We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
CIELO goo Options

Stranglehold
#1 Posted : 12/21/2022 5:33:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

First post

I'm just posting to report that I attempted to use the CIELO tek with Peruvian Torch powder and got goo, with some clear material stuck to the walls of the vessel. This was my first attempt at CIELO and I followed the steps carefully.

Furthermore, the yield was so low that I didn't bother measuring it. I have previously done an alcohol extraction with the same batch of material with satisfactory (if messy) results.

I will attempt again with the fast extraction method and 25g of material instead of 100g to ensure that I am following the tek correctly.

Thanks to Loveall and all of the contributors for creating and distributing the tek!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Loveall
#2 Posted : 12/21/2022 11:52:07 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Do you want to try to recover / have you recovered the goo? How?

When you say yield was low, what do you mean? The goo will be difficult to measure.

All the mescaline is still there to recover. Do you know which cactus plant was used to make the powder?
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Madhattress
#3 Posted : 1/19/2023 11:09:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Stranglehold wrote:
First post

I'm just posting to report that I attempted to use the CIELO tek with Peruvian Torch powder and got goo, with some clear material stuck to the walls of the vessel. This was my first attempt at CIELO and I followed the steps carefully.

Furthermore, the yield was so low that I didn't bother measuring it. I have previously done an alcohol extraction with the same batch of material with satisfactory (if messy) results.

I will attempt again with the fast extraction method and 25g of material instead of 100g to ensure that I am following the tek correctly.

Thanks to Loveall and all of the contributors for creating and distributing the tek!

Did you recover all the mescaline from the goo? Thats where most of it would be.

I did my first Cielo Extraction a few weeks ago and also had goo because of water droplets i didnt see. I then got advised to add dry Ethyl Acetate to crystalize the goo. I did this and got just over 3 Grams mescaline citrate from 100g dry cactus.

I also did the HCl extraction the same week and of the two I was most pleased with the Cielo tek. It really is such an amazing extraction techinique and will be the one I will be using from now on.
“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence McKenna

Spiralout
#4 Posted : 1/20/2023 2:10:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm posting here because I don't want to begin a new thread and have a related question (don't want to hijack it).

I haven't extracted cactus in nearly a decade. I would like to do the quickest, easiest possible extraction on some cacti I have that are very infected and unfortunately unsalvageable (one clone in particular I am very disappointed to see go; I have no other cuttings of it and it was expensive when I bought a small piece years ago).

I don't want to go near xylene or toluene or any other terribly obvious and smelly solvents.

TL;DR : LoveAll; do you think an extraction of this sort (the newer teks) would /could yield a product that is free from any (or most) of the fungi/bacteria that are present in the starting material (I will ofc cut out, and dispose, any part which is terribly rotted, but the rot is of course systemic and just because a piece doesn't conspicuously appear rotted doesn't mean that it is not harboring organisms).

Thanks; hope alls going good man

merkin
#5 Posted : 1/20/2023 9:11:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spiralout wrote:
I don't want to go near xylene or toluene or any other terribly obvious and smelly solvents.

One word Spiralout - CIELO. It's the tek you're looking for. Period.

I did it with literally putrid liquified mushy cactus that decomposed while in the dark. I dried the liquid mess to a crackly resin type thing, crushed it to powder and dehydrated any semi- or solid matter and the result was perfectly pure needle crystals of monomescaline citrate. The state of the starting material seems to be of no consequence. I know nothing about fungal infections though, but seriously you should have seen (and smelt) the decomposed cactus mess that became crystals via CIELO. (pics in the main thread)

Re: Goo

Now honestly, goo is ime a result of doing something wrong in executing the tek. Don't want to be harsh or negative or critical but it really is true. Like many of us I got goo first time as well. Shroombee and Loveall got me sorted. And the goo eventually crystalised as well! CIELO tek is super simple, but that doesn't mean no care, patience and diligence is required. Practice will definitely improve the results.

I promise.

Spiralout
#6 Posted : 1/20/2023 11:21:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dude. Thank you merkin.

Looks like cacti is in the near future.

Thumbs up

ronthompson3333
#7 Posted : 4/19/2023 1:09:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Madhattress: How long did you wait after adding the citric acid to wash the goo with dry ethyl acetate. Also, how did you dry your ethyl acetate. Did you put it in the freezer or just use 99.8% anhydrous ethyl acetate? Additionally, how many mLs of ethyl acetate did you wash with? I just completed the tek and got goo as well. Looking for any help at all to try to recover it. Thanks!

Madhattress wrote:
Stranglehold wrote:
First post

Did you recover all the mescaline from the goo? Thats where most of it would be.

I did my first Cielo Extraction a few weeks ago and also had goo because of water droplets i didnt see. I then got advised to add dry Ethyl Acetate to crystalize the goo. I did this and got just over 3 Grams mescaline citrate from 100g dry cactus.

I also did the HCl extraction the same week and of the two I was most pleased with the Cielo tek. It really is such an amazing extraction techinique and will be the one I will be using from now on.

LoveInTheDream
#8 Posted : 5/22/2023 5:05:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Madhattress wrote:

Did you decant and then add dry EA or just add dry EA to the pulled green EA/goo jar?
Trying to solve this problem currently