We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
do you suggest medication to lower heart rate for mushroom trip? Options

goodone22
#1 Posted : 12/21/2022 2:05:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i was reading a page
they say even low doses of magic mushroom can make your heart beat faster and make you anxious.
do you think any medication can help on that thing?maybe opioids(which is easy for me to use)?
or beta blockers?
and i am a little worried about this because i am going to use an antipsychotic medication and it can do interact with the other one.i'm not sure which one is better for me

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 12/21/2022 8:25:39 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Looks like the propaganda's done it's job on you, so why aren't you just saying 'no'?

Your best bet at this stage is taking up a regular meditation practice, alongside a healthy lifestyle with plenty of exercise and contact with nature. Maybe see a therapist about your issues with anxiety too. And why do I suggest meditation? Because the single most useful technique I've found over the decades is the ability to just breathe through the difficult bits.

The cardiovascular effects of a low dose of mushrooms are largely insignificant - especially in comparison with the effects of a high dose as I once unwittingly found out. That was where the meditation and breathing really came in useful for preventing the tachycardia getting any worse. Some mushrooms may present a stronger cardiovascular effect than others as well on account of the varying levels of phenethylamine that they can contain: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9491968/

All in all, I would strongly suggest you stay away from all drugs unless you specifically need them to treat a diagnosed medical condition. Even then, the lamotrigine you were prescribed (iirc) seems like a suspect choice on account of its possible side-effects. Or are you using a different antipsychotic now?

We've said here before, if you've a medical history of psychosis you absolutely should not be using psychedelics, and trying psychedelics while taking antipsychotic medication will nullify their effects anyhow so why bother?

Have you written any notes about your experiences with 6-APB yet?

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

goodone22
#3 Posted : 12/21/2022 11:01:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Looks like the propaganda's done it's job on you, so why aren't you just saying 'no'?

Have you written any notes about your experiences with 6-APB yet?

where are the others?seems like you are carrying others place these days.
i'm not using any prescribed medication now.
and i have used other psychedelics before,but i guess using mushroom can make my thoughts about life more correct.
i have doubt that maybe things go wrong,thats why i probably dont use it this time.but i bought some mushroom and i am waiting for a proper time.
i have heard this quote couple times that everyone should use this drug at least once in their life.
this is one of reasons i think i should use it.
albeit i have a bad history of doing what everyone advice to me.but i'm not sure about this one.
i'm not that much psychotic but i have the potential.
i guess low doses won't make anyone into psychosis.what do you think?

pointy hat
#4 Posted : 12/22/2022 2:32:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

goodie-- you make a couple of threads a day, each voicing a concern or hesitation in regards to the psychedelic experience. you are using a community as a constant sounding board for every minuscule fret you have over something that just isn't for everyone

like DFZ has wisely advised, might be time to walk away and find another avenue for the growth you're seeking; or, ya know, SH*T OR GET OFF THE POT

can it feel like a lifetime on a trip? absolutely.
can psychs make your heart race? you bet.
life more strange after extensive tripping? totally.

if you're hung up on all these what-ifs before you head in, they're all a lot more likely to manifest. I don't think the psychedelic experience is especially fond of a better safe than sorry mindset. you're either earnestly called to it and answer, genuinely curious to see beyond the veil-- or you're just faking it. I have seen folks whose hearts just weren't in it reap the consequences of writing a check their proverbial ass just couldn't cash. some are fine, able to laugh off an unpleasant, but ultimately temporary event. others, ehh, worse for wear. and on that note, you shouldn't feel bad in walking away if you find it's all in all just not for you. even if that means just right now at the moment. the only people who would point and laugh are those who haven't learned a single lesson from the trips they boastfully yammer on about as if anyone cares.

peace to you, goodie!

goodone22
#5 Posted : 12/22/2022 12:15:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pointy hat wrote:
goodie-- you make a couple of threads a day, each voicing a concern or hesitation in regards to the psychedelic experience. you are using a community as a constant sounding board for every minuscule fret you have over something that just isn't for everyone
those who haven't learned a single lesson from the trips they boastfully yammer on about as if anyone cares.

peace to you, goodie!

thankyou for second part of your post.
about the first part,should i stop doing this threads at all?
because this is the whole reason i came to this forum,if i wanted to experience myself i could just use the drug and never tell anyone here.
i think asking these kind of questions can help many other people and i felt an absence place of these questions,i searched about them and didn't find anything similar here.for me these kind of questions are the most important threads of the internet.
i know many psychonauts are those kind of explorers who like to do on their own with no pre knowledge and no spoil(like a movie).but i don't want to risk that much.i'm not at a safe happy time in my life and i'm not sure if it gets better.
so i need some guide to decide with an open mind.i have other questions but after seeing this post(and before that downwardsfromzero) i got hesitant to make new topics.

ShadedSelf
#6 Posted : 12/22/2022 1:37:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the point here is that all your questions seem to boil down to the same thing, fear.
Some of our answers are actually targetting what we understand to be that underlying question.

Why do you want to try psychedelics?
Whats wrong with your life right now?

If you really want to try them, my advice is to forget about trying to control every variable to try to make the experience become risk free, let your fear come with you.
Start very low and work your way up slowly so you get a sense of where your limits are.

goodone22
#7 Posted : 12/23/2022 7:32:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

should this thread be transferred into Help and Advice for Healing ?

Ice House
#8 Posted : 12/24/2022 5:41:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

You get out of the mushroom experience what you take into the mushroom experience. A small ammount of anxiety is okay and for most normal. Aniety to the point where you are considering taking something before mushrooms is fear. Taking fear into a mushroom trip probaly isnt going to go well for you. Sounds like you have some things to work on? I would recommend a sitter. Someone to hold space for you. Youre going to have to face your demons. Accept that you are going to have to kill this fear if you ever want to dive in and do any serious work with mushrooms. Serously. Brutal honesty to end 2023.
Fear is the enemy.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

goodone22
#9 Posted : 12/26/2022 1:55:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ice House wrote:
You get out of the mushroom experience what you take into the mushroom experience. A small ammount of anxiety is okay and for most normal. Aniety to the point where you are considering taking something before mushrooms is fear. Taking fear into a mushroom trip probaly isnt going to go well for you. Sounds like you have some things to work on? I would recommend a sitter. Someone to hold space for you. Youre going to have to face your demons. Accept that you are going to have to kill this fear if you ever want to dive in and do any serious work with mushrooms. Serously. Brutal honesty to end 2023.
Fear is the enemy.

I Think its good to mention that i have tachycardia(fast heart rate) thats why i was worried about it

Bill Cipher
#10 Posted : 12/26/2022 7:00:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

goodone22 wrote:
I Think its good to mention that i have tachycardia(fast heart rate) thats why i was worried about it

That's an excellent reason to avoid psychedelics. Anything you take to slow it down is just going to blunt any psychedelic effects anyway, so why put yourself through something unpleasant and potentially dangerous?

Maybe ask yourself why you're so intent on doing this when you clearly have significant anxiety over it and are actively looking for counter measures before you've even tried it...?

goodone22
#11 Posted : 12/26/2022 8:01:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:
goodone22 wrote:

That's an excellent reason to avoid psychedelics. Anything you take to slow it down is just going to blunt any psychedelic effects anyway, so why put yourself through something unpleasant and potentially dangerous?

Maybe ask yourself why you're so intent on doing this when you clearly have significant anxiety over it and are actively looking for counter measures before you've even tried it...?

cause it may show me truths that i was always looking for them.
there was a time i was very scared and i thought maybe i shouldn't have ever searched for truths in my life,maybe all sciences and all the human searching for knowledge is wrong.it was very disturbing and i was crying and trying to somehow deceive myself to be able to continue my life again.it was some kind of psychedelic related deliriums i guess.
these days people suggest me to not use psychedelic,i think its maybe some kind of warning entities or God is trying to show me by others.
but i doubt it maybe im just magnifying too much on little things.

Soloist
#12 Posted : 12/27/2022 12:54:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don’t mean this disrespectfully, but, You seem a little high strung…maybe a bit paranoid.
I’m only saying this because maybe if you really are intent on trying psychedics, it might benefit you to put some distance between that choice and partaking. Time to prepare and ease your self into it. Maybe take up meditation first?

Maybe mushrooms though aren’t the psychedelic for you? I haven’t had them yet but I understand their lessons can be fast pace and confusing-frantic even.
Consider mescaline cacti? I’ve heard it called the β€œCadillac of psychedelics”, much gentler then other options.
Though heart rate is still a concern.

I myself have high blood pressure and am on a mild calcium channel blocker (amlodipine besylate), so I feel your concern.
When I prepare for cactus ingestion (still working up to a full dose), I put myself on a strict diet for a week before. Lean meats, rice or sweet potato and vegetables. The point is to avoid tyramine containing foods as from my research they can cause vasoconstriction that worsens with psychedelics- talk about making tachycardia worse.

I think if you are going to go down that path you need to take your time and read read read read my friend. Knowledge will do nothing but help you.

Voidmatrix
#13 Posted : 12/27/2022 2:14:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

goodone22 wrote:
these days people suggest me to not use psychedelic,i think its maybe some kind of warning entities or God is trying to show me by others.
but i doubt it maybe im just magnifying too much on little things.

In regards to the members of this forum mentioning such things, it's likely because you seem to have a great great many concerns about entering the psychedelic space, and many of said concerns many members find either minimal or necessary risk taken in order to have the experience.

This is an observation (so don't think that I'm telling you not to share your concerns and trepidations, quite the contrary, please do. We want you to be safe and fulfilled by these experiences and want to help you) : You will post a thread with a highly specific questions that have many presuppositions (that are perhaps not being addressed). The initial question will be answered, but perhaps not to your liking, so a new questions (or series of questions) comes forth. Then the pattern continues. It's almost like encountering a hydra.

As a psychedelic guidework practitioner, I just want you to get what you may need from these experiences, be that "truth," healing, growth, and perhaps have a little fun also.

An idea: weigh .2g (200mg) or mushrooms and take it when you have some free time. It will likely be a very very light experience if you feel anything at all. After the experience is over, write about it, even if nothing happened. Try to write about it from the position of the observer, just taking note of how the experience felt, what you noticed, what you enjoyed, what you didn't like, etc. Being in the position of the observer is to help you avoid making any unnecessary connotations about the experience (the power of suggestion, including self-suggestion, is a powerful force. And we all deal with it to some degree).

The next time you have some free time, weigh .5g (500mg) and do the same thing. You will likely feel more than the last time. Then write about it in the same manner.

Next time some play time arises, weigh out 1g and do the same thing as the previous two times.

Keep doing this, increasing the dose by .5g (500mg) each time until you find a dose that provides the kind of experience you're looking for. Sure it'll take a little time, but you'll learn a lot through this process.

Lastly, try to make sure you're using the same strain of mushroom each time.

I hope this helps.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

ShadedSelf
#14 Posted : 12/27/2022 11:29:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I think you might benefit from psycehdelics, but more than anything youd probably want to meditate.

Psychedelics are definately a valid path for growth but they do require you to put in the work and effort IME. They can be a bit of a silver bullet some times, but I wouldnt count on that.

Meditation lets you get to the same place, just more slowly, consistently and safely. Whataver you get from it will be more grounded and easily cemented within the self.

Honestly, in regards to that last comment, Ive wondered myself if there is any difference between hyperspace entities and internet forums Very happy

_Trip_
#15 Posted : 12/27/2022 11:45:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with majority if not all that has been said so far.

But to answer your question for anyone who has prepared well for a trip but wants to control and lower their rate, a beta blocker would work well and would not interact with the mushrooms.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

goodone22
#16 Posted : 12/27/2022 12:07:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Soloist wrote:
I don’t mean this disrespectfully, but, You seem a little high strung…maybe a bit paranoid.
I’m only saying this because maybe if you really are intent on trying psychedics, it might benefit you to put some distance between that choice and partaking. Time to prepare and ease your self into it. Maybe take up meditation first?

Maybe mushrooms though aren’t the psychedelic for you? I haven’t had them yet but I understand their lessons can be fast pace and confusing-frantic even.
Consider mescaline cacti? I’ve heard it called the β€œCadillac of psychedelics”, much gentler then other options.
Though heart rate is still a concern.

i have used Peyote but it didn't work.i think it was lower than required dose.it was around 5 grams i guess.but mescaline is varied in every cacti.and i thought mescaline is much harder??!
i've heard mushrooms are the most safe psychedelics.i am not sure but i have heard that mescaline wasn't a comfy drug.
today after you suggested i read some reports on erowid that changed my mind.one of them said it is better than MDMA!
ecstacy is my favorite drug.but i guess he is exaggerating because other people didn't say that.
and mescaline has a long duration which may make me tired of it.i am not sure how much time distortion it makes.but i am thinking of using mescaline instead of psilosybin.thanks for the suggestion.

Voidmatrix wrote:

what do you think about mescaline?did you ever used it?how much time distortion it makes?cause i don't want to be on psychedelic all day.
and you typed the dosage wrong i guess.1 gram is equal to 1000 milligram. not 100 mg
about presuppositions i always try to address them in my threads if thats a new thing for members.
but i thought they are familiar with them,i can modify them if you tell me which one has problem.

Voidmatrix
#17 Posted : 12/27/2022 12:18:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

goodone22 wrote:
what do you think about mescaline?did you ever used it?how much time distortion it makes?cause i don't want to be on psychedelic all day.
and you typed the dosage wrong i guess.1 gram is equal to 1000 milligram. not 100 mg
about presuppositions i always try to address them in my threads if thats a new thing for members.
but i thought they are familiar with them,i can modify them if you tell me which one has problem.

Mescaline lasts between 8 and 14 hours. Mushrooms are around 5 hours.

0.1g=100mg, 1g=1000mg mg=1/1000th of a gram.

And you're posting fine. It was an overall observation to help you help us help you better Smile

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

goodone22
#18 Posted : 12/27/2022 12:41:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

good to mention...that cacti i used wasn't peyote...it was asterias.
https://cactusconservation.org/CCI/t2c_1.html
i recognized it by different root which is like every normal vegetable while peyote has a worm like root.
there were two sellers where i bought it one of them told me its a psychedelic cacti its dangerous give it back and change with another cactus.even the seller misidentified that cactus.
and i said humbly(to stay anonymous) oh no i didn't knew it is that dangerous devil...too bad...Very happy
but i am buying it to put near my window to be a happy natural ordinary guy.and i went out.

downwardsfromzero
#19 Posted : 12/27/2022 6:04:19 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Astrophytum asterias is not suitable for use as an entheogen (well, I guess you realise that now...)

What you might want to try is growing your own Trichocereus cacti. If you can give sufficient dedication to your plants (including sourcing active specimens) in order to grow a few assured effective doses you'll likely find that you've been bringing your own life into order for the experience. That's how it worked for me, at least - but it did take something like twenty years. It does serve to highlight how there is no hurry in these things, you could say.

Meanwhile, see if you can learn a few breathing exercises and lower that heart rate of yours.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Soloist
#20 Posted : 12/28/2022 3:05:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

What you might want to try is growing your own Trichocereus cacti. If you can give sufficient dedication to your plants (including sourcing active specimens) in order to grow a few assured effective doses you'll likely find that you've been bringing your own life into order for the experience. That's how it worked for me, at least - but it did take something like twenty years. It does serve to highlight how there is no hurry in these things, you could say.

Sage advice here OP.
I have also found that I’ve been bringing my life into order as a result of aiming for the experience.

Remember, the lesson is just as much in the path as it is in the destination.

12NEXT