We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Phlux's Quick Mescaline Hcl Recrystallization tek. Options

Phlux-
#1 Posted : 2/18/2010 9:46:16 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

This tek imo beats the mek tek hands down for quickly cleaning up dirty mescaline.

The mescaline hcl to be cleaned is placed in a vial

A tiny amount of water is added

Copius amounts of acetone is added

The solution is stirred

Once the precipitates settle, the clear solution above is filtered off and and evaporated to yeild

as you can see by the next pic there is still slight color in there so the mescaline still contains non mesc alkaloids - an mek re-x can clean them up but with this batch of cactus the non mesc alkaloids are very enjoyable.

The part that was washed off still contains a bit of mescaline - that can be washed with acetone, then picked up in water - filtered and evaporated to rescue any lost mescaline.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

idtravlr
#2 Posted : 2/18/2010 9:51:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux - You are the man! You are getting SWIM crazy excited for his upcoming mesc. tek! Very happy

Peace!
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

camakazi
#3 Posted : 2/18/2010 11:05:40 AM

RUN DMT

phlux.. You are a legend my friend!

A mate of mine will be very happy when he reads this Pleased
"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

The playful ballad of the sacred salad.

Jorkest
#4 Posted : 2/18/2010 1:28:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

badass man...legend indeed

wizards..
it's a sound

antichode
#5 Posted : 2/19/2010 3:26:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wicked Phlux!

Can you tell us, how much did you lose to the precipitate? I dont understand how all the mesc stays dissolved in the water/acetone... I mean, when swims friend washes with acetone almost nothing dissolves (except all the other alkaloids), so is it all just hanging around in the water that was added?

Is the precipitate mostly other alkaloids? or mostly mescaline? And what causes it too drop out if there is sufficieent water in the acetone?

Your origninal mesc looks good enough to goble up as it is.... I admire your pursuit for purity

Madcap
#6 Posted : 2/19/2010 4:59:17 AM

illudium Q-36

First off.... SWEET! You are the man. Your cactus prepping tutorial was top notch (i don't know if its on the wiki, but it should be)

This is just beautiful.

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

Aegle
#7 Posted : 2/19/2010 2:15:47 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Wow! I'm going to be beaming with pride and joy for a long time to come...

Much Peace and Sunshine
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

Phlux-
#8 Posted : 3/22/2010 7:11:11 AM

The Root

the liquid portion evapped

the solids disolved in water and evapped

they both are bitter but the solvent evap pile tastes more like mesc to me
antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

w0mbat
#9 Posted : 7/5/2010 3:46:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why do you add water before acetone? Isn't that H2O just going to carry off a bunch of your mecaline?

Also, what was your percent yield with this procedure?
benzyme wrote:

i'm tellin ya, one day i'll interface a mass spec and uv-vis spectrophotometer to a modular synthesizer

Phlux-
#10 Posted : 7/5/2010 4:03:05 PM

The Root

you just evap and repeat the proceedure to keep getting clean mesc out - first time round most comes out tho - expect a loss tho caus this is pure mesc - eat the leftovers later and see.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

soulfood
#11 Posted : 7/16/2010 11:35:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I'm giving this a try now on 900mg light tan mesc.

Did anyone else notice once the precips settle, did you notice small bubbles rising to the top? Is this just trapped air escaping or is something weird going down?

Edit: Well, I filtered out the precips which as it happened was mostly hair, dust and this brown/greyish stuff which altogether reminded me of cleaning my sink. Now I've put the precips once again in water and added the 'tone, just to retrieve what will probably be very trace amounts of mesc.

This looks pretty damn promising though.

Now I'm off to buy a hat, just so I can tip it to the good Sir Phlux Pleased

w0mbat
#12 Posted : 7/16/2010 11:07:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How is the procedure different from simply dissolving crude mescaline in water and filtering off the insoluble stuff? I apologize if I'm missing something.
benzyme wrote:

i'm tellin ya, one day i'll interface a mass spec and uv-vis spectrophotometer to a modular synthesizer

soulfood
#13 Posted : 7/16/2010 11:28:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

w0mbat wrote:
How is the procedure different from simply dissolving crude mescaline in water and filtering off the insoluble stuff? I apologize if I'm missing something.

That would get out air born particles like the dust, but this procedure of adding the acetone drops something out of the solution that isn't mescaline, that is soluble in water alone.

Whatever the chemistry involved may be, I can testify that before the process my mescaline was a tan powder, now it's sparkles Smile

futura
#14 Posted : 7/18/2010 3:49:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
w0mbat wrote:

That would get out air born particles like the dust, but this procedure of adding the acetone drops something out of the solution that isn't mescaline, that is soluble in water alone.

Whatever the chemistry involved may be, I can testify that before the process my mescaline was a tan powder, now it's sparkles Smile

Ok im a little bit confused...is just the acetone siphoned off and evaped leaving the water/junk behind??

soulfood
#15 Posted : 7/18/2010 3:50:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

futura wrote:
soulfood wrote:
w0mbat wrote:

Ok im a little bit confused...is just the acetone siphoned off and evaped leaving the water/junk behind??

The mescaline is in the acetone/water portion. The solids that drop out once the acetone is added are discarded.

Simples Smile

Phlux-
#16 Posted : 7/18/2010 9:47:00 AM

The Root

err - the mesc drops out too - some remains in the water tho thats why its repeated.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

soulfood
#17 Posted : 7/18/2010 11:28:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux- wrote:
err - the mesc drops out too - some remains in the water tho thats why its repeated.

eh? Confused

You sure about that? That's not what you said in the OP and that's certainly not what I have found.

Sure, small amounts of mescaline precipped with the solids, but I'm talking less than 50 out of 900mg. Then these were redisolved and dropped out, then once collected didn't taste bitter at all.

Unless I'm not adding anywhere near enough acetone, but it seems to me that the first fraction to drop out certainly isn't mescaline.

You've got me pretty damn confused now.

dg
#18 Posted : 7/18/2010 4:16:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

Phlux- wrote:

tried doing this at cold temps?
may find reduced solubility a plus, for the above reason

Phlux-
#19 Posted : 7/18/2010 7:51:00 PM

The Root

ooops oops - so sorry - i was thinking of something unrelated - scrap what i said - stick to the op and what soulfood is saying.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

soulfood
#20 Posted : 7/18/2010 7:59:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You were just testing me weren't you? Pleased

123NEXT