We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psychedelic trance music Options

highest.noodle
#1 Posted : 1/12/2023 4:13:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

This is going to be my attempt to describe my experiences with psytrance music. I hate telling people that these experiences are ineffable, because in many cases they can be described to a certain extent by taking the time and writing them down. These are just some experiences from last year and my poor attempt to put them into words. I would love to hear experiences and descriptions of others, because I think most of us who really like psytrance experience similar things, but it would be interesting to hear other people describe them as well.

Here's a short documentary which summarises most peoples experiences if anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kidWxPd7sMw

I'm a huge psytrance fan and it's 99% of the music I've been listening to in the last few years. The music can literally make one feel high, but I can also listen to it while doing focused tasks. On substances like LSD, 2-CB and MDMA I had the most profound experiences of my life listening and dancing to psytrance on festivals and parties. In my view, it takes things to the next level compared to just consuming the substance and listening to mainstream psychedelic or non-psychedelic music. About a month ago I had a peak life experience on a psytrance party in Budapest while candy flipping (1/4 tab and 100mg + 50mg + 25mg MDMA). One of my favourite artists - Ace Ventura - was doing a 5h set and I got a completely new insight into the music. It felt like I was communicating with this musical entity in front of me. The communication was in the form of dancing and it was unlike anything I have ever experienced. I was 100% focused on the music and my body naturally followed the rhythm. In a way my body was moving unconsciously because my focus was 100% on the sound. At the peak of the experience, a guy came up to me and simply said "welcome home, man!". I couldn't believe what I heard, because it was exactly how I felt at that moment. It was like I entered another world where all people do is dance to the music they love. Last year at a festival in Hungary, I believe I saw some other people who were having a similar experience. The way they moved their bodies and the intense focus I saw in their eyes was one of the most beautiful things I ever saw (I was also on 150ug LSD).

The people in this music culture are something else and a proper psytrance party or festival is one of the most beautiful things one can experience in life. It has certainly been THE most beautiful experience of my life collectively with other people (sharing 1st place with my wedding day). The cool thing about these parties (unlike more mainstream EDM parties) is that because it's a fairly fringe music genre, the people attending are there because they REALLY like it. Drugs aren't even necessary to feel the oneness on the dancefloor, because most people are tuned to the same life frequency simply because of their love for psytrance. The vibe just consumes you and you can't help yourself but dance to it. This is something that seemed unimaginable to me before I got into psytrance. There was simply no way of getting me to dance.

I'll be forever grateful to the friend who showed me psytrance a couple years ago! It changed my life in ways I couldn't imagine before. I gained many new friends because of it, it took my relationship with my wife to the next level and probably experienced more love than I have in my entire life before that.

I would be interested to hear other people's experiences, even with other music genres.
Have you ever experienced something like this with music of any kind?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.