We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Vaporstar or Roor? Options

#1 Posted : 2/18/2010 11:53:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I dropped my bong tonight, irreperable damage done! I have only had it about 3 weeks as well - the last one got put in the freezer and forgotten about... Embarrased
Think I am going to get a nice one, and look after it this time. I narrowed it down to these 2:
Vaporstar & bong
Roor 100
Changa is my preference, and I dont think I will ever vape straight spice. Is the Vaporstar still the right tool for the job? The Roor looks good qualty, and just about small enough - would this be better for Changa?

Any opinions between these 2?
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

SnozzleBerry
#2 Posted : 2/19/2010 12:17:06 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Personally, I'd go with the vaporstar, no questions. It's been given great reviews by several well-known online publications and forums. Additionally, I wouldn't shell out the money for a RooR of that size/style, I prefer them a little bigger and/or artworked. Also, the vaporstar's more unique and got personality compared to that RooR, and I like my glass/smoking apparati to be novel and artistic. Plus you get a vaporizer bong! Just my thoughts...

SB
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Xt
#3 Posted : 2/19/2010 1:15:42 AM

Yeh id go with the Vapo for those very reasons. Plus they sound so dam cool when you rip them.
I bet you could use the vapostar for freebase too if you ever felt like it.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

idtravlr
#4 Posted : 2/19/2010 4:40:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I dunno man. Those are both glass. Perhaps you should get something less breakable... Laughing

Peace!
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

obliguhl
#5 Posted : 2/19/2010 8:27:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There's one problem with my vaporstar: Sometimes it gets so hot, that it somehow changes part of it's structure, making it impossible to refill sometimes.

#6 Posted : 2/19/2010 9:47:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OK, thanks, will probably go with the Vaporstar then. Hopefully I won't destroy it too quickly Laughing

One other question - the vaporstar contraption itself is just sat in the bong in the picture - can vapour be filtered through water the same way as smoke, or do you need to just use the bong as a pipe?
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

idtravlr
#7 Posted : 2/19/2010 11:00:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

1664 wrote:
OK, thanks, will probably go with the Vaporstar then. Hopefully I won't destroy it too quickly Laughing

One other question - the vaporstar contraption itself is just sat in the bong in the picture - can vapour be filtered through water the same way as smoke, or do you need to just use the bong as a pipe?

Personally, I can't understand why you would ever need to filter vapor through water. That is the point of the vaporizer. It's clean, smokeless, (generally) harmful toxin free, and it feels great when inhaled. I don't know for sure but vapor would probably just be absorbed (or re-solidified) by the water, and be rendered ineffective. Regardless, I don't understand why one would want water with a vaporizer.

Just curious, did you check out the Glass Vapor Genie? I looked at the VaporStar myself, and decided on the glass vapor genie instead. I absolutely LOVE it! It's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Cool

Peace!
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

obliguhl
#8 Posted : 2/19/2010 2:43:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Personally, I can't understand why you would ever need to filter vapor through water. That is the point of the vaporizer. It's clean, smokeless, (generally) harmful toxin free, and it feels great when inhaled.

No, it feels ver hot and hurts the lungs. Therefore the use of water.

idtravlr
#9 Posted : 2/20/2010 8:04:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
Quote:
Personally, I can't understand why you would ever need to filter vapor through water. That is the point of the vaporizer. It's clean, smokeless, (generally) harmful toxin free, and it feels great when inhaled.

No, it feels ver hot and hurts the lungs. Therefore the use of water.

Hmmm... SWIM must have a rockin' vaporizer then, because his is a smooooooooooth as velvet. Cool

-Terence McKenna

obliguhl
#10 Posted : 2/20/2010 9:31:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ambi-lysergance
#11 Posted : 2/20/2010 9:39:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
Or a rockin' Lung..

Laughing
ambi lysergance is a fictional character who in the realms of fantasy indulges in such topics as science, arts and psychoactive plant induced visions