We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Extract burning in GVG? Time for new ceramic lid? Options

acacian
#1 Posted : 12/29/2022 5:27:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So when I fire my vapor genie now the extract is burning.. it seems like the ceramic filter has maybe loosened and more heats getting in than should.. it is smoke now not vapor. Has anyone had this happen? Would a new lid fix the problem?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 12/29/2022 9:07:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you using a torch lighter? Is it possible the lighter is more powerful than you used before or you are keeping it too close to the ceramic filter?

Even when the GVG is new, you can still burn an extract (or changa) if you go too strong with the torch lighter. Just back up the lighter a bit.

murklan
#3 Posted : 12/29/2022 10:04:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a GVG Bat version and have been using metal 'drip pads' for pre melting the DMT. I wonder if they get old/used and will work less efficient over time? Any experiences?
I've cleaned them with strong ethanol and have been burning them with a torch. But I still wonder if they clog up inside... Might make new ones from steel wool myself.
But does it need to be stainless, and how fine is the best (0 to 0000)?

Mister_Niles
#4 Posted : 12/29/2022 11:36:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This happened to me. My ceramic diffuser just sort of started crumbling. Try a new one. either that or your flame is too high. I think your filter being loose is probably the issue.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay