We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Quinine as an alternative MAOI Options

k6
#1 Posted : 1/2/2023 5:44:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all, long time lurker and first time poster here. Also, apologies if this is in the wrong subforum or has been covered before.

I recently read that quinine, an alkaloid found in the bark of the cinchona tree and also commonly added to tonic water, can act as a competitive inhibitor of MAO ( https://www.jstage.jst.g...8/37/2/37_2_363/_article ). I was wondering if anyone has been able to achieve pharma/anahuasca type effects using quinine/tonic water and DMT?

best,
k6

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Loveall
#2 Posted : 1/2/2023 11:23:43 AM

โค๏ธโ€🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Quinine can be bad for tinitus, I would not personally use it. Has other side effects too.

Link to some data below. Tinitus appears usually within a month of regular use. Very high rates for females and older people.

https://www.ehealthme.com/ds/quinine/tinnitus/
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

k6
#3 Posted : 1/9/2023 1:40:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the information and link loveall, definitely won't be consuming tonic regularly after reading this. I guess I'm still interested for curiosity's sake.. I might be willing to do an experiment..once or twice, but I'm a bit concerned about any contraindications, and I don't know if its really worth it with the accessibility of rue. Also knowing the correct dose could be a bit tricky to figure out..

Toshido
#4 Posted : 1/9/2023 7:43:35 AM

Research & Development

k6 wrote:
Thanks for the information and link loveall, definitely won't be consuming tonic regularly after reading this. I guess I'm still interested for curiosity's sake.. I might be willing to do an experiment..once or twice, but I'm a bit concerned about any contraindications, and I don't know if its really worth it with the accessibility of rue. Also knowing the correct dose could be a bit tricky to figure out..

If you don't know or are having doubts it's always a good sign to just NOT do it. There are plenty of ways to get MAOI containing substances. Definitely don't want to be cutting corners with something that demands a lot of respect. With hallucinogens, it's most often best to play it safe than to learn from mistakes. IMO.
🌳👨โ€🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨โ€🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
โœดโœดโœด - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

k6
#5 Posted : 1/11/2023 6:28:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Fair enough. Thanks for all the support and great information here at the nexus.

Best,
k6