all the Samsarra of the world , all the suffering that human can experience. But that presence, that was at the singularity of the Torus, was simultaniously a neutral observer of it all and , ultimately, the creator of The Consciousness.
The intensity and roughness of the ride left me in a similar state as you describe.
Not to scare you, but it's only 6 years after that i manage to integrate this experience, while doing a vipassana retreat (100 hour meditation in 10 days) ; i unpacked, milisecond by milisecond, breath after breath, what was there (and god, you have no idea how puch you DON'T remember about it ! ). Ultimately, it became one of the most valuable, inspiring, transcendental experience of my life

fink
#13 Posted : 1/18/2023 4:36:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Great read, thank you. Welcome to the madhouse.

The parallels between this and my first experiences are uncanny. My second attempt I wanted to get more than the first...so I just doubled the dose. Didn't even have a scale.

Couple of other times in the last few years where I have wildly over indulged and come out shaking and amused at my foolishness. The chaos is hard to forget. I have a definite edge of fear and respect for DMT that I do not have for any other substance.

I look forward to hearing your continuned reports.
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

ovata
#14 Posted : 1/19/2023 12:05:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah it seems like you've checked off the low-medium dose and the white-out dose, without anything in between. I'd shoot for something in the 25-30 mg range.

I've never been as far gone as what you describe with 70 mg, but around half that dose tends to be a good place. There's still fear and anxiety, but you should realize that you've taken DMT and it'll be over in a few minutes, without so much confusion like you describe.

Pandora
#15 Posted : 2/26/2023 3:48:53 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

BecauseWhyNot

Welcome to the Nexus and thank you for sharing this experience.

Sorry to be the pedant but you need to edit the end of the first paragraph as it is a breach of the rules. Just go in and edit the post to delete the reference and keep the rest would be my recommendation.

I haven't used spice in over 7 years but I remember in the early days trying a lot of different smoalking methods oftentimes with heavy and profound effects.

I was definitely from the 50 mgs days and a number of times sincerely and thoroughly got my rear handed to me in rather spectactular ways. I remember one experience I think I called OD'd and B-Slapped where I smoakled so much I blacked out or something then came down into ego death. Craazy. And yes, it makes one hesitate to pickup the pipe again.

DMT certainly encouraged humility and taught me the value of surrender and gratitude for lack of control.

I am so impressed that the current Nexians have developed reliable methods of breaking through on lower doses. I imagine the initial body load is at least somewhat reduced from that.

Integration time is imporant.

Having written that I suspect that working with lower doses is going to send you to amazing places.

I do hope you will continue to keep us posted.

-Pandora

"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

MuteUSO
#16 Posted : 2/26/2023 10:29:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello and welcome also from my side. And thank you so much for your interesting story. Rest assured, there are some folk around here that are carved from the same wood as you are, those who just like to take the plunge, because...why not.

I personally am from a different sort, I like to take it slow with any new substance that I try. I guess part of it is that I am highly sensitive to entheogens. And another part is that I always felt that I can get acquainted with the particular - yes, I like to call them that way - spirits best in that slow, careful way. I guess some may disagree with my approach, to each their own, right?

But as you were asking to ...

BecauseWhyNot wrote:
H see if maybe anyone could offer some advice or feedback to to help ease the process next time [...] I'm hoping that at a lower dose will give me an experience that my mind can make sense of. Something more coherent that I might actually be able to remember.

... I will share a slower approach. Vaping pure DMT alkaloids in high doses (even those designated as 'lower' around 25mg) compare somewhat to a rocket ship blasted into who knows were with at least warp 7. Vaping very small amounts - like tokes of 1-3mg at a time - combined with a dose of harmalas (either from caapi or rue) is the equivalent of a smooth sailing trip into hyperspace.

To be a bit more precise. You can, for example, start out with taking some rue or caapi brew, or chew some rue seeds, on its own to get acquainted with the effects of harmalas (please also read about them and the precautions to be taken when experimenting with MAOIs/RIMAs). Once you have an idea how the harmalas work on their own, just incorporate these small dmt tokes.

I find that from this approach, I can get much more 'meaning' out of trips, they somehow become slower as well. You also have much more control with respect to how far you want to go - take a toke and see where it gets you, if you feel like going deeper take another one; and once you think you have enough, just stop toking and let the boat ride for a couple of minutes of slowing down. Doing it this way, you can also prolong the experience - technically you could keep toking until the harmalas war off, which makes us talk about hours and not minutes.

Now, one important thing. Please be careful with the 'becausewhynot' attitude when attempting this approach. Harmalas not only slow down, but also greatly increase the effect of DMT, i.e. you need to vape much, much less to get far. And the thing is that the toke will not take effect instantly, but it may take a couple of minutes until you feel the full effects, so always wait a bit until taking the next toke. So, for example, a 25mg toke with enough harmalas in your system will probably get you farther out than your 70mg dose...and then you are stuck there for much longer than the usual 10 minute (pure) DMT blast-off.

Lastly, I will add, that the harmalas 'color' the experience a bit. But in my opinion in a good way. As mentioned, I find the experience more meaningful, and maybe also more spiritual. There is much more of a coherent story to the experience.

There is many names for this approach, such as 'vaporhuasca' or 'MAOI enhanced DMT vaping', etc. But if you want to get a good outlay of the practicalities of this approach just search for 'Minty Love + DMT' on YouTube. There are a couple of videos that you might find useful.

Again, welcome to the Nexus. I hope to get to read more of your adventures in hyperspace.