We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can I resurrect a dried up Q21Q21 tek Options

Mister_Niles
#1 Posted : 12/23/2022 2:44:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You know how sometimes life gets in the way? Well, I started a Q21Q21 extraction. I did my first pull and got around 300mgs and then I got covid. Then I got post covid syndrome stuff. Then all kinds of horrible stuff happened and I got sidetracked. So this thing has been sitting in a covered container in my cool dry basement for over a year. It is hard as a rock.
Is it worth rehydrating it, maybe re-basing (??) and trying more pulls?

Has anyone had something like this happen? Will it all be oxide (which I don't really mind) or is it totally trashed? There should be 700mgs left in there from my experience with this batch of MHRB.

Thanks.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Loveall
#2 Posted : 12/23/2022 2:56:06 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

I think rehydration should work. You shouldn't need to the re-base. I don't think DMT oxidation happens (instead it is DMT polymorphism).
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Mister_Niles
#3 Posted : 12/23/2022 4:49:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the input. I've started rehydrating. I think it's going to take a little while. It is like a stone. Thanks for the correction on the science. I've haven't been following for the last few years.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

famine
#4 Posted : 12/23/2022 5:58:23 PM

Entheogen Enthusiast

Chemical expert

Mister_Niles wrote:
Thanks for the input. I've started rehydrating. I think it's going to take a little while. It is like a stone. Thanks for the correction on the science. I've haven't been following for the last few years.

Crush it up as much as you can, it should hydrate easier

Mister_Niles
#5 Posted : 12/24/2022 12:46:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah. I did. It's finally at the point where I was able to use a hand mixer. Still some small pebbles in it. I'm going to give it a day, warm it up a little bit and do a pull. Hoping for success.

- Art Van D'lay

Loveall
#6 Posted : 12/24/2022 1:16:04 AM

❤️‍🔥

If your product is oily instead of xtaline, you can do a mini A/B to reset the DMT polymorphism.

Mister_Niles
#7 Posted : 12/24/2022 1:15:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah. thanks for bringing that up.
I now recall doing a mini a/b on a MHRB STB that gave me oil, then recrystallizing with heptane. I wish that was as easy for me to obtain as naphtha is. I prefer it for recrystallizing. I love the smell of the stuff too.

I've been very lucky with extractions. The only time I've ended up with pure oil was when I tried using xylene. It was really interesting, brick red oil that I suppose is what people call Jungle. The experiences were different, but that may have been my mindset. If I get oil with this one, at least it will be a fun getting it into a crystalline form. I'll report back on results and yield. I've read too many posts about throwing viable extractions in the trash.

Thanks for your help. I've been away for a long while and I'm starting to remember why I used to basically live on this site.

- Art Van D'lay

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 1/2/2023 4:59:47 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Sp - how did it turn out?

When I did this with a dried out cactus/lime paste once long ago, it turned out to be better!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Mister_Niles
#9 Posted : 1/2/2023 6:09:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I ran into a problem that has slowed me down. In the time between abandoning and resurrecting the extraction, my state banned the sale of naphtha. I am in the process of obtaining naphtha. I'll report asap.

- Art Van D'lay

Loveall
#10 Posted : 1/2/2023 6:45:25 PM

❤️‍🔥

Mister_Niles wrote:

I ran into a problem that has slowed me down. In the time between abandoning and resurrecting the extraction, my state banned the sale of naphtha. I am in the process of obtaining naphtha. I'll report asap.

I assume they banned hardware store painter's naphtha? What about lighter fluid? Usually a mix of light hydrocarbons (light naphtha) that is known to work.

Mister_Niles
#11 Posted : 1/2/2023 10:02:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You read my mind. Or I read yours. I did my first pull and have it in the freezer now. I've been sort of dogmatic about not using lighter fluid. I think it was from a decade ago on the nexus when a lot of people seemed to have an attitude about using it. It evapped clean though, so I tried it. Personally, I prefer heptane, but it's so expensive and not locally available.
I lost a lot of solvent on the first pull. More than I have in the past. You always lose some with the Q21Q21 tek, but in this case I lost half of what I put in. We'll see how things go.

- Art Van D'lay