We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
On mosques Options

Sunnyside
#1 Posted : 1/5/2023 1:04:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"Mosques are filled with complex geometry, kaleidoscopic colour, and intricate ornamentation.
Why do they look like that?"

I happened across this -
https://en.rattibha.com/thread/1610289789940695041

I found the article interesting, in general, though I'm not at all religious, or even spiritual.

But particularly, the imagery evoked sensations of my DMT/psychedelic experiences.
In the twitter world where this was posted, I read several similar comments by others.
" Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
"No, they never did turn me into a toad." - Pete (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
"Are you a time traveller?" "No, I think I'm more of a time prisoner." - Nadia Vulvokov (Russian Doll)

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Tomtegubbe
#2 Posted : 1/5/2023 2:36:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some Islamic mystics seem to have had techniques to access mind states possibly similar to the DMT spaces. I started a topic about this some time back: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...px?g=posts&m=1115296

So I don't think it's too far fetched to think that some of these designs could be inspired by mystic visions. Then of course we live next to these psychedelic mind states even when we don't consciously access them and I see that the archetypal (or whatever you want to call it) world can very much inspire artists without a conscious psychedelic or mystic experience.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

dragonrider
#3 Posted : 1/5/2023 8:03:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Those geometric patterns are amazing.

Sunnyside
#4 Posted : 1/6/2023 4:54:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tomtegubbe wrote:
Some Islamic mystics seem to have had techniques to access mind states possibly similar to the DMT spaces. I started a topic about this some time back: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...px?g=posts&m=1115296

So I don't think it's too far fetched to think that some of these designs could be inspired by mystic visions. Then of course we live next to these psychedelic mind states even when we don't consciously access them and I see that the archetypal (or whatever you want to call it) world can very much inspire artists without a conscious psychedelic or mystic experience.

Not far fetched at all.

That's an intriguing thread.
"Are you a time traveller?" "No, I think I'm more of a time prisoner." - Nadia Vulvokov (Russian Doll)

Sunnyside
#5 Posted : 1/6/2023 4:55:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
Those geometric patterns are amazing.

I agree, my jaw just kind of dropped, seeing the so-familiar beauty.

Fridge
#6 Posted : 1/6/2023 3:27:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree these are stunning!

When I looked at these just now I remembered a chapter from the book "Doors of Perceptions " by Aldous Huxley where he describes how churches have used colorful lancet windows to induce a visionary state. I imagine people must have been even more impressed back then, as they weren't bombarded with visual stimuli every day.

The builders of mosques probably had a similar goal in mind and in my opinion they did a better job.
...no need to worry...

Tomtegubbe
#7 Posted : 1/6/2023 10:24:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

On a side note, I find it beautiful how the mystical experience connects us to that which is beautiful in different traditions and cuts through dogmas and social barriers. Sufi mystics often say God is beauty, and beauty is something we can only experience, not rationalize.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

THanoC
#8 Posted : 1/7/2023 3:14:53 PM

It is a worthy pursuit to try to decrease the amount of pain you bring into the world

i have been aware of this phenomenon since my first DMT experience, what i saw was literally a cathedral like place with columns and a dome, it was all made of vibrant colors (orange,golden,blue,pink) but it somehow looked extremely realistic, accompanied by a sense of something/someone really powerful being around.
other experiences from people on the web seem to agree, this is something many people have experienced.
To fathom Hell or soar angelic,
Just take a pinch of psychedelic

Exitwound
#9 Posted : 1/7/2023 5:51:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In before you discover hidden mushrooms in christian churches and symbolics Smile

Sunnyside
#10 Posted : 1/9/2023 1:03:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Exitwound wrote:
In before you discover hidden mushrooms in christian churches and symbolics Smile
I mean no disrespect to anyone when I say I find christian symbolics and depictions to be mostly creepy and weird.

Perhaps that is why I found this discussion of mosques fascinating and the depicted art to be sublime.

But now I will remember to look for mushrooms.
Or maybe I won't remember. I'm pretty old.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#11 Posted : 1/10/2023 9:27:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sunnyside, just do an online image search for 'psychedelic mushroom art christian' and it will pull up many images. Some cool stuff.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Jees
#12 Posted : 1/10/2023 10:12:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This cannot rival the fine colorful details of mosques, but someone once hinted me that Vienna architecture looked trippy sometimes, I didn't understand until digging pictures. In contrast to mosques the architecture was not meant to be mystical and still some factor dripped in.
Jees attached the following image(s):
v1.jpg (203kb) downloaded 53 time(s).
v2.jpg (472kb) downloaded 53 time(s).
v3.jpg (460kb) downloaded 52 time(s).
v4.jpg (285kb) downloaded 53 time(s).

THanoC
#13 Posted : 9/3/2023 12:50:09 AM

It is a worthy pursuit to try to decrease the amount of pain you bring into the world

Smile
THanoC attached the following image(s):
225635288_909086903284926_1534437514857344853_n.jpg (319kb) downloaded 34 time(s).
To fathom Hell or soar angelic,
Just take a pinch of psychedelic